Who should you vote for in the EU elections?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 10:56 am

TallyMan wrote:
Roger Helmer certainly sounds like an obnoxious, clueless dickhead. He definitely wouldn't get my vote.

The scary thing is, mainstream UKIP supporters like Tequila clamber to his defence rather than condemning what he says or preventing him from standing as a candidate, let alone throwing him out of the party as they should.

Its obvious to anyone with a brainstem that UKIP are about creating a environment where minorities- both indigenous and non-indigenous- are increasingly marginalised.

My deviant art profile

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2014, 12:12 pm

Well, that defence is Ok and a natural reaction of a supporter towing the party line - every party has loonies dropping out of the woodwork and shooting the party in its collective foot for one reason or another.

But it only works up to a point: UKIP appears to be building a party composed of them, with Farage at the head and apparently content with it all.
Also - Farage is worming his way out of stating how he feels about gay marriage and Helmer is still standing, which seems rather too much like a coward implicitly supporting a bigot.

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2014, 1:33 pm

Never mind taking tests, read the manifestos. Voting Green on my own reasoning. Greens and LIb Dems are the 2 parties standing by free movement, but Greens are the only party also standing by the union of benefits.

The SSP who might also stand by that but are less sure what they think of the EU have nicely stood aside for the Greens. Greens are standing as the head on opposite of UKIP and no scared concessions to UKIP's way.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 1:44 pm

My understanding is that UKIP are more or less non-existant in Scotland after being booed out?
:lol:
Wish the other constituent nations could have the same courage to tell them to get stuffed.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 1:52 pm

:lol:

My deviant art profile

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 6:48 pm

according to the survey my views most closely resemble those of the Spanish Podemos party (73.1).

My deviant art profile