Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

doubtingmind
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 6:52 pm

So I just started posting here, but didn't introduce myself. Sorry for that.

There's nothing much to tell about myself. I grew up in a number of different homes, always moving from one place to the next. I wonder at times what we are running away from. It is a cliché, but from ourselves, probably. Never had great relationships with our neighbours.

I am the eldest in my family, but always felt like the youngest. I don't have much of a worldly sense - my brother who is six years younger than me knows a lot more about the outside world. He has always had the glib tongue, but for my own part I get intimidated simply talking to a child.

I don't have any kind of on-going relationship with a doctor, but the plain truth shows me that I fit on the autism spectrum. I don't mind it, really. I trust in the logic of reincarnation, so for the time being I try not to lament my obstacles. I think that there is a great learning opportunity in autism, and in being not easily connected to the outside world.

I do want to try what I can to make a life for myself, though, Find work, take care of my mother as she gets older. She matters the world to me. Find love along the way? Who knows.

I am trying to quit smoking cigarettes but I bought a pack today. Hard habit to beat.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 7:17 pm

kudos to you on trying to quit smoking. there is no greater thing you can do for your health.

welcome.

Temporality
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 7:26 pm

Sounds to me like you have a great foundation in your outlook on life, and you apparently are also deeply caring about loved ones - that's an admirable quality.

I've quit smoking twice. I've gone a week this time. I've used chewing tobacco both times to break the actual habit of smoking, and slowly work down the nicotine in my bloodstream. Seems to work, anyway. Chewing tobacco is also way less harmful in general, just as a thought.

Welcome. I'm new myself :)

doubtingmind
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 7:47 pm

Life does appear more colourful and vibrant to me when I don't smoke, that's for sure. I don't know what it is, but the entire world around me looks cleaner.

Thanks for the tips and welcome thougts. I hope your quitting goes well, Temporality.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 7:12 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 2:59 pm

Welcome to WP.