Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2007, 11:16 pm

I don't know if this belongs in this section or not- but I was wondering if anyone else here suffers from floaters.
Here's a link about them if you don't know what I mean:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

I find them particularly distracting... and I will often notice that I'll watch as one moves across my line of vision and then start to follow the next. I get so many of these floaters that I always have at least a dozen at any given moment. When I spoke to my doctor about it, he said that there really wasn't anything that he'd recommend to help.

Does anyone else suffer from this?

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:21 pm

Hahahaha.. oh man. Sometimes I get those and I actually turn my head because I think something has just flown past my vision. Floaters. Heh.

JayM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2007, 11:22 pm

Sometimes, usually when I'm about to go to sleep, I see what looks like small strands of hair floating through the air, but I put this down to tiredness. :?

Last edited by JayM on 21 Feb 2007, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:23 pm

I get those! I usually have to cross or squint my eyes a bit to see them, but they're definitely there. Back when I had glasses, I would often see them on the rims.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2007, 11:23 pm

Lol. Yeah, that happens when you're myopic. I have hundreds of them in each eye.

I was worried that this thread was going to be about a different type of "floater"...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:37 pm

Praetorius wrote:
Lol. Yeah, that happens when you're myopic. I have hundreds of them in each eye.

I was worried that this thread was going to be about a different type of "floater"...

Oh God, so glad I am not the only one... I read the title and thought, 'Man, I dont want to hear about someone else's floaters' :lol:

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2007, 11:46 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Praetorius wrote:

Oh God, so glad I am not the only one... I read the title and thought, 'Man, I dont want to hear about someone else's floaters' :lol:

I'm lost as to what the other meaning is..... Do I even want to know?

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:50 pm

I get them. I used to get them bad before a migraine. Anyway, my Opthamologist told me they don't hurt anything and don't stare at them. I was concentrating on them and making myself nauseous. LOL

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:51 pm

BeautyWithin wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Praetorius wrote:

I'm lost as to what the other meaning is..... Do I even want to know?

Probably not, lol.
Floaters is a term given to, erm, faeces that float on the top of the water :oops:

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:52 pm

Everyone has "floaters." Some people never notice them. I love them, as I find them entertaining. It's like hand shadows with weird details in my eyes.

Apparently, we're all born with them as they are bits of tissue left in the aqeous humor of the eye. They get worse as we age, due to changes in the fluid.

I don't think it's abnormal, though some people think there's really something really wrong when they first notice them.

Metta, Rjaye 8) (floaters, heh heh )

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:59 pm

I have floaters too, they are funny :). I didn't know that little things had a name :roll:

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2007, 12:03 am

Graelwyn, thank you for that bit of info... I think?
lol

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 12:06 am

:lol: ehehehehe, god, my sense of humour is so bad...why didn't God give me a nice, mature sense of humour? :roll:

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2007, 12:15 am

lol

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 12:56 am

Yes, they're especialy prevalent when I have a nosebleed for some reason...

JayM wrote:
Sometimes, usually when I'm about to go to sleep, I see what looks like small strands of hair floating through the air, but I put this down to tiredness. :?

When I was younger, (around 8 ) they would be especialy visible after I closed my eyes, seeming to be almost 'backlit', like the sun during an eclipse.

Edit: apparently 8 and a parentheses make an emoticon, sheesh

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 1:04 am

got 'em. got used to 'em.