Looking for other NT females married toas male

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Koolkitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2014, 8:30 pm

Looking for advice ideas on how to have a successful marriage/ relationship. Would like response from both Aspergers males and nerotypical ladies.. I really want our relationship to work.. Any advice?
We are in our late 40s
Both been divorced and both have adult children..
We also sometimes struggle when talking about how we raised our kids. I am a bit overly nurturing and I feel he is quite the opposite when parenting is involved. But I love him so very much and don't want it to come between us!

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 8:43 pm

I've never been married, but I've been in some fairly long relationships. In any relationship, things occur that are ambiguous and open to interpretation. The women who have worked well with me have an optimistic attitude and default to optimistic feelings and positive interpretations when challenged with an ambiguity. So, when in doubt, try to presume the best. I'm not saying be a fool, just be positive.

Also, be open to more physical interactions. Autistics don't communicate well in some modes, so he might start using little bumps, pokes, etc. to let you know he's thinking about you.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 9:32 pm

AS female married to NT male. we don't focus on the diagnosis. we each have strengths and weaknesses. we respect each other.

i don't understand why his parenting is an issue unless you are planning on having kids together.