Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 8:07 pm

2 steps forward, 1 and 15/16th steps backwards. at best.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 9:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I like to think the fight for civil rights isn't over, and even Idaho can have the light "forced down it's throat."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 10:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I like to think the fight for civil rights isn't over, and even Idaho can have the light "forced down it's throat."

the south had "the light forced down its throat" and look where we are all at 149 years later. racism is not dead yet, and with racism all the other isms. the sins of the father and all that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 10:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

the south had "the light forced down its throat" and look where we are all at 149 years later. racism is not dead yet, and with racism all the other isms. the sins of the father and all that.

Yeah, but at least black people can vote, use the same drinking fountain or sh*tter as whites, can attend any school they wish, and can even marry white people if they fall in love, as the power of the federal government is behind them. And many white southerners are decent people (Misslizard, as an example) who would never want to return to the bad old days.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 10:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yeah, but at least black people can vote, use the same drinking fountain or sh*tter as whites, can attend any school they wish, and can even marry white people if they fall in love, as the power of the federal government is behind them. And many white southerners are decent people (Misslizard, as an example) who would never want to return to the bad old days.

I know there are good southerners. I guess an uneasy peace and grudging acquiescence on the part of the reluctant [aka the ungood ones] is the glass half-full.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I know there are good southerners. I guess an uneasy peace and grudging acquiescence on the part of the reluctant [aka the ungood ones] is the glass half-full.

Doubtlessly true. That said, there are plenty of saints and stinkers in every part of the country - though I suspect the red states have more of the stinkers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
That said, there are plenty of saints and stinkers in every part of the country - though I suspect the red states have more of the stinkers.

hopefully this nation will last long enough for the south to evolve into modernity.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That said, there are plenty of saints and stinkers in every part of the country - though I suspect the red states have more of the stinkers.

hopefully this nation will last long enough for the south to evolve into modernity.

And every other red area of the country, too.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 7:26 am

/\ Let's not get too carried away on the red states.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 8:40 am

AR's Supreme Court put same sex marriage on hold also,it does seem like once you get your foot in the door they want to slam it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 11:59 am

Raptor wrote:
/\ Let's not get too carried away on the red states.

Why?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:00 pm

Misslizard wrote:
AR's Supreme Court put same sex marriage on hold also,it does seem like once you get your foot in the door they want to slam it.

Forces of reaction :thumbdown:.