Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Spectre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2014, 2:56 pm

I'm curious, what are the exercise routines of WP members like? What kind of exercise do you get on a daily basis? Weekly basis?

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 6:56 pm

walking on the dreadmill, or walking outside if papa is available and it is nice out.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

14 May 2014, 12:43 pm

Basic and technical exercise four times a week at rugby, plenty of bike riding these days as well. I probably spend about four hours a day doing something active, but it's never consistant. :P

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2014, 3:37 pm

front squat 3x5
overhead press 3x5
deadlift x5

alternate with
back squat 3x5
bench 3x5
Pull ups till failurex3
Barbell Row 3x5

Babylover's Starting Strenght

I have previously done split body alternating push, pull, and legs
push- flat bench, dumbbell, incline, overhead press, flyes
pull- deadlift, pulldown, rows
legs- most importantly squat, leg press, leg extension, leg curl

SydneySputnik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2014, 2:45 am

One swim per week - usually at swim squad, and this is 2.3-2.7km over 55-60 mins; if not at squad, usually 1.2-2.0km fast

One run per week - usually 6-10km, outdoors - fast

One outdoor resistance session per week - "pulling"; that is, chin ups, rows etc in the park, plus a few single leg squats and calf raises, and usually incline crunches, then some dumbbell curls at home

One indoor resistance session per week - various kinds of pushups using only equipment in my lounge room, then some shoulder presses e.g. handstand shoulder press and dumbbell shoulder presses; and maybe abs

I don't go to the gym, I quit a year ago and I feel that this new scheme of exercise is cheaper, more flexible and convenient, faster, and avoids any of the social angst associated with the gym. I make sure every rep counts, I don't let myself slacken off. By putting in huge effort every time, I can make the workout short e.g. 25 mins.

I'm hoping to start playing squash this year, and I am always willing to try something active. Earlier this year did stand-up paddle boarding for example.