Page 350 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353 ... 358  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 11:52 am

Welcome Saltygoose … nice to have another inhabitant on Wrong Planet . Even if your just visiting ??.
Must admit to agreeing with your taste in Musik . Hope you find some possibly stimulating threads here , and may your journey on your road of enlightenment continue on . :)

where ever you go ,there you are

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 11:44 pm

Willkomen :mrgreen:

IHateUserNames
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Sep 2022, 5:05 am

What is your first name? Andre

Hobbies and Interests: Neuroscience, Basketball, Ancient History

Why are you here? I want to share my experiences of being on the spectrum and learn from the experiences of others.

When were you diagnosed? Diagnosed with ASD (Level 2) yesterday, though informally diagnosed since age 21. I also have ADHD.

Favourite Subjects: History of military strategy; Neuroscience of Austism, ADHD, anxiety, depression and other similar disorders; Basketball statistics and strategy.

Year/Grade: I almost completed the first year of an undergraduate university degree but could not complete a mandatory course, as the subject matter was so incredibly boring that it was both psychologically and physically painful. Therefore, I have never been able to return, as I can’t find a subject that doesn’t require completion of mandatory courses that are too boring to be compatible with my Austism. I also find the university environment too stimulating from both social and sensory standpoints.

Favorite music: 80s power ballads

Books: Non-fiction only.

TV shows/Movies: Star Wars (original trilogy), Star Trek The Next Generation, Band of Brothers.

Instrument: Vox (singing), saxophone.

Do you like sports? Yes, basketball and American football (but only watching, not playing).

Family: Wife and one five year-old daughter. I never intended to get married but just happened to meet a woman who understands me and genuinely cares. I would have had no desire to marry anyone but this unique and special woman.

Clothing: Mostly Star Wars tops and jeans.

How did you find this website? My mother, who is also on the Spectrum.

Job: Delivery Driver (Self-Employed)

Plans for the future? Be an awesome Delivery Driver and become a better dad and husband.

Any comments?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 9:49 am

Welcome Andre ,,, am sooo glad you found a life mate. :D Some folks especially Aspies might not ever find someone . Good on the delivery driver job … let’s you be in your own space for parts of the day . Even if you need to focus on the job . Was doing deliveries for the US Gov. enjoyed that job a lot . Used to only read non fiction too. Until after my late hubby got me reading semi fiction,stuff that addresses multiple new technologies as part of there story line . Like your Star Wars T shirts …for your clothing style . :D
Hope you find things to share with others here on this Wrong Planet . :)

DeliriousAutistic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2022, 11:00 am

What is your first name? Arson

Hobbies and Interests: Space, Human body, Video games, Art and lots of other things.

Why are you here? I would like to see other people's experiences and learn to unmask myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed at 4 (four)

Favorite subjects: I don't know what this means

Year/Grade: College

Favorite music: All, I have no favorite

Books: Unmasking Autism by Devon Price, Damned for Their Difference by Jan Branson and Don Miller, FNaF book series

TV shows/Movies: Steven Universe series, Mao Mao series, Love Death and Robot series.

Instrument: I play the ocarina

Do you like sports? No

Family: My dogs, Ruger, Trigger, AR, Zinnie (all yorkies), and Dixie (pitbull mix), my cat Dioblo (tuxedo cat), my mom, dad(step), my step sister, step brother, my little sister (half). All work with me kind of, could try to do better but at least they try.

Clothing: Baggy clothing with no tags, toe socks.

How did you find this website? A book called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price recommended it to me

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? None for now

Any comments? Just hoping I get some ideas from other neurodivergent people as I've been with neurotypical people my whole life and need some people who deal with some of the same stuff as me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 12:07 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet hope your visits are are good to you .

IzzyVill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2022, 1:23 am

What is your first name? Isabelle

Hobbies and Interests:
All things art related: painting, Drawing , Cooking, Makeup, Sfx, crafts, writing.... Imagination is the best part of the human experience. I enjoy making art and seeing other people's art.

Ooh I also love playing video games....

Double oh, I also love Super Hero and Horror films

Did I mention I have a dog named Frenrir, he's an Alaskan Malamute Husky mix....not that race matters

Comedy! I enjoy listening to comedians....and to the
Discomfort of others, I try to be a comedian myself.

Why are you here? I was searching the internet for Asperger friendly advice on how to make friends and how to blend in with the earth folk better.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): around March....sure did explain alot...I've been blaming my star sighn for so long!

Favorite subjects: Art, Psychology, Science, Literature.

Year/Grade: huh?

Favorite music: Metal, New Wave, Gothic, Do-Wop, Swing, blues, 1920s-1960s Era.
Favorite Current Band: Sisters Of Mercy

Books: The Count Of Monte Christo is my favorite.

TV shows/Movies:
Quills
What we do in the Shaddows
HORROR Movies.
SuperHero Movies
Psychological Thrillers
Adult films (haha)

Instrument: I do not Play the Piano. However I love the sound that one makes.

Do you like sports? Not really... minor exceptions here and there.

Family: Just my Mom,Dad And Doggo

Clothing: Optional (haha) If Elvira and Fran Dresher had a conjoined closet.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: I'm a Assistant Manager at a Jewelry Store.

Plans for the future?
Launching a Clothing Brand.
Actually finishing a painting.
Eventually i would like to sleep. Eat and hydrate (haha)

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2022, 12:35 pm

What is your first name?Fang

Hobbies and Interests:physics

Why are you here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):2022.3.2

Favorite subjects:physics

Year/Grade:leave school

Favorite music:

Books:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website?

Job:

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

@Lovisamastudent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2022, 4:53 am

What is your first name? Lovisa :)

Hobbies and Interests: Difficult question, my hobbies change often. But photography, reading, doing "casual" research, sitcoms

Why are you here?: I am here because of my master's thesis project. I am doing a master's in social anthropology on autism and autism advocacy and community. I am here as a part of that and hope to find individuals willing to participate here.

When were you diagnosed?: I am undergoing an ADHD/Autism evaluation right now.

Favorite subjects: Sociology, anthropology, philosophy, history, English

Year/Grade: Second year master's student

Favorite music: Old rock

Books: I don't read that much anymore

TV shows/Movies: Sitcoms, humour, historical dramas

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? No

Family: A long-term boyfriend

Clothing: Whatever I find comfortable

How did you find this website?: I found it from researching autistic/ND communities online

Job: University student

Plans for the future?: No

Any comments?: Well, I am here as a student doing a research project. I hope to find people that maybe want to chat or even do an interview with me. Participation is very relaxed and everyone can partake. Send me a message or add me as a friend if you want to know more! Also, I hope it is OK that I am here, I could not find any rules stating this would not be allowed. I am sorry if I am breaking any rules

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 9:41 am

Welcome Lovisa, hope you enjoy your visits here ..! Photography can be very enjoyable . :D

OrganizedChaos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2022, 10:42 pm

What is your first name? You can call me Kray

Hobbies and Interests: Materials Science, psychology, personality theory, world building

Why are you here?: Got the ASD1 diagnosis alongside some other neurodivergences

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 22

Favorite subjects: See interests

Year/Grade: Graduate School

Favorite music: Steampunk and memes

Books: Room, Good Omens, an array of webtoons

TV shows/Movies: Generally anime

Instrument: I used to play the trumpet

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: If hiking counts, that. Else wise sports are challenging for me.

Family: A mother, father, sister, and brother.

Clothing: Too many colors, too many flannels and fleeces

How did you find this website?: I was looking for information about how to overcome autistic burnout and decided to join

Job: Graduate researcher

Plans for the future?: Complicated at the moment

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 8:35 am

Welcome Kray …. Hope while your wandering about here on Wrong Planet you might find some things of interest to you . If not just entertainment value . :D

Senexx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2022, 5:15 am

What is your first name? Darren

Hobbies and Interests: Modern Monetary Theory and Real Progressive Politics

Why are you here? Finally admitting it and seeking official diagnosis soon

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not as of yet but in my own mind definitely have all the symptoms

Favorite subjects: Favourite subjects. I include the U as I disagree with Webster and the word color has racial connotations to me as opposed to the word colour

Year/Grade: Undergraduate

Favorite music: Rock

Books: Wheel of Time

TV shows/Movies: Buffy

Instrument: None, keep trying to learn guitar but no success

Do you like sports? Rugby League

Family: What's the intent of this question? How big is my family, how many siblings, etc? Or do I want a family?

Clothing: Polo shirts and cargo shorts

How did you find this website? Mentioned in a number of autism references places

Job: Trying to get and maintain one which seems to be proving a fruitless endeavour

Plans for the future? Entering the Mental Health field. I find it is what I do naturally even if it is a form of compensatory masking which I am only just thinking about due to YouTube's Yo Samdy Sam masking video

Any comments? "Any" :wink:

I have Grammar.Ly installed and its gives me these tones, informal, friendly and confident. What do you think? Do you agree?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 8:50 am

Welcome to wrong Planet … Senexx……hope you can find interest or enjoyment in your visits here .

Hus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2022, 10:30 am

Hello,

I'm Hus. My mother tongue is not English, so sometimes I can write something rude, without knowing it. If you can please tell me that, so I can try to fix that, and this way you would help me learn something new. I'd be happy.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, knitting, crocheting, upcycling projects, sudoku, puzzles, watching movies, visiting museums, history, literature, organizing my things at home (like drawers, cupboards etc)...

Why are you here? I am looking for some place to find answers to my questions and also hoping to find like minded people, maybe become friends..

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2 years ago my psychologist diagnosed me as ''at the edge of ASD''. I am still trying to figure out what that means. Ofcourse I am not alone, I still see her and sometimes I feel like I totally got it but sometimes I am lost in information, confused. So I don't know if I am autistic or not.

Favorite subjects: Literature, movies, organization or tidying methods for life/house/brain.

Favorite music: I can not think of one particular type of music but I am sure it's not hiphop, rap, electronic or techno music. Lyrics are mostly more important to me than music itself. But sometimes I like the songs in the languages I don't understand. So there must be a pattern but I don't know what it is:)

Books: Hard to answer. These days I am reading 1Q84 from Haruki Murakami and I like it a lot. I find Adalet Agaoglu (from my home country, Turkey), Jose Saramago, Sayaka Murata and many others fascinating.

TV shows/Movies: Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Monk, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Derry Girls, Fleabag, Fargo, Wes Anderson movies, Harry Potter movies, Jim Jarmusch movies, Richard Linklater movies, Stranger than Fiction, Tony Gatlif movies, Ricky Gervais movies and TV shows, Westworld, PK, 3 Idiots, Star Trek ( especially Enterprise, Voyager and the Next Generation) ... Vizontele, Ethos, Wild Pear Tree (Turkish)...

Do you like sports? Not really, I don't enjoy watching or being in competition, it makes me stressed. I want to do sports just to keep my body healthy but I find it really hard to get motivated. At least I like walking so I can move.

Family: My parents and siblings are in Turkey. I am married, have a husband, no kids.

Clothing: I like comfortable clothes, mostly cotton and mostly T shirt+sweatshirt and trousers and sports shoes.

How did you find this website? I was googling ''Haruki Murakami autism'', trying to find if he had some explanation about his autistic seemed characters. Couldn't find anything about it but saw a website called ''wrongplanet'', loved the name:)

Job: I don't have a job and yes, that bothers me a lot but social anxiety etc...It's hard to explain in a few sentences but I guess you people can understand it.

Plans for the future? To be able to work or at least to decide that I will not work so I can get rid of those panicky thoughts in my head, to be able to leave home regularly, for a purpose, doing voluntary jobs, having friends, keeping the friends that I have now, writing a book, not feeling regret in my deathbed.

Thanks and I hope to be here again,

Hus

emellish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2022, 11:48 am

What is your first name? Mike

Hobbies and Interests: DIY, cosmology

Why are you here? seeking understanding of my ASD after a lifetime of rejection

When were you diagnosed? two months ago

Favorite subjects: Cosmology, UFO's, Sasquatch, and other weird stuff

Favorite music: Varied, not hung up on any type.

TV shows/Movies: Varied

Do you like sports? Don't follow, but view finals of F1, soccer, football, baseball

Family: married, four grown up children

How did you find this website? search

Job: Retired

Plans for the future? Find connections without commitments.

Any comments? :

I was always the kid on the outside looking in wondering why rejection followed me everywhere. I'm 77 now having lived a friendless life of weirdness over a checkerd past. I recently submitted to an ASD diagnosis that proved positive. If there was any consistency throughout my life, it was with repetitive attempts to join social groups always ending in failure with my inability to connect with people and becoming stigmatized in various ways. I have always held down a job, sometimes excelling at my work but never as a team player. I spent the last 20 years as a self-employed tree stump grinder which suited my need for space, and as an outlet for my practical machine maintenance/repair skills.

My first wife of 12 years marriage walked out because I was boring. My current marriage of 35 years only lasted because my wife has got her own issues dealing with agoraphobia---what a pair we make! We both realized there are few people out there who would put up with either of us---so stick with who you know. It's been a marriage of toleration as I really don't know the meaning of love.

I was an unwanted child---that's the way I felt. I was not abused in any way but just felt unwanted not regularly experiencing affection. As a child, my mother called me a "cold fish" unaware that she needed to first make her "love" apparent to me. I had an older brother (nine years) who never married and died at age 51. He was a good brother to me. He had "mother" issues that translated into a mistrust of women. I believe both he and my father also had this "malady" indeed, when I recall memories of my uncles/cousins, they all had their emotional issues. Closeness and engagement weren't a family trait on my father's side of the family.

So here I am through many twists and turns, 3k miles away from what used to be home, and at what I now call home. I don't pretend to be some sort of sage or to be relied upon to offer useful advice. My history of engagement and reciprocity with people would not fill an egg cup.