Page 1 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don_Pedro_Zamacona
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 76

17 May 2014, 11:15 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se3PaCX7sjI[/youtube]



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

17 May 2014, 12:04 pm

There's a follow-up by this guy. Cracking song this.



Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,388
Location: Scandinavia

17 May 2014, 3:02 pm

Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.


_________________
“He who controls the spice controls the universe.”


Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 596
Location: The Dire Swamp, NW UK

17 May 2014, 4:28 pm

I read the thread title and judged the entire thread to be racist without watching the video.

The video pleasantly surprised me. Good show.


_________________
Here's my RAADS-R score for anyone who gives a rat's ass about arbitrary numbers. Apparently I do. O_o
http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questio ... cale=en_GB


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,989
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

17 May 2014, 5:56 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.


That's pretty much what it boils down to; left wing anti-semitism.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,673
Location: united states

17 May 2014, 6:59 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.

when was the last time those country's bombed their neighbors and actively segregated the populations?
also theres so little entries on iran because iran is not actively oppressing its neighbors
Image



thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,434
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

17 May 2014, 7:14 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.


it has nothing to do with anti semitism, or judaiism.

Israel is a bedfellow of western capitalism, especially that of america, that, its chequered history of actively segregating the arab population from jews while denying their right to return, and dubious claims to the Palestinian's land at the cost of their existance is why it attracts a disproportionate level of criticism from the left wing.

Had the Israel project been started in the name of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism or Rastafarianism, it would still have attracted the same left wing criticism it does at the moment.

As for the video posted by the OP, it is full of so many historical oversights and non sequiturs I do not know where to start.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,434
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

17 May 2014, 7:24 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.


That's pretty much what it boils down to; left wing anti-semitism.


It was European anti semites that concoted the Israel project in the first place.

The victors of WW2 wanted the Jews out of the way, and didn't want to have to give them sanctuary in their own countries. If anything the problem boils down to right wing anti semitism.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,388
Location: Scandinavia

17 May 2014, 7:35 pm

chris5000 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.

when was the last time those country's bombed their neighbors and actively segregated the populations?
also theres so little entries on iran because iran is not actively oppressing its neighbors
Image


False analogy. You could find a picture of anyone building a fence and compare it to Nazi Germany. Israel is exactly like a European country, except that it resides right next door to terrorists. Iran is oppressing Israel as we speak. The barrier has saved more than 1,000 lives from suicide bombers, which makes it a necessary evil. If Hamas didn't violate the ceasefire every f*cking time after a mere few weeks, there would be no need for a barrier.

Image

[img][800:851]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/HANDS_OFF_GAZA_STOP_THE_BOMBING_FREE_PALESTINE_-_UK_NATIONAL_DEMONSTRATION.jpg[/img]


_________________
“He who controls the spice controls the universe.”


Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,388
Location: Scandinavia

17 May 2014, 7:38 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Israel is a bedfellow of western capitalism, especially that of america, that, its chequered history of actively segregating the arab population from jews while denying their right to return, and dubious claims to the Palestinian's land at the cost of their existance is why it attracts a disproportionate level of criticism from the left wing.


So the socialists hate Israel because it proves that capitalism works? Palestine never existed.

Quote:
Had the Israel project been started in the name of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism or Rastafarianism, it would still have attracted the same left wing criticism it does at the moment.


The socialists either hate the Israelites because they're jews or because the country employs a market economy.

Quote:
As for the video posted by the OP, it is full of so many historical oversights and non sequiturs I do not know where to start.


No it's not. You either need to boycott all countries with more human right violations before you boycott Israel, or you need to cut the BS and admit that you're an antisemite.


_________________
“He who controls the spice controls the universe.”


Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,388
Location: Scandinavia

17 May 2014, 7:40 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Why is it that people want to boycott Israel, but not Iran, Venezuela, Belarus, or other countries with far worse human rights violations? Does not being jewish automatically cancel out bad deeds?

Israel is a mixed-economy, which means that a boycott will hurt the people before it hurts the politicians. The rise of antisemittism in the left-wing politics is despicable. Norway's largest Marxist party, has 193 entries on Israel, but only 20 on Iran, even though the latter is causing far more headaches for the UN.


That's pretty much what it boils down to; left wing anti-semitism.


It was European anti semites that concoted the Israel project in the first place.

The victors of WW2 wanted the Jews out of the way, and didn't want to have to give them sanctuary in their own countries. If anything the problem boils down to right wing anti semitism.


Actually, it was late 19th century zionism that made it so that Israel was resurrected. The jews were given Israel because it originally belonged to them.


_________________
“He who controls the spice controls the universe.”


thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,434
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

17 May 2014, 8:13 pm

Kurgan wrote:

So the socialists hate Israel because it proves that capitalism works? Palestine never existed.


No, whether or not capitalism works is for another thread. Socialists hate Israel because of its track record in seizing the lands of Palestinians who have been there for centuries and brutalising those who dare to resist. If you are going to argue that Israel has a carte blanche in orchestrating whatever it likes because the Palestinians do not historically, have a government of their own then by this logic you acquit the persecutors of the Jews since beforehand the Jews had no government either.

As for the idea that Palestine never existed, there are documents that prove the contrary:-
Image
Image

Kurgan wrote:
The socialists either hate the Israelites because they're jews or because the country employs a market economy.

False, for the reason I just gave.

Kurgan wrote:
No it's not. You either need to boycott all countries with more human right violations before you boycott Israel, or you need to cut the BS and admit that you're an antisemite.

Almost none of those countries listed in the video pack the trading efficacy of Israel or Western nations anyway. In that respect he was grasping at straws. Moreover there is a litany of reasons other than its labelled national religion to oppose Israel. Abusing the anti semite card is just how its supporters shut down criticism.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,434
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

17 May 2014, 8:17 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Actually, it was late 19th century zionism that made it so that Israel was resurrected.

So what is your point?

Anti semites have wanted Jews out of their countries since before the 20th century. Thats hardly news.

The holocaust simply provided the necessary justification for making a forced exodus of two different peoples.

Kurgan wrote:
The jews were given Israel because it originally belonged to them.

It 'belongs' to them in the same way that Istanbul belongs to Italy because that is where the Romans built Constantinople.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,434
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

17 May 2014, 8:24 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Iran is oppressing Israel as we speak.


Yes, such oppression...

Image


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,164
Location: Aux Arcs

17 May 2014, 8:28 pm

Image


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller