Page 351 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354 ... 358  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2022, 5:57 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet , hus And Mike, hope you find people that might have common thought processes.
Or just entertaining / interesting reading . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

RenegadeWanderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2022, 7:05 pm

What is your first name? Ryan

Hobbies and Interests: Video Games, Photography, Programming, Technology, Nature, Space, Bicycling

Why are you here? I have autism (PDD-NOS) and want to learn more about myself as well as others who are diagnosed. Plus I wanted to find a community where I don't feel alienated.

When were you diagnosed?: When I was around 1 or 2 years old according to my Mom. I found out about my diagnoses from her in 6th grade.

Favorite subjects: Computer related subjects

Year/Grade: Graduated High School in 2010. Currently a returning community college student.

Favorite music: Kind of depends on what I feel like listening to

Books: Harry Potter, Douglas Adam's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series

TV shows/Movies:

TV Shows: Xavier Renegade Angel, Rick and Morty, and some other Adult Swim shows, Gravity Falls, Cosmos(Both Carl Sagan and Neil Degrasse Tyson) A lot of Cartoon Network Shows from 1999-2006 As well as most Nickoldean shows from the 90s to early 2000s.

Movies: The Matrix Trilogy(Except for Resurrections), Alien and Aliens, Terminator 1 and 2, a lot of the Marvel movies as well as some of the DC movies(Mostly the animated films). There's some others, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

Instrument: Played trumpet back in school, but I haven't played much of anything lately. Might get back into music someday.

Do you like sports? I played soccer during my High School years, I enjoy walking/hiking around different forests, and parks. Other than that, I'm not really much of a sports person.
Family: Mom, Dad, a brother and 3 cats

Clothing: I wear whatever I feel like wearing unless I have to dress nice for an event. The only favorite clothing brands I like is Liquid Blue who make some amazing Tie-Dye shirts, and Black Lantern for their nature themed clothing. Other than that, I'm not much of a fashion enthusiast.

How did you find this website? Stumbled upon it on Google a few years ago and have lurked on it once in a while since. Hopefully I can spend more time on this website now.

Job: Currently on work leave trying to find a different job position. It's a complicated story.

Plans for the future? Find a software development job or at least something in the IT industry and move out of my hometown for a fresh new start

Any comments?
Always happy to know that there are havens for people like us.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 8:01 pm

Hobbies & Interests: Space, Oceans, Writing, Movies, Nature, anything related to unsolved historical mysteries.

Why are you here?
I've been a member of Wrong Planet since I was 16 was diagnosed with AS/HFA three years before.

Year/Grade: Graduated High School in 2008, have been stuck in college ever since.

TV Shows:
Looney Tunes, Hogan's Heroes, NOVA, The Equalizer, NCIS franchise, FBI franchise, Call the Midwife.

Movies:
Lord of the Rings, the "main" Harry Potter films (I don't like the prequel films), Fight Club, Dunkirk, Pan's Labyrinth, The Birds. (I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I can immediately think of right now.)

Books:
The Metamorphosis, Slaughterhouse 5, Harry Potter, Fight Club, Naked Lunch, some works by Stephen King.

How did you find this website?
I happened upon this website entirely by chance when I was 16.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 1:56 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet Ryan. , many Happy Landings .

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 1:57 pm

WB to Wrong Planet AnonymousAnonymous

Lockroach
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2022, 9:35 pm

What is your first name? Wil, He/Him

Hobbies and Interests: Videogames and board games, game development, art and music of all kinds, building small models, fiddling with electronics, fixing stuff.

Why are you here? First of all this BBcode forum is very nostalgic for me. I also like reading the experiences of people I can relate to, and I can tell I have a lot to learn here

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Basically last week, Oct 28, 2022. ASD1, ADHD, Dysgraphia.

Favorite music: mewithoutYou, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, BADBADNOTGOOD, Vince Staples, and too many more to list here.

Books: I'm honestly not a great reader :tongue:

TV shows/Movies: Sci Fi, Comedy, also a bunch of streaming content and creators on youtube and twitch.

Instrument: I play guitar and bass but only for myself.

Do you like sports? I'll go to a game and have fun but I don't follow seasons or teams.

Family: Mostly insane, but I'm lucky enough to be engaged to the love of my life and her family is normal.

Clothing: Black jeans, solid color t-shirts

How did you find this website? Google of course

Job: I was a lighting technician (grip) for a long time, but currently between careers

Plans for the future? Get a job in the game industry, create art, enjoy life

Any comments? I'm mostly a lurker (it took me about 2 hours to write this) but I'm excited to be part of the community, and love to create and collaborate especially now that I'm not constantly worrying about what's wrong with me :mrgreen:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 8:08 am

Lockroach wrote:
What is your first name? Wil, He/Him

Hobbies and Interests: Videogames and board games, game development, art and music of all kinds, building small models, fiddling with electronics, fixing stuff.

Why are you here? First of all this BBcode forum is very nostalgic for me. I also like reading the experiences of people I can relate to, and I can tell I have a lot to learn here

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Basically last week, Oct 28, 2022. ASD1, ADHD, Dysgraphia.

Favorite music: mewithoutYou, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, BADBADNOTGOOD, Vince Staples, and too many more to list here.

Books: I'm honestly not a great reader :tongue:

TV shows/Movies: Sci Fi, Comedy, also a bunch of streaming content and creators on youtube and twitch.

Instrument: I play guitar and bass but only for myself.

Do you like sports? I'll go to a game and have fun but I don't follow seasons or teams.

Family: Mostly insane, but I'm lucky enough to be engaged to the love of my life and her family is normal.

Clothing: Black jeans, solid color t-shirts

How did you find this website? Google of course

Job: I was a lighting technician (grip) for a long time, but currently between careers

Plans for the future? Get a job in the game industry, create art, enjoy life

Any comments? I'm mostly a lurker (it took me about 2 hours to write this) but I'm excited to be part of the community, and love to create and collaborate especially now that I'm not constantly worrying about what's wrong with me :mrgreen:

Welcome to Wrongg Planet Will …. Hope you find threads of interest to you , or even just distractions :D

Autism829
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2022, 10:57 am

What is your first name? Noah

Hobbies and Interests: Legos, basketball, watching movies, and helping others any way I possibly can.

Why are you here? Hopefully make new friends and learn more about other autistic people and/or myself

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 3 or 4 years old

Favorite subjects: Math and U.S. History

Favorite music: ABBA, Eagles, Taylor Swift, and Bee Gees

TV shows/Movies: 30 Rock, The Office U.S., and The Big Bang Theory for TV shows. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Avengers: Endgame, Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, and Spider-Man: No Way Home for movies.

Do you like sports? Not really.

Family: Depends on the question at hand. Like how many people are in my family, or if I want one in the future, or if there are other autistic people in my family.

How did you find this website? My Mom found it and suggested it to me

Job: Part-time teaching assistant at a preschool.

Plans for the future? Move to Pennsylvania in a year or two to be closer to family on my dad's side, since I rarely get to see them.

Any comments? Nothing comes to mind.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 7:16 pm

Autism829 wrote:

Hobbies and Interests: Legos, basketball, watching movies, and helping others any way I possibly can.

Why are you here? Hopefully make new friends and learn more about other autistic people and/or myself

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 3 or 4 years old

TV shows/Movies: 30 Rock, The Office U.S., and The Big Bang Theory for TV shows. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Avengers: Endgame, Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, and Spider-Man: No Way Home for movies.

Family: Depends on the question at hand. Like how many people are in my family, or if I want one in the future, or if there are other autistic people in my family.

Plans for the future? Move to Pennsylvania in a year or two to be closer to family on my dad's side, since I rarely get to see them.

Welcome Noah ,, hope you find some good threads here to follow. :mrgreen:

Asdforlife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2022, 5:31 am

What is your first name? jo

Hobbies and Interests: Swimming and surfing the internet

Why are you here? My bro has angelman syndrome and autistic traits

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): my bro was diagnosed 9 yrs ago

Favorite subjects: science

Year/Grade: 11

Favorite music: arctic monkeys

Books: none

TV shows/Movies: stranger things!

Instrument:

Do you like sports? nah

Family: mum, dad, 1 bro

Clothing: sp-orty

How did you find this website? google

Job: none

Plans for the future? to be a dentist and happy

Any comments?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 7:50 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet ,, hope you enjoy wandering the Forums here .

RiverLad
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2022, 10:42 am

What is your first name? Els

Age: old enough to have adult kids but look half my age thanks to vegan diet & good genes :lol: :P

Hobbies and interests: see below ‘fave subjects’…

Why are you here? To meet, connect & converse with other Autistic people & make friends nearby

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): well firstly, I don’t view being Autistic as a ‘disorder’. I self-diagnosed after teaching Autistic kids for 20 years, then got formally diagnosed as Autistic myself, with a side of ADHD

Favorite subjects: Boat maintenance, off-grid living, well-being, veganism, music, neurodiversity, art, food, books, animals, nature, forests, plant medicine, healing, keeping my fire going & chopping wood! Don’t get me started talking about my boat!

Year/Grade: umm, I teach school kids. I have QTS & an MA…about to start my phd

Favourite music: liquid drum n bass

Books: Greek classics, dystopian/action adventure/sci Fi/fantasy with strong female or non-binary protagonists

TV shows/Movies: as above

Instrument:voice, tenor sax/clarinet, violin, mostly voice

Do you like sports? Yes I’m super-fit and love being outdoors in nature but prefer cycling or hiking to team games…but teaching team sports are fine as kids have a similar number of neural connections, team games with neurotypicals are to be avoided tho as I don’t understand them at all!

Family: 4 adult autistic graduates I raised as a single parent

Clothing: mostly masc; winter: combat boots, hats, skinny jeans, huge jumpers and summer I live in board shirts and vests (and always my combat boots, whatever weather) - I’m a grungy boater :lol:

How did you find this website? google

Job: fully qualified teacher

Plans for the future? Yoga teacher & live by the sea

Any comments? If we sound similar please reach out - I’d love to make new Autistic friends esp in the UK :heart: thanks for reading :heart:

Naked Atira
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2022, 4:37 am

What is your first name? Atira

Hobbies and Interests: Walking, exploring, video games (Zelda, Splatoon), listening to music, and watching movies/TV shows.

Why are you here? I searched up Autism forums. I'm have Autism...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2016

Favourite subjects: I'm not sure, it tends to change.

Year/Grade: I graduated.

Favourite music: Many kinds, country, 90s pop, oldies, I probably like more kind than I dislike.

Books: Adventure, mystery, horror.

TV shows/Movies: These tend to change, some are The Walking Dead, From, Stranger Things

Instrument: None, but I want to learn how to play the Ocarina (Zelda)

Do you like sport? Not really.

Family:

Clothing: I don't like wearing clothes. I only do when I have to, only a few times a month. When I do wear clothing, it's casual or sporty.

How did you find this website? I searched Autism forums.

Job: None at the moment.

Have you plans for the future? Sadly, not at this time.

Any comments? Thank you for giving me to opportunity to break the ice a little.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 6:59 am

Welcome Altra .. hope you enjoy your visits here :)

vickyhannah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Dec 2022, 6:52 am

Autism829 wrote:

---------------
Nice to meet you!

I'm looking forward making friends and having pen pals :P would you be interested? Merry Christmas!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 4:16 pm

Welcome vickyhannah... hope you find some contacts here ... :D and Welcome to those above that i may have missed in my following this thread. :D