Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 11:56 pm

Just saying?I have been reading and I think I am there?ugh. For quite a while now my husband has blamed everything on AS, but I have to say, I have had AS all my life and NOTHING feels this messed up?

So?.anyone going through this? Anyone already through it? I feel like I am about to explode. I resent so many things in my life right now it is not even funny. I had a wonderful career for many years, I gave up a lot because of my son and husband. My husband was NOT looking out for my best interest, yet I felt I could "manage" before?right now, I feel like RUNNING as far away as possible and resent every little thing about him and what he has done to my life. I have been reading about midlife crisis and it sounds exactly like me right now?so I am not sure if indeed it is that or if I am just sick and tired of the crap. Mind you, my husband has changed greatly?but where there was once hope and thankfulness right now, all I feel is "whatever, get out of my face, I have NO MORE FU3$%#$5ing time left to deal with you"?which is what makes me think that it is a midlife crisis issue.

I do believe most women with AS have very high testosterone and well, we know this affects mostly men although many women also go through it?so maybe there's a bit of that?

Anyway, if anyone has gone through it and understood it, I would appreciate your input?because right now, I want to take my money, get on a plane and take off...

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 12:10 am

I have some suggestions:

if you are in your 40s, get a blood test to see where your FSH levels are at. These indicate perimenopause and the huge surges of hormones are very destabilising.

if these are normal and you are not in perimenopause, consider getting your oestrogen and progesterone levels checked. Progesterone can really dip for some women at midlife, and a clue to this is serious bouts of PMT.

If all the hormone levels are normal, then consider relationship issues. It seems there is at least one big one going on for you. David Richo is my go to author for sound analysis and advice about those. Maybe check him out.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 12:34 am

thanks B19?I will definitely check that out...