Environmental-related news needs a focused discussion board!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm

/\ /\ Very much over generalized.

No one knows how deep the oil deposits might go.

The dust bowl parts of the USA came back and are farms today.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Jul 2014, 2:35 am

True, but what I'm trying to say is that, left unmanaged, it can get pretty bad very quickly.

Try mining for example. You could try mining a chocolate chip cookie for the chocolate chips, but you'd pretty much demolish it looking for all the chocolate. even if you cleaned up the mess afterward, that cookie won't look just the same without the chocolate chips, it's going to be completely demolished.

Same with land. Sure, there are good ways of extracting resources with little environmental damage, but it will have an effect on the wildlife, plant life, and the land in general. Some lands are more adaptable to damage than others. A temperate deciduous forest is more likely to bounce back from a clear cut than a boreal forest would.

I'm not saying we shouldn't use the resources we have, I'm saying that we should be more careful with the resources we have.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm

Hello,

Bumping-up discussion thread. Environmental-related topics are always timely.

Examples of how old-tires are handled, processed recycled, etc. is a good addition to this discussion thread. Tires are applied in the process of making cement.

Anybody remember the TV Series 'Dirty Jobs?' Several episodes highlighted jobs boosting environmentally responsible practices.

Further details: Anybody Watch Reruns/DVDs of the Show 'Dirty Jobs?' (esp. third post as of this writing):
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7#p7719287

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2018, 6:05 pm

Who'd have thought that Sweden would need to import any rubbish, then again, it's natures way of living.
I assumed solar panels would give out most of the recycled heat from the suns rays, but quoting the original subtext, British landfills are continuously filling up with waste and a lot of household items broken or discarded are being found on dumping grounds due closures and cuts the council makes on the centres.
I recycle everything, I'm pro -green, I'm also aware of the party, but Caroline Lucas has got a long way to go before she rolls out the green heritage carpet. I believe Royal Blue is still in force and very much centre stage of all proceedings, as the Tory force reigns on.

https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/recycling ... rom-norway

Not bad for a year and a half old blog :lol: