Page 345 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348 ... 358  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 11:53 pm

^^^welcome, Piri :flower:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 1:47 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet Piri ... hope you find the information your seeking and enjoy the various forums and topics here. Hope your catharsis is a good one. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Emily S
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jan 2022, 5:14 pm

Well this seems pretty cool, I'll give it a try

What is your first name? Emily (Em)

Hobbies and Interests: Music, drawing, chess, writing, walking, Lego

Why are you here? I have Asperger's.

When were you diagnosed? April 21st 2011.

Favorite subjects: History and English.

Year/Grade: Thankfully left school when I was 16.

Favorite music: I like all sorts of music from Adele to stuff from the 80s.

Books: Love the Harry Potter books.

TV shows/Movies: Love the Simpsons and all Disney movies.

Instrument: I used to play the guitar, want to start again.

Do you like sports? Not really :P

Family: Dad, my sister Angel and my little brother Matthew. Sadly lost my mum.

Clothing: Usually the same sort of things, jumpers and jeans black boots.

How did you find this website? I found it via Google.

Job: training to become a veterinarian.

Plans for the future? I want to be a veterinarian.

Any comments? Not at the moment :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 4:03 am

Emily S wrote:

Welcome from another Simpsons fan!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Emily S

19 Jan 2022, 10:57 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Emily S wrote:

Welcome from another Simpsons fan!

Ha ha thank you! Doh! Whoo hoo :D

Foxibus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2022, 8:41 am

What is your first name? Bertram

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, woodland walks

Why are you here? Well, after the Big Bang created the Universe, a galaxy formed with some nice yellow stars, one of which had some planets... OK, I'm recently diagnosed and looking for people to talk to.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last month!

Favorite subjects: History, mythology, fantasy, science.

Year/Grade: BSc (Biochemistry,) UoS, Diploma in Farm Management (failed,) Seale-Hayne college.

Favorite music: Jethro Tull

Books: Science fiction, fantasy, romance.

TV shows/Movies: Crime, SF, fantasy.

Instrument: I wish. Tried and failed to learn violin, piano and guitar, I have no muscle memory. I sing whenever people can't stop me.

Do you like sports? No. Never bothered after school, and can't see the point of watching other people do it.

Family: 3 children (one dyspraxic and probably aspie,) 4 grandchildren (one autistic,) a wife who may be borderline aspie (we're still exploring it.)

Clothing: Whatever I pick up in the morning. Jeans and sweaters.

How did you find this website? Search engines.

Job: Retired, previously self employed market trader and jewellery designer.

Plans for the future? To get my life under control so I can write again!

Any comments? A whole new world opened up when I was diagnosed, hoping I can explore it here.

Oh better far to live and die under the brave black flag I fly,
Than play a sanctimonious part with a pirate head and a pirate heart.

brontesavis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2022, 9:59 pm

What is your first name?

Avis

Hobbies and Interests: Honestly, if you get into enough detail about anything, I'll probably enjoy following along. Birds, especially smart ones, are my favorite, though. I enjoy all kinds of art and creation, and one of my favorite things to do is connecting information to create a fuller picture, especially if it's an obscure connection.

Why are you here?

I'm hoping to make some friends in the Autistic community.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I don't remember when exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was late summer or early fall of last year, or maybe the year before. Multiple people have suspected I was autistic before that, though - I think the first person to suggest it did so when I was somewhere from 5 to 7.

Favorite subjects: Anything where I get to write - psychology is pretty cool, too.

Year/Grade: Technically 13th grade, technically 12th.

Favorite music: Classical is fun. I enjoy Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic, Bastille, Cavetown, and probably others that I just can't remember right now.

Books: Gregor the Overlander (written by THE Suzanne Collins, yes, that one), The Hunger Games trilogy, anything to do with my interests, Alex and Me, among others.

TV shows/Movies: Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra,

Instrument: Mainly cello, but I've had stints with the violin, upright bass, piano, and even the trumpet.

Do you like sports?

Honestly? Yeah. I enjoyed playing soccer and kickball as a kid. I'd love to do it again sometime.

Family: Not going to go into too much detail, but I have a brother, a sister, a step-sister, and a half brother.

Clothing: Sleeveless turtleneck/mock neck shirts. Those are my favorites.

How did you find this website?

I think I saw it in Loud Hands? Either that, or on some ASAN-type website.

Job: Currently unemployed, but I'm still in high school.

Plans for the future?

Heck yes. I want to research the potential for birds as service animals. I'm actually in the process of drafting a letter to Doctor Irene Pepperberg right now to ask if she's got any advice for me. Doesn't mean I'll get a response, but the answer's always no if you don't ask, right?

Any comments?

I'm pretty open about my life, mostly in hopes that it'll help others to open up as they need to. That being said, if I say something upsetting, please tell me. I probably have no idea. Also, I currently only have internet access from 5-7 PM and during school, so if I don't respond, that's probably why.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 5:26 am

What is your first name? - G

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, listening to and playing music.

Why are you here? - Was here before. Came back again to rant and relate. Helps ice-break the procrastination. :lol:

When were you diagnosed?: From a young age.

Favorite subjects: When I was at school, it was English.

Year/Grade: N/A - I got decent enough grades to get out of dodge. :lol:

Favorite music: Various contemporary music. Primarily; Post-Rock, Post-Punk, Alternative Rock/Metal/Hip-Hop/Rap, Ambient, IDM, Electronic, Big-Beat and Dub. Everything and anything in between.

Books: The works of Douglas Adams and Spike Milligan. Slaughterhouse Five*, Of Mice and Men, 1984, Animal Farm, Trainspotting et.al I also read a lot of non-fiction books to do with music and film.

TV shows/Movies: Newer shows like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Game Of Thrones et.al, but prefer a lot of the older drama serials of the terrestrial channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4) between the 60's - 90s'. ie. House Of Cards. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy etc. I'm aware there are newer shows out there with similar quality storytelling. I'll eventually get around to them. Also a big fan of sitcoms. Comedies, Psychological thrillers/horrors/dramas and Kitchen-Sink Realism films. Drawn towards low budget, and independent films too. Anything with a compelling story really that piques my interest.

Instrument: Bass Guitar with distortion pedals, and Drums.

Do you like sports? - Prefer to participate than spectate.

Family: Yes.

Clothing: Smart casual.

How did you find this website? - From the back of a book.

Job: Freelance (unemployed) :lol:

Plans for the future? Owning a house of our own. Somewhere rural and detached. :jester:

Any comments? - Apologies for being too vague. :lol:

*Check the username :wink:

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 8:48 am

Given where you are from, Bertram, you will probably recognise my avatar.

Shanasai
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2022, 5:42 pm

Hiya everyone! Great to get to know everyone ^^

What is your first name? You can just call me Shana

Hobbies and Interests: I love playing video games, mostly MMOs, baking, watching the same tv shows over and over again, singing and dancing

Why are you here? I'm here because I was diagnosed two months ago and was hoping to meet others who are also on the spectrum too!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed in January

Favorite subjects: Psychology, Nutrition, Cosmetics, Technology related subjects,

Year/Grade: Currently out of education

Favorite music: I love all music! But I prefer older music like stuff from the 70s to the 90s.

Books: I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy

TV shows/Movies: I also love the LOTR movies, the tv shows I have on repeat are Friends, TBBT, How I Met Your Mother, The IT Crowd, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Hannibal and a couple more!

Instrument: I'm trying to learn the ukulele

Do you like sports? Not particularly

Family: My family is made up of myself, my older sister, my younger brother and my mom and dad.

Clothing: Mostly prefer to be comfortable, at home all my clothes are soft and warm but I do like to dress up when I have to leave the house

How did you find this website? Just came up on Google

Job: I'm currently unemployed

Plans for the future? Possibly going to do a Beauty Therapy course or a Software Development Course!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2022, 5:58 pm

^^^welcome to our club :alien:

mapleleafsoup
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2022, 6:05 pm

What is your first name? mapleleafsoup

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, Drawing, Nature, Travel, Fantasy-Sci-Fi, Games, Poetry, Coffee & Tea

Why are you here? I don't know anyone else who has Autism and I want to get to know other autistic people.

When were you diagnosed?: Early twenties.

Favorite subjects: English, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Anthropology.

Year/Grade: Some University in English Literature.

Favorite music: I love a lot of different kinds of music. OneRepublic, Maroon 5, Enrique Iglesias, Sia, Adele, Taylor Swift, Sam Smith, Ellie Goulding, Sarah McLachlan, Loreena McKennitt, Enya, Clannad, Beatles, The Police, U2, Lisa Gerrard/Dead Can Dance, Tragically Hip, Gladiator Soundtrack lol... and just the sound of rain.

Books: I read a lot. Poetry, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Drama. Some favourite authors are Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, LM Montgomery, Tolkien, Robert Jordan, JK Rowling, Anne Rice, Margaret Atwood, Maeve Binchy.

TV shows/Movies: Too many to list! I'm always binge watching tv series on Netflix. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Action, Drama, Comedies.

Instrument: Classical flute.

Do you like sports? Gymnastics and Diving.

Family: Mom, Dad passed away, brother, sisters, nieces, nephew

Clothing: Casual, Business-Casual.

How did you find this website? Google search.

Job: Unemployed.

Plans for the future? Write a novel. Travel to Japan. Find my cell phone, I just put it down somewhere and can't find it lol.

Any comments? I like to play hidden object puzzles and simulation / strategy games.

Ludovicus Europae
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2022, 6:24 pm

What is your first name?: Lewis

Hobbies and Interests: History, Languages, Travelling, Philosophy, Cultures, Geography, Astronomy, Gaming, Reading, Writing, Going to the gym, Having the odd drink or two!

Why are you here?: After being diagnosed at the beginning of 2021, a therapist I had pointed me in the direction of this site, so I thought it might be a good idea to engage with more people like me!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): January 2021, but had suspected something was up as long ago as 2006...

Favorite subjects: See Hobbies and Interests

Year/Grade: Left school back in 2017, currently in Year 2 of an Undergraduate degree in Classical Studies.

Favorite music: Bit of a mixed bag this one. I like listening to ambient music from all over the world (Arabic, Japanese, Italian, French, and Spanish are some of my favourites), Jazz, the odd oldie (particularly Frank Sinatra & Nat King Cole), most things from the 80's, 90's, and early 00's, lofi, and film soundtracks.

Books: Reading mostly historical and philosophy based books for the time being. The most recent things I've finished are China: The Story of a Civilisation and its People by Michael Wood, and Chernobyl.

TV shows/Movies: Favourite shows: Chernobyl, Peaky Blinders, Vigil, American Dad, Family Guy, Doctor Who (Eccleston and Tennant), The Mandalorian, anything Star Wars or Marvel related.
Films: The Shawshank Redemption, War of the Worlds, The Mummy Trilogy (1999-2007), The Beach, Hot Fuzz, Paul, The World's End, Shaun of the Dead, and again anything Star Wars or Marvel related.

Instrument: None for now, but it's on my bucket list.

Do you like sports?: Not really, but will watch international football and rugby when it's on, as well as the Olympics & Paralympics. I've been going to the gym on a regular basis for about four months now, and my strongest and perhaps only sport I like doing now is Swimming. I used to do Fencing and Archery too.

Family: I have two sisters, no brothers, I'm the youngest.

Clothing: Not sure why, but I love wearing overcoats.

How did you find this website?: See above.

Job: Retail for now, something more exciting later on, hopefully...

Plans for the future?: Get my book published, bolster my YT channel, work for myself. Also travelling... lots and lots of travelling!

Any comments: Nah not right now.

Leslie B
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2022, 10:40 pm

What is your first name? Leslie

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, the arts, true crime, model trains, pottery, landscaping, psychology, unique individuals, Native American history

Why are you here? I've learned I'm most comfortable around people on the spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Currently on a waiting list

Favorite subjects: English (composition, creative writing), Arts of all kinds, especially drawing, psychology, cultural anthropology, Native American studies

Year/Grade: Done. Meaning I did all I was meant to do....about 2 years of college

Favorite music: Folk, World, Zydeco, 70s and 80s Rock especially Pink Floyd

Books: Reference books mostly, and some history until they start talking about all the wars. I enjoy poetry.

TV shows/Movies: I was the only mom on the block who allowed Beavis and Butthead on my TV. All the kids used to come watch it at our house. Shhh.

Instrument: Guitar, Native American flute, and once upon a time I played piano, violin, and string bass.

Do you like sports? No. Well, once in awhile a Giants game, if hot dogs and garlic fries are involved.

Family: Married to my second husband, Mike. My daughter (42) and I are sadly estranged. My son (39) lives in the biggest house in town, surrounded by an enormous security fence with clementina wire, and is in a band. I love him very much. Parents deceased. 1st husband still in touch.

Clothing: Same every day if I can: t-shirt, hoodie, or tank top....sweat pants or comfy jeans...perfect underwear.

How did you find this website? I don't remember. That was a couple of days ago. I think I was googling for an app.

Job: Longest "career" was as a minister. Now I'm caring for a disabled veteran husband, which is getting harder as he ages. Other than that, retired.

Plans for the future? Regain my dignity, after a lifetime of "failure" and self condemnation, trying to be neurotypical.

Any comments? Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for? -Robert Browning

OrangeOrangeOrange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2022, 3:16 pm

What is your first name? Orange

Hobbies and Interests: Missing person's cases, reading, fat liberation, health and wellbeing, journaling, TikTok, Scrabble, vegan cooking

Why are you here? To talk with other people on the spectrum

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm waiting for an evaluation for autism. I have diagnosed ADHD, anxiety, and depression.

Favorite music: The stuff of my playlist. I prefer known music to new music.

Books:Literary fiction and suspense

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch much TV anymore. Prefer YouTube.

Do you like sports? I watch Premier League soccer from England. My team is Everton.

Family: Engaged

Clothing: Yes

How did you find this website? Google

Job: I"m disabled, but currently studying for my Health Coach certification and hope to use that some some kind of part-time work

Plans for the future? Marry, move to the UK, write a book

Any comments? I look forward to meeting folks, especially people who were diagnosed in their 40's or later.

Orange

duranduran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2022, 10:32 pm

What is your first name?: Lyla

Hobbies and Interests: 80s music/style, creating things

Why are you here?: Looking to meet other people like me!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not formally, but suggested(?) by my counselor. I was diagnosed with ADHD though.

Favorite subjects: Art, Music, German

Year/Grade: Sophomore in college

Favorite music: The Cure, Duran Duran, Van Halen, Einstürzende Neubauten, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, I could go on and on! :heart:

Books: I don’t read a lot, but I like Around the World in 80 Days.

TV shows/Movies: Lord of the Rings, Phantom of the Opera (2004), Star Wars

Instrument: I only play a bit of piano, but I’d love to learn guitar!

Do you like sports?: Nope!

Family: 7 siblings

Clothing: Mostly black, vintage, band tees, no set style though.

How did you find this website?: Google/Quora

Job: Preschool Tutor

Plans for the future?: Studying in Germany!