Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2014, 9:13 am

I could be wrong about all this, but while we're rightfully enraged about Donald Sterling and demand his banning from the Clippers and the NBA, and gleefully elated about Michael Sam being drafted by the Los Angeles Rams... the rich guys, the billionaires, Magic Johnson or some affiliate can potentially make a play for the Clippers, solidifying Magic's and AIG's claim to Los Angeles. And Rams owner Kroenke, who's wife is a Walton ie Walmart, he has credibility now in the eyes of the media. If Kroenke makes a play to move the Rams back to LA, which is likely, this will put him in opposition to Magic and AIG, who are trying to bring an NFL team to LA and have been working on a proposal for some gazillion dollar facility. To further the idea of Magic vs Kroenke, here's Kroenke who just bought a bunch of land in LA ie, he's not gonna just bring a team to LA, he's gonna buy the land and build the stadium, that what he does.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/stor ... os-angeles

Add in Harry Reid and Bernard Sanders demonization of the Walmart family via the Koch brothers narrative, ie, Conservative billionaires are bad and Liberal billionaires are -- hey look over there at the conservative billionaires! They know how we FEEL about them, and know we don't THINK about them.

These guys aren't champions or morality. They're city builders....they know that us regular folks tend to drag our knuckles around and emote on command when the rich folks or the politicians need us to lol It's like we live in some post Catholic, post enlightenment secular religious society of saints and sinners, driven by powerful "clergy" who blind us with our own emotions while they accumulate power....that was pretty wordy, but I think it makes sense....Magic puts his name and face on everything. Magic's Starbucks, Magic's TGI Fridays, Magic's LA Dodgers (at least that's how it was portrayed in the media) and Kroenke owns like 5 sports teams, and is married into one of the most powerful families in the world.

Not to say that Rams player Michael Sam isn't a quality player. He's not gonna get any passes and will have to show up and fight for his position. I'm more worried about us regular folks, and I tend to think we get used.

Thanks for listening to my rant.