"Toni Braxton Thinks God Punished Her for Getting...&qu

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 6:57 am

This might end up teaching her son that religion isn't something to take an interest in.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 10:04 am

micfranklin wrote:
This might end up teaching her son that religion isn't something to take an interest in.

I think it depends on which religion. Not all faiths are equal.

[email protected]
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2016, 1:36 pm

There are three things wrong with this:
First, let us take her premise that God inflicted autism to punish her; that God punishes an innocent child for something the child did not do. That kind of contempt for what is fair disproves that such an unjust God would keep His promises to give us paradise after death and it make it futile to pray to or try to get along with Him. It is almost akin to God punishing someone in the antebellum South by causing offending parents' baby to be born with a wrong color of skin, a color that society arbitrarily ascribes, in its junk science, to inferior genes.
Second, it demonstrates a form of racism against autistic people who suffer no comorbidities, autistic people are presumed an inferior form of human, a defective untermenschen race, in some cases, life unworthy of life as we have seen in how parents who kill their autistic children are treated more leniently than most other killers.
Third, if she wants to speak with authority on autism, and claim there is such a thing as a cure, she must earn that authority by doing the years in graduate school and possibly medical school learning the science and what it can and cannot know. She is not trained to diagnose that her son is cured.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 7:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pobbles wrote:
Toni Braxton believes in a pretty malicious and sadistic deity.

Is she from one of the Abrahamic cults?

I have to assume she hails from one of the more legalistic evangelical/fundamentalist churches.

She strikes me as more of a "casual fundamentalist" than a hardcore literal bible reader. I'm upset, I had such a crush on her as a boy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 10:22 pm

This story is a little dated. A more recent story about a celebrity mother publicly humiliating her autistic son
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... on-8591202

Celebrities aren't mean't to be role models...