Facebook and the people with "good communication skills

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 9:38 pm

I just read this once again in a friend's FB page?

Too much crap being posted on Facebook lately. I might be un friending some of you. Sorry.

Honestly, like, what's up with these people with good communication skills? First of all, that is INCREDIBLY rude,
but I guess if you say sorry and warn people, it's ok? If you don't like what people post, then just hide their posts
from your timeline! Ugh?It truly makes me ILL everytime I read some BS like that. I feel like telling them "f$#% off!"
and get a life. Who died and made you king/queen of Facebook? Ah, sorry, you have "great communication
skills and are a bubbly person with NO BRAIN as obviously you haven't figured out you can hide people's posts?
or maybe you do know that but you expect others to post things YOU like?

Anyone else get ticked off at the ridiculousness of that? Honestly, if an adult says/does such a thing, I have
a feeling they were a bully in school and are a bully as an adult?they just have learned how to cover it
up with their BS of sorry.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 5:04 am

My friends write those kinds of thing too.
for me they actually want everyone to know they think those things are stupid, or else they wouldn't post it. So they do it on purpose, makes them seem smart or not-superficial or whatever.

Rabbers
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2014, 8:34 am

I think I have decent communication skills but this annoys me too. I think it's the presumption that being on their friends list is some kind of honour.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 12:32 pm

I honestly feel like writing?

"what makes you think these people you find so annoying with their posts like YOUR posts?" ugh

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 6:02 pm

I haven't seen that myself, but I wouldn't have a problem with someone telling me not to post certain stuff on their timeline. It is their timeline after all.
I wouldn't keep FB 'friends' who posted embarrassing or otherwise inappropriate stuff on my wall. I would never post something on someone's timeline they didn't like/ want there (and in fact I hardly post on anyone else's timelines at all), and I'm not interested in having anyone on my list who I would have to keep an eye on like that and had to hide whenever they posted there.

Quote:
I think it's the presumption that being on their friends list is some kind of honour.

I wouldn't say so about FB because it's nothing to do with real friendship, but I think friendship, being someone a person is willing to spend their free time on, is a privilege. It's not a right. It's not a given. There are very few people I would willingly spend my time interacting with, and I think that's true for most people. So in a way it is, no matter how presumptuous that sounds.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

opal
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 4:25 am

Yeah, facebook isn't real, fortunatly or unfortunatly.
I've seen posts like that. I don't see the point of broadcasting that you are going to unfriend people; and saying sorry ?!?!?!?

That being said I've also seen really annoying strings of posts from different people to the point where I've blocked their posts for a while, or commented.
I mean, yes they can post what they want, but if it's racist or otherwise obnoxious I don't want to read it. If it's a thinly veiled personal atack I don't want to see it. If it's 20 drunken selfies from your weekend, I don't necessarily want to see that either. (I have yet to see a good selfie)

Maybe I'm just a grump.

Rabbers
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2014, 4:52 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
I haven't seen that myself, but I wouldn't have a problem with someone telling me not to post certain stuff on their timeline. It is their timeline after all.
I wouldn't keep FB 'friends' who posted embarrassing or otherwise inappropriate stuff on my wall. I would never post something on someone's timeline they didn't like/ want there (and in fact I hardly post on anyone else's timelines at all), and I'm not interested in having anyone on my list who I would have to keep an eye on like that and had to hide whenever they posted there.

Quote:
I think it's the presumption that being on their friends list is some kind of honour.

I wouldn't say so about FB because it's nothing to do with real friendship, but I think friendship, being someone a person is willing to spend their free time on, is a privilege. It's not a right. It's not a given. There are very few people I would willingly spend my time interacting with, and I think that's true for most people. So in a way it is, no matter how presumptuous that sounds.

I think it's different if people are posting on other peoples walls but if it's just statuses showing up on other peoples news feeds then I don't think anyone can be expected to cater what they write to all 200+ or however many Facebook friends people have these days.
I post a lot of pictures of my children which may annoy some people but I also know a lot of friends and family like to see them. If people want to hide/unfriend me because of that then I don't really care - there's no need to apologise.
Personally I only ever hide people now rather than defriending to save the inevitable awkwardness when I bump into them. One person I defriended a while ago for posting racist stuff messaged me saying I'd ruined his life! He was only someone I'd met a few times as well.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 5:05 am

Rabbers wrote:
I think it's different if people are posting on other peoples walls but if it's just statuses showing up on other peoples news feeds then I don't think anyone can be expected to cater what they write to all 200+ or however many Facebook friends people have these days.
I post a lot of pictures of my children which may annoy some people but I also know a lot of friends and family like to see them. If people want to hide/unfriend me because of that then I don't really care - there's no need to apologise.

Oh, I agree completely with that. I thought it was about posting on other people's walls.
I would never start anything over what others post on their own walls. And just the same, I wouldn't change my own posting style. My wall is pretty much dedicated to my turtle special interest, and if anyone has a problem with that, then they'll just have to have a problem with that.

One of my cousin posts quite a few pics of her children, and personally I think it's nice to see since we live far apart.

I have a Facebook friend who plays FB games all the time and it got a little annoying to get so many updates about it in my news feed so I changed it so I would only get important news from her. Problem solved.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765