Page 316 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319 ... 358  Next

Still_Trying
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2018, 11:50 am

Hello,

What is your first name? I won't tell

Hobbies and Interests: Cinema, Animals, Nature, Psychology, Other

Why are you here? Trying to find clues as to how to make some friends or entertain relationships with other people on the spectrum. I think it might be easier but it's not been my experience so far on various autism-related discord servers. I keep trying though and maybe it'll be different on a forum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): A few months ago. I've had various wrong diagnosis in the past though, including school phobia, social phobia, strong social anxiety, trauma, schizophrenia, and others I'm sure I forget. But now finally on the right path to better understand myself, so here I am.

Favorite subjects: I don't usually talk to anyone so I'm not sure about this one. I guess I enjoy talks about cinema, TV shows, autism, psychology/psychiatry (I hate psychoanalysis and am really saddened by it still having an influence in psychology and psychiatry cursi here in France).

Year/Grade: I'm not sure what answer is expected here but I never graduated if that's the question. I have this strange dream to validate a high school diploma equivalent and go to college but right now that's not doable for me.

Favorite music: Classical, Rock, Metal, mostly, but a lot of other stuff also in smaller quantities.

Books: I don't read anymore but when I did, I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books, the LotR books and Stephen King's The Dark Tower saga. I have read a lot of other stuff but not too memorable from the top of my head. Those past 10 or so years I haven't read nearly as much and mostly "practical" stuff.

TV shows: GoT, Stranger Things, The Terror, Breaking Bad, Westworld, Wayward Pines 1st season, Star Trek Discovery, Attack on Titans...
Movies: Too many to note but I really like anything by Denis Villeneuve and Christopher Nolan, among a lot of other films.

Instrument: No. I wish I knew piano though but I'll probably never have the patience to learn now that I'm all grown up.

Do you like sports? I don't like watching sports except Tennis which I really enjoy. I'm lucky enough to live in France where one of the 4 major Tennis tournament takes place each year so I can watch it on TV. I used to do a lot of different sports when I was younger, mainly soccer, judo, a bit of aïkido, some table tennis, a lot of very amateur cycling, some jogging, some archery, and tons of walking, but I don't really go out anymore and I feel too damaged emotionally and too depressed to get back into any of it for now. I also always quite enjoyed martial arts and combat sports like boxing in general.

Family: Both parents and an older sister, no children. A dog which I consider my best friend.

Clothing: Whatever is comfortable when I don't have to go out and meet people, which is pretty much my daily life. I hate "tight" clothes like jeans etc, I can't wear some fabrics that feel aggressive on my skin, etc.

How did you find this website? Googled "autism friendship".

Job: None.

Plans for the future? Hopefully get better and manage to connect with people here first, and in real life later.

Any comments? I hope someone would come and say hi.

Last edited by Still_Trying on 30 Aug 2018, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KrakenAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2018, 12:07 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Electronics, Cryptography, HAM Radio, Jeep, SCUBA Diving

Why are you here? New diagnose, looking to share with people with same issues

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): June 2018

Favorite subjects: Electronics, Cryptography, HAM Radio, Jeep, SCUBA Diving

Year/Grade: Some College

Favorite music: Baroque

Books: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

TV shows/Movies: X-Files, TED Talks

Instrument:n/a

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Wife and 1 kid

Clothing: T-Shirt and Jeans

How did you find this website? Googled it

Job: IT Contractor

Plans for the future? n/a

Any comments? n/a

eepstein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2018, 8:02 pm

What is your first name? Elihana

Hobbies and Interests: I love to write and make all sorts of art, even if im not all too good at it. I am working on building skills in web design.

Why are you here? I love reading all the forms, and i would ultimately love to make friends here

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Have not been, but am almost 100% certain I have ASD.

Favorite subjects: I like science and computer stuff I guess. I kinda just generally love to learn about stuff. Not really into a classroom setting, I learn better when I teach myself stuff.

Year/Grade: I graduated in 2017 from high school. I am planning on going to college for graphic and web design but have not started. Sorting out some things in my life before that step.

Favorite music: I seriously love all genres of music, but just prefer particular songs or artists within those genres. That being said im not really into allot of pop, or electronic music, and I guess country really isnt my thing.

Books: I just kinda constantly read?? whether its like literal textbooks to random novels found in the library. I just read what sounds interesting, no particular pattern there.

TV shows/Movies: My favorite tv shows are it's always sunny in philly (thats like my favorite) and bobs burgers. Movie wise, I love allot of movies.

Instrument: My favorite instruments are piano and cello, but i just play piano. Wish I played the cello.

Do you like sports? not at all actually haha

Family: Confused about the question? I have a brother, and my parents who im close to. thats kinda it i guess, without getting into too much lol

Clothing: I literally wear whatever i have that is comfortable. I am seriously not comfortable without a hoodie. Ill wear one in like the middle of summer.

How did you find this website? I honestly dont remember ive been trying to find more info about ASD, but by people with ASD not like parents and doctors. So ive been hanging on here and some other sites. But i really love wrong planet. im reading forms on here like all day.

Job: Right not i deliver food kinda. I work for postmates. but im horrible at it and my girlfriend goes with me like every time. working on my independence and making my own money. Its tough right now.

Plans for the future? My basic goals in life are to live in the woods in a tiny house and grow my own food and just not have to deal with anyone.

Any comments? just gonna say that i really love it on here. and i hope i meet some people on wrong planet!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 10:09 am

First Name: Grayson

Location: Currently Florida (will be moving back to Georgia soon)

Hobbies and Interests: Watching TV, playing video games, shopping, and making things using my creativity.

Why are you here? Because I have Aspergers Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder.

When were you diagnosed? Aspergers when I was 8 and Bipolar Disorder when I was 26

Favorite subjects: Art, Literature, and History.

Year/Grade: Graduated High School in 2009

Favorite music: Anything besides Rap and Country (I even like some ragtime)

Books: My favorite books are The Young Royals series.

TV shows/Movies: Favorite shows are The Golden Girls and Courage the Cowardly Dog and favorite movies are Night of the Living Dead, Carrie, Sweeney Todd, Bride of Chucky, The Craft, Addams Family Values, and Scary Movie.

Instrument: Cant think of any.

Do you like sports? Nope.

Family: I have a mom and two younger brothers and one sister who is the youngest. Also many cats and dogs.

Clothing: I always dress for comfort and mostly run around in a Tshirt, shorts, and sandals. Sometimes I will wear a Hawaiian shirt if I want to look nicer.

How did you find this website? A therapist suggested it to me.

Job: I get disability.

Plans for the future? I want to one day become completely independent.

Any comments? :D

faelwen
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2018, 8:06 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Crafting, photography, books, movies,

Why are you here? To find common experiences and share my point of view

Favorite subjects: I loved english in school, and media subjects

Favorite music: I can't pick a favorite anything to be honest.

Books: The ones with words.

TV shows/Movies: Ughh, I don't know, a lot of them!

Instrument: I'm a singer and I played the piano for about 2 minutes as a child.

Do you like sports? I did martial arts for a while, and I like that. I also enjoy swimming.

Family: I have a husband and two kids.

Clothing: Comfortable and cute.

How did you find this website? Quora? I think..

Job: Teacher

Plans for the future? Figuring my self out!

Any comments?

Doc206
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2018, 6:33 am

What is your first name? Ellis (actually it's my middle name but it'll do the job)

Hobbies and Interests: reading, playing video games, medicine, learning new languages, weapons (especially medieval ones like swords and bows)

Why are you here? For advice and to talk to other people about similar experiences.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm not sure

Favorite subjects: English, natural sciences.

Year/Grade: 9th

Favourite music: Mozart, Beethoven, AC/DC, Nickelback.... mostly classical music and 80's classic rock

Books: Mostly fantasy and thriller, but also Medical literature. The Hunger Games Trilogy, Inkheart, Catch me, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc....

TV shows/Movies: Grey's Anatomy, Game of Thrones, The 100, The Good Doctor, Supernatural, Sherlock BBC, Harry Potter, Back to the Future, Horror movies....

Instrument: I don't play any instruments, but I'd love to learn how to play the piano and violin.

Do you like sports? I love climbing and I want to start a martial art in a few years. Also, I like baseball but I don't play myself.

Family: I'm not close to my family, but I have a dog and two rats.

Clothing: Very close to Dean Winchester's (spn) style.

How did you find this website? It was on a Wikipedia list of internet forums.

Job: unemployed

Plans for the future? When I graduated from school I want to move to England and go to med school, become a surgeon.

Any comments? :alien:

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 7:09 am

What is your first name? Emmet

Age: Chronological, or developmental? (Chronological: 59).

Location: Southern Appalachia; just east of Smackass Gap, and a few miles north of Bugtussle. No; I'm not making this up.

Hobbies and Interests: Zen, Chanoyu, Shinrin yoku, Tai Chi, wildflowers, birds, massage.

Why are you here? Unsure; perhaps to assuage the isolation of living 2 hours away from anywhere in a blindingly lily-white and overwhelmingly Christian veritable thicket of Confederate flags where people routinely wear sidearms to the hardware store or coffee shop.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): That rather depends upon which Dx we're talking about, I have lots; ASD, LD/ADD, MDD, GAD, PTSD, FND, and a partridge in a f*****g pear tree (ASD; last year).

Favorite subjects: History, life sciences, religion, philosophy, art, psychology, emergency medicine, firefighting, rescue.

Year/Grade: Uni; '89 cum laude (a high school dropout, I got a late start)

Favorite music: Folk, Irish trad, Scottish trad, sea shanties, what young folk call "classic Rock", silence. Lots of silence.

Books: Yes.

TV shows/Movies: No. (LOTR, Master & Commander, and Avatar were pretty cool, though)

Instrument: Great highland bagpipes. Smallpipes.

Do you like sports? No. Not at all.

Family: Mated to my life partner (a human female).

Clothing: Preferably none; only if I'm cold (prefer bright colors and tie dyes, and things that are tactilely comforting, soft and fuzzy). I like ceremonial robes and kilts.

How did you find this website? Don't recall. Probably Google when I got diagnosed.

Job: None any more; disabled. Used to be a firefighter/paramedic.

Plans for the future? To be the very best mate that I can be for my Beloved.

Any comments?

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 11:19 am

@ Doc206: My cat is called Mister Ellis.

Prudolph
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Oct 2018, 10:53 am

What is your first name?

Daniel

Hobbies and Interests: Bass guitarist, play video games, write poetry/songs/stories, like watching sports

Why are you here? Because I'm on the website.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 1998 (I was 5)

Favourite subjects: History and Physics

Year/Grade: I left full time education when I was 20 (early 2014), dropped out of university

Favourite music: Heavy metal, punk and rock. I also appreciate classical, jazz, folk and progressive.

Books: History books (primarily around the political machinations of medieval Europe). I do like A Song of Ice and Fire and The Witcher series, as these are also based off Medieval European politics as well.

TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Alien, The Walking Dead (up to season 6), Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Batman, Marvel etc.

Instrument: I play the bass guitar. Also played cello in my school orchestra, and can play keyboard. Always wanted to play drums, though.

Do you like sports? I like watching sports (football (soccer), cricket, F1, tennis, boxing, rugby league). Never been good at participating in sports, though.

Family: I have family.

Clothing: I wear clothes.

How did you find this website? I used Google to find the answer to a question, one of the links led me to here.

Job: None, at the moment.

Plans for the future? To get a job and hopefully move forward in my life.

Any comments? Yes

AQ-49 of 50
EQ-7 of 60
RDOS:
Neurodiverse (Aspie) score is 183 of 200.
Neurotypical (Non-autistic) score is 31 of 200

INTJ-T Personality type

Ulysses31_noonan
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Oct 2018, 3:14 am

What is your first name? Antony

Hobbies and Interests: film, games, hiking and expanding the mind through looking form discussion on you tube.

Why are you here? It's better than out there

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): may 2018, missed as a child (labelled as the naughty distraction in school) but always felt different

Favorite subjects: Ancient civilizations, science and religion (Not religious), Japan

Favorite music: Listen to all genres

Books: Dune, Lots, the girl with series,

TV shows/Movies: loads of anime, walking dead, Got, it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Instrument: guitar, bass, harmonica, bit of keyboard.

Do you like sports? I can go without ever watching any and my life wouldn't change

Family: older brother, half sister

Clothing: getting a little tighter with age

How did you find this website? Answer searching

Job: Medical Laboratory assistant (8yrs)

Plans for the future? Going to Japan for 4 weeks in March 2019

Any comments? Life's hard I need to see a shrink.

RAADS-R scores
Total 171 language 10 social relatedness 101.5 sensory 32.5 interests 27. AQ Score 39.

cb934586
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2018, 4:10 pm

What is your first name? wont tell

Why are you here? I feel lonely and misunderstood

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2017

TV shows/Movies: Elementary, Documentaries, Big Bang Theory

Instrument: violin

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I do not like sports.

Clothing: Casual I do not like to shop for clothes.
Job: I am on disability and do dog walking.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 4:57 pm

What is your first name? Isabella

Location: In a book which was likely written 170 years ago, or in the midst of my vinyl record collection

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Research, Literary Criticism, Poetry, Knitting, antiquing, art,
Music (1950s -->> Indie Rock)

Why are you here? I'm virtually mute in real life. It's nice to connect with people without talking aloud.

When were you diagnosed? Complex Trauma Disorder (2009), Embolic Stroke (2015), Autism Level 2 (April, 2018)

Favourite subjects: British Literature, Gothic Literature, Romantic Era Poetry, Music

Year/Grade: University Graduate (1990 and 1992)

Favourite Music: Simon and Garfunkel, Elton John, Beatles, George Harrison, Queen, The Doors, OZZY,
Arctic Monkeys, Fleet Foxes.

Books: Wuthering Heights, Villette, Jane Eyre, Middlemarch, The Mill on the Floss, Jude the Obscure,
Great Expectations

TV shows/Movies: Six Feet Under, Ally McBeal, Grey's Anatomy, E.R., Dead Poets' Society, It's A Wonderful Life

Instrument: I don't play anything, but I have an entire recording studio with multiple instruments in my house :heart:

Do you like sports? I watch Olympics (skating, swimming, diving, running). I don't play or watch team sports.

Family: Mother (NT) and older brother, likely on the spectrum. My late father and his dad were almost certainly ASD.

Clothing: I wear pretty clothes, but they must be comfortable. No wool.

How did you find this website? I actually don't remember. It was likely random luck.

Job: I have a professional degree but I'm not working because of PTSD / Stroke / ASD

Plans for the future? To read more books, to conduct literary research, to renovate my bedroom and to be happy.

Any comments? Thanks to everyone I've met in the past year! (This is almost my anniversary on WP!) :heart: :heart: :heart:

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 12:38 pm

My brother is much better, thank you, Isabella. It was only a mild stroke.

My avatar has recorded a song with your name in it!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 12:39 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
My brother is much better, thank you, Isabella. It was only a mild stroke.

My avatar has recorded a song with your name in it!

I'm glad your brother is better!
Who is your avatar? I can't tell!

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 4:56 pm

He is Swedish rock musician Tomas Ledin, Isabella, my celebrity crush since 1980. One of his biggest hits was 'Sensuella Isabella'.

He is also a qualified Qigong teacher and the son of a retired (and still alive at 92) headmaster.

Boo_rii_sah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2018, 3:12 am

the_enigma wrote:
This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

Quote:
What is your first name? Call me Riri

Hobbies and Interests: makeup, music, working out, reading, memes

Why are you here? To meet people I guess

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): getting diagnosed for Asperger's/autistic spectrum in a few weeks because there's a very high chance I have it

Favorite subjects: English, Philosophy

Year/Grade: College freshman

Favorite music: Imagine Dragons, NF, Juanes, Lorde

Books: Stellar Transformation

TV shows/Movies: Skin Wars

Instrument: piano

Do you like sports? yes

Family: mom, dad, brother, sister

Clothing: basic insta hoe

How did you find this website? My parents

Job: waitress

Plans for the future? English teacher

Any comments? Don't hmu if you're like 10 years older or something, I want to talk to people my age