screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 9:09 pm

I currently take:

-Adderall
-Propranolol
-Lexapro

I don't think any if them are ideal for me. I think I use adderall as an anti-depressant, but it makes me less flexible which causes problems.

I've mostly stopped taking propranolol--it's magic if I can continue taking it through whatever event I need it for. However, too frequently, my anxiety about taking it in front of someone tends to postpone it until I end up having a panic attack (and I rarely had them before taking propranolol).

Lexapro does help me sleep and (if I don't miss doses) takes the sting off depression, but it also makes me really hungry which I hate.

I want to ask for klonopin again. It helped considerably with anxiety in the past. I stopped taking it because it made me cognitively dull...and admittedly it is difficult drug to get off of (I've done it twice). Right now my anxiety is so bad, I just need something stronger to make it.

I have a lot of speech and anxiety issues at my psych appointments so it helps me to digest what I might say first.

What do you take? Does it help?

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

GlennBecksTears
Raven
Raven

26 May 2014, 9:13 pm

Zyprexa 20mg at bedtime
Trazadone for sleep
Celexa for anxiety and depression
Buspar for anxiety
Xanax for anxiety

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 9:47 pm

mine have just been altered in the past couple days;have had some increased [halperidol] and two removed [a anti histamine-to see if it was causing worsening stomach/bowel problems and naproxen which turned out to be causing the stomach problems-hope to go back on the anti histamine due to having severe hayfever [fortunately its only to selected pollens], but staff have to get every thing written down by doctors before they can start giving it again.

am currently on;
halperidol;4mg a day. for the difficulties, anxiety and challenging behavior of severe autism.
tegretol; just over one thousand mg a day,for tonic clonic epilepsy,challenging behavior and trigeminal neuralgia.
cymbalta; am on one hundred and twenty something mg-a higher dose than normal for severe major depressive disorder and anxiety
diazepam; have been on it as a daily medication and PRN for years-for challenging behavior and anxiety.
microgynon; the pill,hopefuly to eventualy stop monthlies or at least make them copeable.
laxido; a daily laxitive for severe stomach issues.
gaviscon advanced; for heartburn and acid reflux.
co codamol for the pain caused by daily head banging,challenging behavior, severe headaches and a spinal injury.

supplements for calcium,iron and folic acid,
magnesium and multi vitamins,am prescribed everything on this list as opposed to any being OTC.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 10:35 pm

zoloft 25mg and ambien 5mg

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 10:46 pm

75 mg diclofenac
100mg pycnogenol
1 gram omega 3/fish oil
500mg vit. C
1 gram l-citruline
300mg testofen [extract of fenugreek saponins]
50mg DHEA
several others.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 May 2014, 10:50 pm

I found that if my diet is adequately supplemented, I usually react better to most social situations. So I just take vitamins. :?

I don't really take anything else except ibuprofen for my ligament sprains from rugby.

Dr_Cheeba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2014, 9:35 pm

I currently take...

- 500mg of Marijuana for Sleep

- 500mg of Marijuana for Anxiety/Depression

- 1000mg of Marijuana for Pure Relaxation

- 2000mg of Wild Salmon Fish Oil

- 550mg of Vitamines C & D3

huck280
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2014, 9:59 am

A bit of background: I have Asperger's Syndrome.

I found Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) very good for tackling the more ADHD aspects of Asperger's. It's not very pleasant for the first two weeks, but totally worth it. It became effective about 3-4 weeks after starting it. It's changed my productivity, focus, racing mind. It's an anti-depressant but with none of the downsides of SSRIs. It can make you a bit hyper/anxious when you first go on it, but this wears off - especially with the XL (on the quicker release ones you have to take one about 3pm; if you get the timing wrong, you may not go to sleep).

I have also been taking Buspirone for a while; it's an anxiolytic with similar effectiveness to some of the benzodiazepines, but with none of the down-sides at all (memory loss, withdrawal problems, addiction etc.). It takes about 4 weeks to work, and can leave you a bit light-headed about half an hour after you take it.

These have proved excellent for me in combination.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 3:22 am

None

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 12:34 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
None

wow, you are a good and healthy cat :cat: :wtg:

belikeh2o
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2014, 8:49 pm

Caffeine - helps me push through depressions and even makes me more sociable.

Multi- vitamin in the morning and minerals at night

5htp 50mg + 1 G L-tryptophan for enhanced sleep.

Vitamin D3 - 5000 IU

This seems to be working really well for me. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3-5 days a week. It's not exactly a social function for me but I do get to socialize with like minded people and force myself to do something that isn't very fun but very rewarding. I've always liked the "OKAY, GO!!" aspect of combat sports. Plus if you find a good academy you WILL make friends. I get to push myself in ways that make me very uncomfortable but does wonders for confidence and self esteem. It's a very systemic and logical martial art and doesn't require you to be big, strong, or athletic and it will improve your proprioception with enough time invested. Also, my Asperger's traits help in some situations, I have a strong drive and focus as well as a high tolerance for pain and flimsy arms that are tough to contort into submissions. BJJ alone is enough to keep me off medications.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 10:50 pm

Prenatal vitamins (gummy kind)
Stool softener (helps with my constipation and keeps my system cleaned out)

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2014, 9:10 pm

I take 1200 mg of St. John's wort since I've bought it in bulk, melatonin to sleep, and a caffeine pill to lose weight.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 10:58 pm

I'm on vitamin D supplements because they help my immune system in the winter because I live in a cold climate where I am often vitamin D deprived. I also stated taking Paxil for anxiety because Zoloft didn't work.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 11:40 pm

I used to take anti depressants, and I need sleeping pills when my insomnia is at it's worst. Apart from that, I don't take any meds.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 2:47 am

Humira
Azathioprine
Uceris
all for IBD, the first two work, but not well enough on their own. I've only been taking the Uceris for two days, so I don't know if it's working.
Nuvaring, a birth control, it's giving me side effects
Benzefoam, prescription acne med that I use occasionally. I sometimes swap it for a milder otc product to avoid skin irritation. I still have acne, I don't use it regularly enough, and it doesn't treat the hormonal cause of my acne. (neither does my birth control, apparently)

Right now, I am switching between generic Zyrtec and generic Claritin for my allergies. Zyrtec forces a nap on me, but Claritin doesn't work as well, I balance my need for relief w/ my need to decide which one to take on a given day.