Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 2:49 am

Kurgan wrote:
Try identifying as an Israelite within Palestinian territories, and see how your rights fare.

It's illegal for a Palestinian to sell land to a Jew in the Palestinian territories. They will be killed for it in Gaza.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:19 am

Tequila wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Try identifying as an Israelite within Palestinian territories, and see how your rights fare.

It's illegal for a Palestinian to sell land to a Jew in the Palestinian territories. They will be killed for it in Gaza.

1- With the exception of political sympathisers or aid workers, what possible motive would a Israeli/Jew have for wanting to live in the OPT other than to affront Palestinian sovereignty and provoke more violence?

2-That comparison is completely blind to the material realities on the ground. The West Bank and Gaza is on the verge of annihilation because of settlers moving in. For Palestinians to sell land to Jews would serve nothing other than to expedite that process.

My deviant art profile

Last edited by thomas81 on 21 May 2014, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:23 am

Kurgan wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Try identifying AS a Palestinian within Israel, and see how your rights fare.

The point is not that arabs are being denied rights within Israel, but arabs who refuse to renounce their Palestinian identity.

Last time i checked, settlers receive legal immunity despite breaking Israeli law, large packets of land stolen from Palestinians behind the agreed peace line and copious amounts of cash from the Israeli government. The rights of Israelis living in Palestine fare pretty well from what i can see.

My deviant art profile