Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 10:48 pm

I find whenever I get upset, 90% of the time it's because of something related to someone being selfish.

For example when I get mad at higher prices at grocery stores, construction, long lights, traffic, or crappyou stuff that breaks I usually get frustrated because the cause of the situation is linked from someone being greedy or not caring. Would say when you get mad, it's mostly because of that reason too?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2014, 12:20 am

Yes i get mad or frustrated at similar things (exept long lights,there is one around here that the green is too short) the profit for cruddy objects/things that are bought or people not paying attention to whats going on arround them,people blocking ailes at stores when i just want to get my stuff and get out the same goes for people blabbing with cashiers. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:43 am

It drives me up the wall when the person in front of me keeps yacking to the cashier.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:44 am

It upsets me as well, but I also get upset because of injustice.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 1:06 am

infilove wrote:
I find whenever I get upset, 90% of the time it's because of something related to someone being selfish.

For example when I get mad at higher prices at grocery stores, construction, long lights, traffic, or crappyou stuff that breaks I usually get frustrated because the cause of the situation is linked from someone being greedy or not caring. Would say when you get mad, it's mostly because of that reason too?

I'd say about half the time when I get mad, it's because someone doesn't care. And the other half is when someone DOES care but they care in a way that is intrusive or overbearing.

The common factor for me in both scenarios is that someone is oblivious to my actual feelings, whether they care or not.

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2014, 8:46 am

Even though I try to love everybody in a way people do drive me nuts. Worst time for me is walking somewhere say a lesson at school and they are walking in big groups talking with each other but they walk so slowly and take up the whole corridor, so that you end up getting stuck behind them, alos when people just stop walking and you nearly smash into them.

Reason why thats a issue for me is im really anxious and insecure when walking around in public or others and I guess basically what I do is try to walk as quickly as possible and try to avoid being dragged into a situation while walking because it happens and I dont like being caught off guard when im already anxious.

iammaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2014, 9:01 am

I find your explanation for your frustration to be incongruous with your description of the scenario. long traffic lights are because someone is selfish or greedy? traffic?

i find that my greatest cause of frustration is my inability to understand a social situation and then no one else being willing to help me understand my mistake.

but i try not to let it get to me. C'est la vie

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 5:51 pm

iammaz wrote:
I find your explanation for your frustration to be incongruous with your description of the scenario. long traffic lights are because someone is selfish or greedy? traffic?

The reason why I get frustrated in traffic and long traffic lights due to thinking it's caused by someone that doesn't care or lazy/selfish is because I feel like the traffic is caused by poor road building, or poor urban planning in regards to streets. I then like to think someone is there to be blamed for this often assuming it's because someone being lazy on their job or not caring to much about the people driving the roads and hurrying in decisions of just deciding to "put a road here" without much thought hens causing traffic. Maybe it's kind of out of line or irrational to assume that but I unfortunately do and I working on that.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 7:32 pm

Yeah, that makes me mad, too, especially since I always take special care to accommodate and cater to people on a daily basis. I just don't think it's too much to ask for others to show me just a teeny bit of the same concern. :roll:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 7:48 pm

infilove wrote:
The reason why I get frustrated in traffic and long traffic lights due to thinking it's caused by someone that doesn't care or lazy/selfish is because I feel like the traffic is caused by poor road building, or poor urban planning in regards to streets. I then like to think someone is there to be blamed for this often assuming it's because someone being lazy on their job or not caring to much about the people driving the roads and hurrying in decisions of just deciding to "put a road here" without much thought hens causing traffic. Maybe it's kind of out of line or irrational to assume that but I unfortunately do and I working on that.

I totally understand. I get mad at the way roads are mapped out, the way parking lots are designed, poor store layouts, etc. And I just wonder WHO designed this crap and I feel like I want to go yell at them.

On the other hand when I see something that is designed and constructed really well, it can bring tears to my eyes, to think about the forethought and effort that was put into it and the way people had to come together to build it.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 7:55 pm

Don't sweat the small stuff?

I get angry with people who don't care about violence, especially to animals and children. And creeps like the Trumps who think it is just fun to go and shoot big cats in Africa - for "sport" (read "overblown sense of entitlement and narcissistic ego)