Page 352 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355 ... 358  Next

SimianLibrarian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2022, 2:17 pm

What is your first name? Zach (m/gender nonconforming)

Hobbies and Interests: Anime/Manga (all sorts), video games, literature (speculative/sci-fi/fantasy), history (social/economic/political/intellectual), political philosophy

Why are you here? Coming out from under trauma and self-isolation, I want to find and form a small number of real friendships (online is fine, I like to VC) filled with open and thoughtful communication :heart:

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I am in the process of getting my diagnosis now

Favorite subjects: History, Philosophy

Favorite music: Wide range depending on mood - Classical, Jazz, Punk Rock, and Rap all appeal, as does Ska (sorry not sorry) and genre fusions of many kinds.

TV shows/Movies: Mostly Anime (some favorites include One Piece, FMA: Brotherhood, and Toradora! but I like a very wide variety). Not a big movie guy by contrast, but I *do* love video games.

Do you like sports? I recognize their value, but they've never much interested me, and I've always been dreadful at physical activities generally.

Family: My parents are both well, and my beloved little sister who just got married! : )

How did you find this website? Found on a directory site for autism resources - don't recall which one

Job: Accountant

Plans for the future? Kind of at an inflection point now - I've felt too disconnected from the world after losing my partner to insanity and suicide about 8 years ago, and have finally reached a point where I feel I understand myself well enough and am emotionally ready to take the step of trying to forge new friendships and to expand slightly my small world.

Any comments? If you'd be interested in chatting 1-on-1, please hit me up via PM and we can share Discord information. I don't expect everyone I meet with to like me, but I am a lonely human and want to share my thoughts and feelings with another, and share in others' in turn. Such a simple thing, but so hard to find, sometimes.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 2:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet SimianLibrarian... hope you find this to be a acceptable place to visit .
Huge variety of inhabitants here ... So sorry on your Loss ..! Perhaps you can find some interesting Forums/ threads
here to visit / participate in . :)

where ever you go ,there you are

mokey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2023, 11:23 pm

What is your first name: mokey

Hobbies and Interests: art, cat girls, neuroscience, tetris, reading studies about autism and psychology, cats, playing dress up, robert sapolsky, human history and future

Why are you here: unable to maintain friendships and i am severely lacking in any kind of socialization. need to communicate people and so i dont retreat into my head

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): at 18

Favorite subjects: math. neuroscience, art, history, psychology, philosophy

Favorite music: they might be giants, yameii online, marina, regina spektor, glass animals, harley poe

Books: i like non fiction

TV shows/Movies: fraggle rock, always sunny, fantastic mr fox, bobs burgers, idk i dont watch tv much

Instrument: i like flutes, harmonicas, saxophones, accordions, and banjo. i dont play any.

Do you like sports? no

Family: i am still trying to understand the concept of family.

Clothing: i like to wear red. cute hats, cat ears, gloves, dress like a cartoon character. maybe a wizard or a clown.

How did you find this website? i cant remember.

Job: looking for new job in data entry

Plans for the future? go to school, get into research, learn things about humans the rest of my life.

Any comments? i hope i can find some sense of self here. lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 6:05 am

welcome to our club, Mokey :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 4:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet Mokey...hope you enjoy your visits..... :D

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 4:59 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Cooking, will add more as I think of more ^^

Why are you here? Because I have been living with aspergers/autism since an early age

When were you diagnosed? Unofficially by my psychologist parents around ages 2-4, sometime in the early 2000's

Favorite subjects: English and History, I guess? :o I'm almost done getting my GED now, tho! :D

Year/Grade: I'm currently working to get my GED, and have passed all subjects but math

Favorite music: Varies :)

Books: Varies :)

TV shows/Movies: Whatever I like, but Spongebob's a longtime favorite of mine, tho ^^

Instrument: Guitar and Piano Keyboard

Do you like sports? No

Family: My parents, Grandma and big sister

Clothing: Whatever I have on hand, basically :o :)

How did you find this website? Through my parents' reccomendation and also from the book NeuroTribes by Steve Silberman

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Training to be either a Chef or Musician, whichever one works out better

Any comments? I'm good for now, thanks ^^

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 7:07 pm

Welcome .. Oh Bravefig ..... good to see you found this site . Hope you enjoy your wanderings through the
various threads and forums . If you haven't already please feel free to express yourself :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:30 pm

BraveFig can be a musical chef :dj: :chef:

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 10:29 pm

Haha, great idea, auntblabby!! :lol: :P And thank you, too, Jakki, there's sure a lot to explore here!! :D :o :)

TheEbonyEwe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2023, 7:44 pm

What is your first name? Lena
Hobbies and Interests: video games, sci-fi/fantasy, writing, sewing, playing piano/guitar, movies, gardening, bass fishing and travel.
Why are you here? A poster from another forum told me about it. Said I might enjoy this one better since it is for people on the spectrum.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 41 and later on received another diagnosis at 46 that confirmed it. Have a touch of depression and anxiety because of it.
Favorite subjects: English and Science
Favorite music: I like a mix of stuff: mostly dub-step, edm & dance, but also classic rock and other oldies.
Books: Not reading anything at the moment.
TV shows/Movies: 1923, waiting for Picard season 3 to start soon, Re-watching Stranger Things itm.
Instrument: piano, synthesizers, guitar, dulcimer, electric bass
Do you like sports? Used to love playing sports, but that ship has sailed. Don't care to watch.
Family: Husband, daughter
Clothing: Jeans and a T-shirt
How did you find this website? Referred by a poster from another site.
Job: Retired aircraft mechanic, USAF
Plans for the future? Pay some bills off. Lose a few pounds. Learn about hydroponics.
Any comments? Howdy, y'all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm

^^^welcome fellow vet :)

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2023, 11:59 pm

Just a quick edit to my previous post!! :mrgreen:

What is your first name? Ian, for now! :D :)

Why are you here? Because I have been living with aspergers/autism since an early age

When were you diagnosed? Unofficially by my psychologist parents around ages 2-4, sometime in the early 2000's

Favorite subjects: English and History, I guess? :o I'm almost done getting my GED now, tho! :D

Year/Grade: I'm currently working to get my GED, and have passed all subjects but math

TV shows/Movies: Whatever I like, but Spongebob's a longtime favorite of mine, tho ^^

Do you like sports? No

How did you find this website? Through my parents' reccomendation and also from the book NeuroTribes by Steve Silberman

Plans for the future? Training to be either a Chef or Musician, whichever one works out better

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 6:20 pm

Hi Lena , Welcome to WP , hope you might find this site might alittle uplifting ? Perhaps alleviating any anxiety you may have developed after your dx ( diagnoses)..... :D

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 8:30 pm

BraveFig wrote:

Do you like sports? No

Welcome Ian to WrongPlanet from a fellow Ian himself. :D

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2023, 2:25 am

superboyian wrote:
BraveFig wrote:

Do you like sports? No

Welcome Ian to WrongPlanet from a fellow Ian himself. :D
Heeyy, a fellow Ian!! Nice to meet you, too!! :D :) Hey, is that London in England you mean?? :o There's a much smaller London here in Canada, too, so I still sometimes get mixed up between the two, hehehe!! :lol: :P

Hambil
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2023, 10:07 pm

What is your first name? Mark, but I go by Hambil

Hobbies and Interests: 3d modeling, VFX, Motion Graphics, Film making, animation, computer programming, cosmology, autism, giftedness, and more

Why are you here? To learn more about myself and how to become a better mentor.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Autism, giftedness, alexithymia - still working on an official diagnosis. Previously misdiagnosed with many things.

Favorite subjects: cosmology, astrophysics, AI, autism, the sigularity, autism support and many more

Year/Grade: Graduated long ago. But I am mostly self taught with a long career as a computer programmer.

Favorite music: Anything pre-90s

Books: I read mostly reference manuals.

TV shows/Movies: The MCU, Avatar, Star Wars, anything with top quality special effects

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? No

Family: 2 brothers and a sister, parents deceased, married with no kids

Clothing: is casual slob a style?

How did you find this website? ChatGPT

Job: Currently disabled, but studying to be a 3d artist

Plans for the future? Make a career in 3d art and mentor young autistic/gifted adults.

Any comments? The seems like the right place to start, or a safe place. Hello all.