Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Marduk1965
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2019, 4:15 am

Fnord wrote:
Sure ... if one poison relieves you of an addiction to a worse poison, then go for it. It all comes down to the fact that, by definition, there is no 100% safe poison.

Which is why it was invented. This is all we have been trying to say about why we do it.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2019, 5:48 am

This Youtube video from an electronics content provider that I'm
subscribed to dropped into my subscription feed today.
I thought it might be of some interest to the members who are contributing
to this thread.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 10:24 am

Marduk1965 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sure ... if one poison relieves you of an addiction to a worse poison, then go for it. It all comes down to the fact that, by definition, there is no 100% safe poison.
Which is why it was invented. This is all we have been trying to say about why we do it.
But which is the worst poison: a mixture of nicotine, varnish, and insecticide which is addictive, causes cancer, and usually kills from COPD; or a mixture of vitamin E acetate, nicotine, and glycerin, which goes into the lungs and never comes out?

Personally, I'd stay away from both.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Marduk1965

17 Sep 2019, 11:13 am

Fnord wrote:
Marduk1965 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
But which is the worst poison: a mixture of nicotine, varnish, and insecticide which is addictive, causes cancer, and usually kills from COPD; or a mixture of vitamin E acetate, nicotine, and glycerin, which goes into the lungs and never comes out?

Personally, I'd stay away from both.

This has become trolling. Goodbye "F"word.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2019, 11:28 am

Marduk1965 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Marduk1965 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
But which is the worst poison: a mixture of nicotine, varnish, and insecticide which is addictive, causes cancer, and usually kills from COPD; or a mixture of vitamin E acetate, nicotine, and glycerin, which goes into the lungs and never comes out? Personally, I'd stay away from both.
This has become trolling. Goodbye "F"word.
Trolling? How so?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Korol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2020, 1:49 am

I do not agree with Fnord. Now there are nicotine free E-cigarettes more details [url=https:[/url] Many use them and have no dependency. There are also no resins and they almost do not harm the human body. If you adhere the theory that cigarettes, alcohol are harmful to our health, then computers, phones, and Wi-Fi are harmful by their radiation. But why you use a PC and the Internet? For fun? So people use vape and alcohol to have fun and have a good time.

Last edited by B19 on 07 Feb 2020, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.: spammer again

questor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 5:08 am

As long as the ingredients in the e-cigs contain toxic substances, you are still poisoning yourself, and those around you, so please just give up both forms of smoking.

Cigarettes destroyed my mother's health, and she would have lived a lot longer had she never smoked. So I ask again, for your mother's sake, and for your own, please give up any form of smoking.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 1:11 am

Ann2011 wrote:
I smoke a pack a day which doesn't really bother me, but I feel guilty about second hand smoke, especially with my Mom who shares an apartment with me. So I got this e-cigarette. I like it. Instead of smoke, water vapour is released. Mom is happy about it, in fact she bought it for me.

So, my question is: are you less bothered by emissions from e-cigarettes than you are of cigarettes? And why or why not?

Vape emissions are much less harsh than actual cigarette smoke, sure vaping is not the healthiest choice, but it is much better than smoking cigs. I certainly find vape clouds are much less worse than smoke clouds. I am not sure exactly why but certainly seems vape vapor is less irritating than second hand smoke.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 6:58 pm

^lol, actually I do know why because it isn't cancerous smoke so its not as noxious, that said that doesn't mean I want people to blow their vape cloud at me. I know while my boyfriend was still smoking cigarettes but I had quit already(he has to since then) even if he was careful not to blow the smoke at me one cigarette could still stink up the entire apartment even with a fan blowing out of the screen door. The vapor is if anything smells kind of good for a short bit of time before dissipating.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 7:13 pm

Any kind of smoking is a filthy habit - cigarettes more so because smokers like to mark their territory like dogs with their cigarette butts. And as for vaping - yeah, it's real safe to suck on something with a highly explosive lithium battery inside - and it's also another example of how the Chinese are trying to kill us with their tainted products.