Page 321 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324 ... 358  Next

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:42 pm

What is your first name? Krystal

Hobbies and Interests:
babies (they smell soooo good), aliens/UFOs, 50s monster movies and comics, supernatural & conspiracy theories/mysteries, music, reading, fashion, Church of the Subgenius, video games, drawing, coming up with lists of ideas and projects that I hardly ever have the time or gumption to start.

Why are you here? Recently diagnosed with ASD, have a child who is diagnosed as well.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last week... :P

Favorite subjects: Like in school? Gosh, it's been ages. English, art, history.

Year/Grade: Oh goodness! I have a BA and a master's degree... back in school again too for something else.

Favorite music: I'm all over the place. Right now I'm re-listening to Plastic Beach by the Gorillaz a lot, and Aesop Rock's new album... but some of all time favs are The Cramps, Garbage, Bjork, Depeche Mode, Neko Case, The Handsome Family, New Order, Hole, Fiona Apple, Distillers, etc. I listen to everything from Ariana Grande to Beethoven to Type O Negative, idk man just catch me outside, how 'bout that. Yes, I even like country.

Books: I love reading! Kurt Vonnegut is my favorite fiction author (Sirens of Titan is my favorite by him). I mostly read non-fiction on different topics that change (currently it's medical stuff). Right now I'm reading a cyberpunk novel. I used to read poetry more than I do now, but I still enjoy it. I also like art books and children's picture books.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch much tv and it's rare that I watch movies these days, but I basically like anything campy and lowest common denominator (I not-so-secretly love watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette and snark on it with my husband).

Instrument: Not really.

Do you like sports? No.

Family: I'm married with children like that 90s sitcom only I'm not nearly as cool as Peggy Bundy. I have an identical twin too.

Clothing: I'm basically a librarian pastel goth child but almost 30 (which I'll never acknowledge with my clothing choices, grownup clothes are so boring).

How did you find this website?
My therapist told me about it, interestingly enough.

Job: Ugh, I don't even wanna talk about it today. I work at a medical university as a clinic/research/admin assistant.

Plans for the future? Hopefully figure out what I actually want to do with my life, then do that.

Any comments? Currently taking applications for friends, apply within.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

travelerrr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2019, 8:24 pm

Who are you?
Gully Foyle is my name.

Where are you from?
Terra is my nation.

Where are you now?
Deep space is my dwelling place

Where are you bound?
Death's my destination

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 10:54 pm

Name. Best not to say as is rather unique, but I will say that Mountain Goat is not my real name. Not a lot of people know that.
Age. Approximately 47 and a quarter.
Location. Wales (Not all of it. Just this bit).
Hobbies and Interests. Have been told they are special interests... Bicycles and Trains... Model Railways. :)
Why am I here? Ummm. Anyone else know the answer? :lol: :oops: Actually a bit of a long story. Years of trying to find the cause of energy loss. Prayer... Over the last few years I now have remembered seven times on different occasions where it has been suggested I may have asperges. One man was soo convinced I had asperges that I thought something was wrong with him. He said to see my doctor! I laughed it off thinking "There's nothing wrong with me!" ... But I didn't really know anything about it, despite actually dating a beautifully hearted lady who has asperges and her son has autism. I did ask her and she had me take an online test which, due to not knowing what some technical terms are so I answered "No" to them, I ended up with a boarderline score of 32 out of 50 and it said to see a doctor. I ignored it!
I did once watch a program on TV about autism where for some reason I found myself drawn in but still, it was like either I was in a stage of denial, or I still didn't realize what many aspects were about... But something still rang a bell... Thought nothing of it apart from at the back of the mind... But then I decided to look on Youtube about prosoprognosia which I get and one link kept catching my attention so eventually after trying to ignore it I watched it about prosoprognosia. Was "Ask an Autistic". She said many on the spectrum get faceblindness... I then watched many of her films and it dawned on me I that it could be possible what I describe as energy loss could have something to do with being on the spectrum somehow?
Well, it took e two years of attempting to ask my doctor as I kept clamming up. I am waiting for an assessment. :) (Since on rhis site I have had shock after shock as I have found aspects I assumed were my character to be autistic traits...!
Favourits subjects? Daydreaming! Honestly! I love to daydream. I have a very visual inner mind. In school I would regularly be told off for daydreaming, but ofte it was my way of learning. Sometimes it was daydreaming if I didn't latch onto the subject. I was thinking I could get a degree in daydreaming! :lol:
Year/Grade? Does this mean qualifications? Nothing special here. Messed up collage (Note the spelling!) due to being petrified of classmates. Almost jumped through an upstairs classsroom window when the whole class turned against me. I only went through the motions of doing the exams to get out of college. I didn't really mix well so was always a bundle of nurves inside... Used to act thick to try to fit in.
Favourite Music. Oh gosh. Well, after not really listening to her music when it first came out which I can't believe I wasn't paying attention... I have to say I am now a HUGE fan of CYNDI LAUPER!. I may not like every song she sang or agree with her in all her statements in life, but I really like her attitude in life and her voice and music! WOW! And when I saw on Youtube "Change of Heart" with a mix of catchy beat and her powerful voice mixing witn contrasting colours both in the foreground and background... It is inspirational! I also like do wop, especially by unknown bands like the "Angelettes" with their hauntingly fascinating "Mine and Mine Alone". I also like Blondie, Dire Straights, ABBA etc.
Books. Anything to do with model railways or trains... As I have a visual mind and now know I have, I am no longer embarissed to say that I spend more time studying the pictures then reading the text. I tend to major on just a few books which I read again, and again and again.
TV shows/movies.. Last of the Summer Wine, Murder by Death, don't like scary horror like Jumanji etc... Love the 1970's version of "The Railway Children" as it reminds me of when I was young. Also love a film called "Homecoming" (I think that is the name... Is about "Ruthy" and her aunt "Silvie". Her aunt is such a beautiful character and reminds me of a cross between my Mum and my Aunt who is her sister. Sadly I have not spoken to my aunt for a few years as she passed away. I loved my Aunt!
Instrument. Used to play violin but gave it up when they wanted me to go for exams and everything was geared towards me going in an orcestra. I hated the thought of that. I always wanted ro play country music, but when, after many years of lessons I finally realized it was all about passing classical music exams to play in an orcestra I quit. No one told me I could play the music I wanted by myself! It never really occurred to me.
Sports. No, other then competing in mountain bike racing and cycling etc. Had very muscular legs due to cycling so was not much good at running etc.Wrong muscles.
Family. Live with Mum. Dad died. Have 2 brothers. One has lots of children. The other is married.
Clothing. Worn out comfortable clothing... I rip the labels out most clothes. Too scratchy.
How did I find this website? I was looking to find out more about a link to energy loss. Now believe them to be partial shutdowns as one description was soo accurate it is as if I wrote it!
Job. I don't stay in jobs for long. Keep getting partial shutdowns leading to being so burntout and frustrated I eventually quit. Nearly all jobs have revolved around my two hobbies in one form or another. My record for employment is 9 years which I don't know how I did it, though I was suicidal by the time I quit and almost jumped off a train at high speed when I wasn't thinking straight due to lack of sleep. Shifts caught up with me. Currently not working or claiming (Can't face the stress of claiming), though a temporary low hours part time job maybe arranged next week. I tend to work about two months a year part time. Can't really cope with more at the moment.
Future Plans. Relocate. Find some sort of income so I can then find a wife and start a family etc. I am very loving if I find the right young lady!
Any comments? I like trains? I am a traditionalist at heart preferring a simple approach to life. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 10:57 pm

^^^ :wtg:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:18 am

Hope I didn't write too much.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:21 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Hope I didn't write too much.

you wrote the appropriate amount :wtg:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 9:25 am

Thanks.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:58 am

Mountain Goat is not my real name either!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 12:03 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
Mountain Goat is not my real name either!

Haha. Yes. I believe you.

Kategreen
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2019, 10:25 am

Hello my name is Katie and I got insomnia..

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 10:33 am

Hello Katie.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 1:04 pm

Kategreen wrote:

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

travelerrr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2019, 9:55 am

Kategreen wrote:

What kind of an insomnia?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 2:32 pm

Some people with insomnia find difficulty in sleeping.

ElsatheAspie1926
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2019, 4:22 pm

What is your first name? Elsa

Hobbies and Interests: Science, Education, Photography

Why are you here? Looking to get more involved with the community and find people whom I can relate to better.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): January of 2019

Favorite subjects: Science class, math class, English class

Year/Grade: Entering 9th grade

Favorite music: Classical/general instrumental music

Books: Fahrenheit 451, Stories of the Courage to Teach, The Giver

TV shows/Movies: Avatar, Greatest Showman, League of Their Own

Instrument: Clarinet

Do you like sports? Tennis, Equestrian, Skiing

Family: Mother, Father, Labradooodle

Clothing: Fairly conservative, though I occasionally try new styles.

How did you find this website? My family mentioned it to me

Job: Housekeeping occasionally, full-time student

Plans for the future? I hope to attend a state science fair, go to college, and become an elementary school teacher.

Lola8088
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2019, 2:48 am

What is your first name? Sarah

Hobbies and Interests: Learning things, Cooking/Baking, Photography, Art

Why are you here? To make new friends and learn about myself and you.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): July of 2019

Favorite subjects: Science & Math

Year/Grade: Grade OMGI'MOLD

Favourite music: Mostly old music. Everything. 80's new wave and early 90's hip hop.

Books: Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein, Trinity - Leon Uris, Margaret Atwood

TV shows/Movies: Lain - Serial Experiments, documentaries, youtube instructionals

Instrument: Cello, Bass Guitar

Do you like sports? Martial Arts, Dance, no team sports.

Family: Me and my three kids.

Clothing: T-Shirts with the neck cut out, cotton pants. No Tags. Very limited colours.

How did you find this website? It was mentioned in a panel discussion on Aspergers I watched on youtube

Job: Mom

Plans for the future? I hope to maybe paint and get paid for it. And be the coolest grandma in the land. (later, much later)