28 Jan 2017, 10:50 am

and this one too

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 11:05 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
Does anyone here, post simply to tick up post numbers? I mean, you might start new posts, not caring if others reply. You might reply to posts simply to tick up another number OR, the biggest one of all, wander over to the new members' page and welcome all the noobs simply to clock up your own points - and to be sociable of course?

That last thing aint so bad.

Going to the "Getting to Know You" sub forum, (even if your motive is just to bulk up your post count) to make newcomers feel welcome to WP is a nice thing to do. At least you're accomplishing something.

Better than going to the Games subforum to participate in one of those brain dead "Count to a million by one" counting games.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 11:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Going to the "Getting to Know You" sub forum, (even if your motive is just to bulk up your post count) to make newcomers feel welcome to WP is a nice thing to do. At least you're accomplishing something.

Hmmm! I'm off to stalk the "getting to know you" forum lol! I've thought of posting in there to say welcome , but it just doesn't seem right to me ( don't ask me to explain as I can't ).

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

They also have that dopey "Count from one million to one" post on a tennis forum I used to visit, but don't anymore. I found that site's posts more uncomfortable to read than anything on WP. The hate posts directed at certain players were just too much. I don't even say such nasty things about players I dislike, even though I think they way they behave is awful. They also use disparaging nicknames instead of the player's real name, which is disrespectful. If I don't like something somebody has done, I'll call them on it using their actual name.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 11:39 am

Welcoming people is useful for WP as well.

It provides impetus for people to post and remain in WP.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 11:42 am

SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Hmmm! I'm off to stalk the "getting to know you" forum lol! I've thought of posting in there to say welcome , but it just doesn't seem right to me ( don't ask me to explain as I can't ).

You werent joking? You really DO give a crap about making your post count higher just to make it higher?

If so then you should do what I do: vow to STAY AWAY FROM WRONG PLANET to do house work, or to do your income taxes, or whatever.

That way you wont be able resist procrastinating on that other stuff, and you will spend even MORE time on WP then you already do. And you won't be able to stop yourself from posting! :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm

I never post on those count to 1000 threads (or whatever they're called, you know what I mean). I prefer discussions.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2017, 5:10 pm

Why do we NOT respond to concerns here on WP that receive little more than ”a glancing second look?”

Indifference, which can be slightly negative, or slightly positive leaning (sorry to “split semantic hairs”) is one common factor. Misunderstanding, and difficulties putting concerns to words is another common factor.

As we get “older and wiser” and “step outside of our comfort zones”, we increasingly reassess “the world at large so to speak” -- a process that I’ve personally at times found cathartic!

Hence, topics we’ve largely ignored increasingly piques our attention, and hence invites use to add to discussion threads on often overlooked topics.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 9:03 pm

I put a lot of thought into my posts on WP. I even come here sometimes because I feel my brain getting full of thoughts and I need to find someplace to put a few choice ones. I can sort of predict which ones people here will appreciate, so I'm not just throwing out scraps, mind you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 10:12 pm

I don't really pay attention to my post count, anymore.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm

A related thread: To 'REPLY' or to 'QUOTE' Previous Posters in Disc. Threads?

viewtopic.php?t=336924

Regardless of whether we choose to 'REPLY', or to 'QUOTE', it seems many people rarely acknowledge the previous response; even in cases where the previous response relates to the content of the next post.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

I don't post just to have a higher post count rather, I post to forums and threads which wholeheartedly interest me, even if I might be over doing it and wherein, I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves.