Page 346 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 358  Next

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2022, 3:02 pm

What is your first name?: Jason

Hobbies and Interests: Chess, Plogging, Political Science , Law, Scrabble ,Etc

Why are you here? To interact with others, especially those on the autistic spectrum

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Officially, roughly seven years ago.

Favorite music: Folk music, Orchestral music, Symphonic Metal , Etc

Books: Divergent, Harry Potter , Michael Vey, The Hunger Games, The Chronicles of Narnia, Case Closed, Etc

TV shows/Movies: V for Vendetta, Mean Girls, The Karate Kid, Frozen, Mary and Max, Colonia, Persepolis, Pan's Labyrinth, The Great Debaters, Iron Sky, The Journey of Natty Gann, Iron Sky, Mission to Moscow, The Motorcycle Diaries, Etc

Instrument: Fipple Flutes

Family: Mother, father, one sister

Clothing: About anything except for polo, or print shirts

How did you find this website?: I read about it in an article, from the New York Times, if I recall correctly

Job: I am currently a survey panelist . : Besides that I do not have a paid job, I am sorry to say.

Plans for the future?: I don't really have any definite plans, as I cannot foresee what all the future may hold. Basically I am just trying to enjoy my life, and get by, as best I can , and as much as circumstance and my conscience will permit.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 5:14 pm

^^welcome to our club, Touretter :flower:

Schwiitzer
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2022, 6:23 pm

name: Jason

Location: northeast Ohio usa. Strongsville (suburb of Cleveland)

Hobbies and Interests: gaming. PC only mostly single player or multiplayer co-op games. I hate pvp or high competition games

Why are you here? Autism

When were you diagnosed? 1st assessment appointment is scheduled in 7 weeks. I have done EXTENSIVE research over the last month and I'm am confident of stage 1 ASD.

Favorite subjects:School subjects are not something I think of much. I'm much more interested in facts that I find interesting more than following a curriculum (usually designed for nuerotipical minds)

Year/Grade: 1997 HS. Tried a few collage classes and failed hard for lots of reasons. Some of them related to my ASD. I wish I had known then.

Favorite music: Acapella . Basically anything I can sing to.

Books: THE WANDERING INN by pirate Abba. This is an absolutely huge web novel. 9million words and counting. Not for the casual reader but if you like indie authors that tell an awesome story without all the predictable BS that publishers require this is awesome. If you get hung up on grammar and spelling this one might not be for you .also it's low anxiety which is important for me.

TV shows/Movies: haven't been able to sit and watch a full episode or movie of anything for going on 3 years. Last thing was I binge watched star trek voyager.

Instrument: My voice. Classical and Church songs, for example I'm familiar with and can perform most of Handle's Messiah

Do you like sports? Swimming in high school but nothing else

Family: married 19 years in August. 4 kids, oldest is away at College next one is graduating. 5 years till they are all gone. Hopefully.

Clothing:I hate clothing but I get in trouble when I go out in my preferred clothing, the police get involved. I don't like the feel of cotton shirts.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Mortgage Field Inspections. self employed/ 1099 contractor. Great job if you don't like small talk. Does take some self organization but my wife takes care of most of the paperwork.

Plans for the future? Keep learning about ASD and what that means for me. Other than that it's one day at a time.

Any comments? I'm really hoping to find contact with people that might be more like me. I only started to consider ASD about a month ago. Iv been having issues a long time, learning disabilities in school, cant make friends, problems communicating with my nuerotipical wife. Recently, depression, anxiety, therapy. Things were really bad for a while and it was hard to just keep going. Things are better now and when I started learning about ASD and looking at my life with an autism lens things started to make sense. I'm learning that maybe I'm not broken. I feel like the ugly duckling that finally sees what a swan is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2022, 9:39 pm

^^^welcome to our club Herr Schwiitzer :alien: i hope you are still able to be swimmingly fit these days.

lovelyanathema
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2022, 11:29 pm

What is your first name? Lovely

Hobbies and Interests: Art, singing, gaming, reading

Why are you here? forums are fun

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last year

Favorite subjects: Film, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, bats, Paris, fashion, ballet

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:System of a Down, Twenty One Pilots, and lot of others

Books: Les Miserables, Stephen King

TV shows/Movies: Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, I am Legend, It, Black Swan, Lilo and Stitch, Birds of Paradise

Instrument: Cello (I can't play though I just really like it) I only sing

Do you like sports? NO

Family: I care about them but I don't love them. Not sure what this is asking.

Clothing: bubblegum goth

How did you find this website? searching for autism forums

Job:

Plans for the future? Die

Any comments?

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 12:52 am

I never got around to this when I first joined, so I am playing catch-up.

What is your first name?: Munstead

Hobbies and Interests: board games (playing but mainly creating), cycling, radio 4 comedy, audiobooks, volunteering at a youth club for autistic children, heath and fitness, certain gardening activities, video games.

Why are you here?: Looking to meet other people like me, and a fun distraction during the day when I need a break.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2021

Favorite subjects: Economics and Maths

Year/Grade: BA, MA (Cantab), MSc

Favorite music: Varied.

Books: I use audioboojs these days as my eyes are too tired from screen time (work). Love Frank Herbert stuff, but right now I am really into the LitRPG genre. He who fights with monsters is great.

TV shows/Movies: Currently watching The Mentalist.

Instrument: I played the clarinet and looking time ago.

Do you like sports?: Yes! NFL and cycling.

Family: yes.

How did you find this website?: Google

Job: yes.

Plans for the future?: ask for a work adjustment, maybe cut back my hours, focus on my own wellbeing after years of neglect and sacrificing myself for others. Get more balance. Try mindfulness. Get back into yoga, get back on the bike. Come to terms with my autism. Maybe become an advocate. Finish off the board game I invented. Hopefully help some of the kids I work with achieve something they otherwise wouldn't have eg gain a skill, improve their confidence, go to university, get a job etc.

Oliver14
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2022, 5:21 pm

first name: Honor

Hobbies and Interests: I am a voracious reader and writer :)

Why are you here: I am here to meet people like me.

When were you diagnosed: February of 2022, don't know which day.

Favorite subjects: English, Anthropology, and Psychology

Year/Grade: Freshman

Favorite music: I enjoy cello, and the indigo girls. Generally I prefer music free of human voices but the indigo girls are an exception.

Books: I have read every Harry Potter book 28 times, however that phase of my life is over. I just finished reading NeuroTribes and I recommend it to anyone interested in the history of autism. It is morbid, fascinating, and at times a hopeful read. My favorite poet is Mary Oliver. (Anyone also interested in her I would love to talk LOL). My favorite book is probably Upstream by Mary Oliver, which is one of her few prose publications. I have recently been on a Neuro Diversity kick if anyone has any autism related book recommendations, Id love to hear them.

Instrument: I have played the cello for 8 years

Do you like sports: No

Family: I live with my Mom and twin sister.

Clothing: I prefer practical clothing.

How did you find this website: Steve Silberman mentioned it in his book NeuroTribes. (It was founded by two teenagers)

Job: Student

Plans for the future: I hope to make a living as a writer one day.

Kotomi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2022, 4:05 pm

What is your first name?
I wish to remain anonymous.

Hobbies and Interests:
Writing, reading, video games, board games, running, walking, cycling, drawing and playing the piano.

Why are you here?
To meet like-minded people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:
When I was at school, English, Mathematics, Philosophy and Religious Studies. I also love History, Geography, Psychology and Science, but didn't enjoy the curriculum on offer.

Year/Grade:
N/A

Favorite music:
I enjoy a wide range. My favourite music is from Final Fantasy the video game series. My favourite bands include Nickelback, Against the Current, Metric and Daughtry.

Books:
I mostly read fantasy. My favourite authors are Brandon Sanderson and Robin Hobb. I also love the Harry Potter series and the manga series Fushigi Yugi.

TV shows/Movies:
Movies: My longtime favourites are Lord of the Rings, Howl's Moving Castle, House of Flying Daggers, Beauty and the Beast and Whisper of the Heart.

TV shows: My favourites are Black Sails, This Is Us and Moomin (the 90s version). I also enjoy animes such as Clannad.

Instrument:
Piano

Do you like sports?
I enjoy running, cycling, walking and skiing - but I'm not sure they strictly count as "sports."

Video games:
Final Fantasy, Zelda and Spyro.

How did you find this website?
It was recommended in a post diagnostic pack for autism.

Plans for the future?
One day, I would love to own a dog so I have a companion on long walks. However, I work 10 hours a day, so this will need to wait until I retire. I also intend to own cats continuously - I have 3 currently.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 1:30 am

Welcome to WP!

Kotomi - I just sent a PM about Robin Hobb, who is one of my favourite authors. I once exchanged a few emails with her in c 2002 about becoming a writer. I still have them today, they are a treasure.

Elchulus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2022, 1:10 pm

What is your first name? Jason

Hobbies and Interests: Working on my car (mostly upgrades), retro gaming & restoring old crt televisions, thrifting old electronics, Vindictus mmo, hiking.

Why are you here? I’m diagnosed with ASD (PDD-NOS). I’d like to meet people like me, and learn about social skills.

When were you diagnosed? Not exactly sure, but late teens 2002-2006

Favorite subjects: History and Science

Year/Grade: Graduated High School and took some IT classes.

Favorite music: Metal

Books: Non-fiction

TV shows/Movies: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, It’ s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office, Workaholics, The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu, Ironclad, Arn: The Knight Templar, History Channel documentaries.

Do you like sports? I like watching extreme sports and I used to skateboard. No organized sports.

Family: I live with my mom and brother. I have three sisters.

Clothing: Blank clothes with no logos and skate shoes.

How did you find this website? Searched for online autistic communities.

Job: Overnight stocker at grocery store

Plans for the future? Independent living

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 6:04 pm

^^welcome to our club, Elchulus :flower:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2022, 6:13 pm

Elchulus wrote:
What is your first name? Jason

Hobbies and Interests: Working on my car (mostly upgrades), retro gaming & restoring old crt televisions, thrifting old electronics, Vindictus mmo, hiking.

Why are you here? I’m diagnosed with ASD (PDD-NOS). I’d like to meet people like me, and learn about social skills.

When were you diagnosed? Not exactly sure, but late teens 2002-2006

Favorite subjects: History and Science

Year/Grade: Graduated High School and took some IT classes.

Favorite music: Metal

Books: Non-fiction

TV shows/Movies: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, It’ s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office, Workaholics, The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu, Ironclad, Arn: The Knight Templar, History Channel documentaries.

Do you like sports? I like watching extreme sports and I used to skateboard. No organized sports.

Family: I live with my mom and brother. I have three sisters.

Clothing: Blank clothes with no logos and skate shoes.

How did you find this website? Searched for online autistic communities.

Job: Overnight stocker at grocery store

Plans for the future? Independent living

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

MindEngine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2022, 12:09 pm

What is your first name? Fabrizio

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, raising fish, strategy games. Once I had some passion for photography but not anymore.

Why are you here? I come to the realization that maybe I could have been Asperger all my life and never recognized before.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I’ve been diagnosed in bipolar spectrum disorder. Although this diagnosis might be correct I think it never spotted the full issue.

Favorite subjects: Science, technology although I have studied humanities for many years of my life with good results although I could never care less about ‘stories’.

Year/Grade: Master Degree

Favorite music: I have passionate of alternative rock all of my life, especially grunge which I used to play. Best band of genre: Pearl Jam (imho). Recently I’m opening up to electronic rock music.

Books: Sci-fi novels (Dune, Asimov, Clarke), many not-fictional books in the realm of science and technology other than engineering books I read due to my profession.

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek maybe, but I like many

Instrument: Electric bass and a bit (very little) guitar.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Recently my interests in some sports has increased from average, but considering that my life-time average is 0 interest in sports  I guess isn’t such a progress.

Family: My mother and one sister.

Clothing: Mostly casual. Don’t give much attention to cloths in general. I think I would wrap up in garbage sacks if I find them in my wardrobe.

How did you find this website? While doing a lot of personal research on adult ASD.

Job: I’m a quality engineer working in the Oil&Gas.

Plans for the future? Knowing more about ASD and working out on the mess this condition put in anyone’s life.

Any comments? I would like to meet other people with the condition. Hope this site will be a useful platform for that.

Timeflyer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2022, 1:44 pm

Hi, I Timeflyer,

Location--Florida, U.S.

Family--husband, daughter

Hobbies--reading, women's rights, history, gardening.

Why I'm here--I have a 28 year old daughter with Asperger's. She was almost diagnosed at 4 years, but not definitively until she was 14. I'm probably on the spectrum myself.

Job--Public librarian. Retired when daughter was 4.

Current obsession--researching cities/towns on west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) with semi-affordable housing, great public transportation, higher ed. and YOUNG people so my daughter can meet a wide range of people close to her age and interests, and her Dad and I can help her become independent. Florida is not that place.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 9:56 pm

^^^welcome to our club, MindEngine :study:

MindEngine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Apr 2022, 8:09 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^welcome to our club, MindEngine :study:

Thank you auntblabby