I Just Cannot Make Friends No Matter What I Do!

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 7:05 am

I repeat, don't give up. If this woman doesn't want another date accept that this one wasn't meant to be, and continue to meet new people.

Every knock-back or 'failure' will better equip you for next time.

BTW if previous efforts have told you that your silence makes them uncomfortable, then perhaps these people aren't going to be ideal friends.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 7:56 am

namaste wrote:
find a introvert to date extrovert want to talk a lot
plus they usually call names and tease a quiet person

find someone just like you who is reserved and quiet

Well, I did try this for dates which failed because neither party escalated things. As for friends, I saw two people (one male and one female) who looked even more reserved than I. I worked up my courage and talked to them only to find out the reason they were reserved and quiet was because they were nasty people that nobody wanted to talk to them.

Pobbles wrote:
I repeat, don't give up. If this woman doesn't want another date accept that this one wasn't meant to be, and continue to meet new people.

Every knock-back or 'failure' will better equip you for next time.

I try to tell myself but I have to use a sports analogy. If you lose over 10 games in a row, even if the scores are getting closer you eventually start to believe you will never be able to win and the longer you lose the harder it is to be motivated to push hard for that win. I just wish I was back in High School were people would tell you to your face why they don't like you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 9:05 am

That's called a "self-fulfilling prophecy." It's a trap. Avoid it at all costs.

I've never been a real good friend-finder. I found, however, that one has to let it happen; you can't force the issue.

ITIOD
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2014, 11:18 pm

:P I want friends then, I don't want friends :x
:evil: :oops: :twisted:
:cry: Alone forever :idea: