Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 May 2014, 12:53 pm

I applied at UPS and they scheduled an interview for next Thursday. I'm so excited, this is probably the farthest I've gone job-hunting wise. I'm not really too afraid of screwing it up. The worst they can say is no, right?

Anyway, care to share your interview experiences so I know what to expect? (Well, to sort of expect?)

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 1:01 pm

I have been trying to get a job for a few months now, but the only interview I went on (I got called to CVS too but didn't go in) was McDonald's.

My experience was pretty horrible. The lady started off really interested because of my grades and stuff, but she asked me if I would clean throw up or toilets and I explained to her that I have Asperger's and I have some phobias about germs like OCD and then she lost interest. She asked me to come back with my references, but I don't have any so I never did.

In other words, make sure you tell them what they want to hear. If they ask if you will do something, just say "yes" unless you physically can't do it safely or something.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 1:07 pm

Good luck with the interview.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 2:23 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
She asked me to come back with my references, but I don't have any so I never did.

Try to get a prior teacher or counselor to provide references until you get some employment references. Almost any reference is better than none?places where you've volunteered, people you've babysat for, even your friends' parents if you can't find anyone else.