The Finest Complement I've Ever Heard

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:04 pm

Most of the chat up lines are really REALLY corny but today I heard one that sounded just right.

"When I see most women I tend to hold my stomach in and wish that I was twenty years younger. You, you're different in the finest possible way, when I see you I want to write poetry".

I can just imagine Jack Nicholson saying that in a movie.

Comments?

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:31 pm

If you're into poetry, I guess. :?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:34 pm

You've got to be an old guy hitting on someone half your age, though.

Which to me when I was young would have been creepy. At that point in time I didn't understand why they couldn't stick to their own age bracket.

Outside of that, which can be tweaked, it is sweet.

DukeJanTheGrey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2014, 4:37 pm

Sweet if you like cheesy, over weight old men I suppose.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:48 pm

I personally think it sounds really weird, and I hope that no one ever says that to me

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 5:09 pm

yeah sorry but this sounds to me like exactly what it is: a cheesy pick-up line. those tend to not work on me--when i hear something that is quite obviously a "line" from a guy, my only thought is "how do i back away from this gracefully, without tripping myself up or getting called a b***h?"

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 4:11 pm

OK, so I was wrong, just another example of my somewhat warped social skills :roll:

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2014, 3:07 pm

Yeah the finest compliments are the ones that are personal, not so much that they'll apply to every other woman on the planet. Even though I'm not a girl, I would appreciate a genuine compliment way more.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

I have a weird aversion to poetry - so that would ick me out a little.

That being said, just approaching someone with a genuine compliment is good. Or an observation about something that's going on...

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 11:25 am

Exactly. I asked one of the trainers at the gym why he always trained the good looking women and the woman he was working with heard me. We've now been together for almost a year 8)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 2:36 pm

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
OK, so I was wrong, just another example of my somewhat warped social skills :roll:

There is very little right or wrong in dating, just different tastes. Any line can work or fail depending upon who it is said to, how similar they are to the person speaking the line, and how predisposed by chemistry to like the person.

Consider how tough it would be if there was one universal standard: there would the few that meet it, and the rest of us pining for that person. So, life and fate have been smarter than that, making sure we are not all attracted to the same things. The only thing that matters is if person you want to attract likes something. No one else's opinion carries any ounce of weight.