Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 10:37 am

I use Facebook and Twitter mainly because of the groups I'm in because we can talk freely about anything. In fact 90% of my socializing now is done between those 2 sites.

claireviolet
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2014, 7:17 pm

I do the following sites:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Soundcloud
Westeros.org (I'm a fan of Game of Thrones)
Tumblr
Goodreads

So yeah, I'm on all these sites, and I must admit that I enjoy using social media.

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2014, 3:02 am

The good thing about facebook is that I can stay in touch with people without the stress of physically interacting with them socially. Makes life so much easier. I can also keep an eye out on any events I may want to participate in (something I don't usually enjoy, but every now and then you can kill 20 birds with one stone by going to a party of friends, stand in a corner, be charming... instead of visiting twenty friends sequentially, which is much more tiring for me). Some days I'm obsessively immersed in facebook activities, other days the whole world of social media can take a flying f*ck. No obligation to be involved in it 24/7. I sometimes think about deleting my account, but then it would make staying in touch so much more of a chore.

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2014, 3:04 am

I also use gmail, there is a group I like to stay in touch with, an exclusive subgenius foundation forum, it is a real freak scene, a lot of mutants and misfits and my kind of people, so I like that very much too.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:34 am

I actually just reactivated Facebook and Twitter because of my mother. I deactivated Twitter again though because I was losing followers. I have another Twitter for meeting people with Asperger's though and a few spoof ones.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 10:06 am

I love Facebook and usually always leave it open while I'm online at all, even doing something else. I'll read what people post that shows up in my timeline, sometimes I'll comment on it, sometimes I'll send somebody a chat message or they send me one. I really like it. I never understood twitter so I don't do it. I used to do MySpace but that basically died.

My best friend used to be on FB all the time until she deleted it. I mean ALL THE TIME. She would drive and be checking her FB and typing in answers. Drove me nuts. We used to sit in the same room, 10 feet apart, in total silence, just reading our FB pages and chatting with each other in chat on FB. That used to drive my husband crazy when he would be in there with us because he wanted to know what we were saying and what was so funny. I think he got paranoid or something.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

InsertUsernameHere
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2014, 4:39 pm

I check my Facebook almost daily, but never really use it other then reading up on family. I used to use it a lot more when I was 8-10ish (Yes, I know thats under the age limit but whatever.)

BarkMeow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2014, 6:12 pm

I use Facebook only and that is for family and close friends/childhood friends. I do not use Instagram, Twitter , PinInterest , Snapchat or any other social media.