Page 337 of 358 [ 5720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340 ... 358  Next

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2021, 5:27 am

What is your first name? Bård

Hobbies and Interests: There are stuff I'm NOT interested in, like cruelty, religion, bad things and stuff. Anything else I'm game.

Why are you here? Asperger spectrum diagnosed, until now been functioning but picked up PTSD and Burnout(/brain damage in short term and work memory) on the way and are now next to useless

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):2021

Favorite subjects: Humans, Humanity, Ethics, Cosmology, Biology, Standard model (1st gen not so much 2nd and 3rd gen afaik we're all made of the stuff from 1st gen), wave duality, Music (almost everything) and literature, History, Geology, errm it would frankly be easier to list what I'm not interested in.

Year/Grade: Its complicated. I was 26 when I finished schooling with Grade A in Electronic fields Analog and Digital at pre university level.

Favorite music: Seriously .... everything except when it stop being music and becomes noise. Even then there are sometimes music. Combine harvesters can have a really grym beat

Books: umm lets do some favourite authors: Douglas Noel Adams, JRRTolkien, Terry Pratchett, Isac Asimov, ArthurC Clarke, Frank Herbert, Charles Stross, Karsten Alnæs, John Irving, Stephen Hawking, eksetera (hmm awfully male'ish, well I like best female singers by far so I guess it balance out some)

TV shows/Movies: Red Dwarf, Into the Universe, Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea, everything published under Pixar and Dreamworks brands, Oblivion, Contact, Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice), everything with David Attenborough,

Web-stuff: Ri channel, the portal, 60symbols, Sabine Hossenfelder, into the impossible, whatever I track down on youtube of lectures given by PhD

Instrument: Percussion, B tuba, piano, singing, but that's awfully many years ago

Do you like sports? Walking anywhere gawking around at nature, mountain bike, will start knife throwing and bow shooting soon, at -20 its just to bl*** cold

Family: 3 kids, single, 2 brothers

Clothing: mostly stubbies and t-shirt, a cap and a hair band, all preferably clean and without to many holes, hoodie if its cold, colder than that (-10 deg C) we talk wool and stuff

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Non, to burned out, Doc said I had limited ability to retrain or re-educate as long as my burnout state is this strong

Plans for the future? I kind of hope to study and work again, that's what I'm shooting for.

Any comments? Durr, dunno, I guess if anyone want to know more they can PM

Gaffer Gragz
Entity of our preposterous universe
Citizen of Earth

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2021, 1:44 pm

not sure if iv already posted in this thread before or not but i will post anyway cos im trying t make friends here

What is your first name? Carrie

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, driving buses

Why are you here? to make online friends & chat to other autistics

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 4 years old

Favorite subjects: i dont know

Year/Grade: im a grown up

Favorite music: 80s punk and ska

Books: all sorts

TV shows/Movies: tv soaps and game shows

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? no

Family: im not that close to my family

Clothing: fashion

How did you find this website? cant remember

Job: bus driver

Plans for the future? i dont think about the future

Any comments?

andythomthom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2021, 5:46 pm

What is your first name? Andrew

Hobbies and Interests: Bicycles, Lego, Rubix cubing, hiking, gardening, pizza, League of Legends, Doom, Anime/Manga

Why are you here? I am looking for more info on life with ASD and I hope to meet people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): This month (2/21)

Favorite subjects: In school: Material science class, machining, welding, 3D modeling

Year/Grade: 2nd year of graduate school

Favorite music: Wide interest scope. Currently liking: Men I Trust - "Headroom", Lana Del Rey - "NFR", and Khruangbin - "Con Todo El Mundo"

Books: The 47 Ronin: Japanese Tales of Vampires, Ghosts and Renegade Samurai, Stranger in a strange land, Berserk

TV shows/Movies: Oni-Hei, Demon Slayer, Mandalorian / Godfather, The Big Lebowski, The Royal Tenenbaums

Instrument: Unused guitar and alto sax in the closet

Do you like sports? I like the ride my bicycle. I used to ride for sport. Touring and racing.

Family: Married/poly, 2 kiddos (7 and 1)

Clothing: I usually have two "uniforms". My main one is: Levi 501s, levis belt, boxer briefs (TMI?), Vans Sk8 High Pros, Crew socks (with fun graphics, favorites are one with the grim reaper drinking a beer), graphic t-shirt, long sleeve flannel, and cotapaxi puffy coat.

How did you find this website? Mortified Podcast 201: Rachel's Diary

Job: Engineer/Draftsperson at Production Metal Forming Inc., also owner of a used bicycle shop (not proud of the current state though, RAD Used Bikes)

Plans for the future? HA. Renovate my home, try to pass school, make my bicycle shop functional, maybe go to Disneyland (when that is safe), go to space, build a pizza place and a weed farm on Mars.

Any comments? I have a hard time posting to any platform and I hope I did not go overboard.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 6:15 pm

^^^welcome Andy :)

Redrover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2021, 1:57 am

What is your first name? Gabrielle

Hobbies and Interests: studying anatomy

Why are you here? I need a friend

When were you diagnosed?when I was 12

Favorite subjects: science

Year/Grade:11

Favorite music: fractions Jupiter vale

Books:Harry potter and a few manga

TV shows/Movies: bluey,doctor who,bridgeington,a lot of anime,star wars

Instrument:
Tiny bit of guitar but cannot play it know 5 cords

Do you like sports?
No

Family:
Is confusing

How did you find this website?
Psychologist suggest it

Job:
Still in school

Plans for the future?
Forensics or a doctor

Clothing: beside my uniform I always wear a jumper even though it is 45 degrees Celsius so hot but I wearing because I like it and it is 2 years old now but in top condition and I also wear jeans because they are comfortable

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 3:16 am

What is your first name?
James

Hobbies and Interests:
Reading, firefighting, military history, writing, model making, collecting, travel, the outdoors, motorsports, video games, Star Wars, the American Civil War, the Second World War, the Cold War, aircraft, trucks, rallying and Formula One

Why are you here?
I was diagnosed with Aspergers, High-Functioning Autism along with dyspraxia and want to connect with and get to know others who are also on the spectrum

When were you diagnosed?:
When I was around 8 years old

Favorite subjects:
History, creative writing and English

Year/Grade:
University graduate

Favorite music:
60s, 70s and 80s

Books:
Too many to list!!

TV shows/Movies:
M*A*S*H*, Scrubs, The Great Escape, A Fistful Of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, The Warriors, Das Boot, The Dambusters, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegs, Heavy Metal and The Outlaw Josey Wales

Instrument:
I used to play the drums

Do you like sports?
I am a huge fan of the World Rally Championship and Formula One

Family:
I was the youngest of a pair of identical twins (my twin brother died) and I have a younger sister

Clothing:
Anything that is comfortable, i.e. tee shirts and shorts mostly

How did you find this website?
Through a Google search

Job:
Volunteer firefighter

Plans for the future?
Progressing through the ranks in my firefighting career and continuing on publishing my historical fiction stories

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 3:38 am

^^^hiya Wolf and welcome to WP :alien: and i hope you can take up the drums again and then teach me! :dj:

IrishBear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2021, 7:32 am

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, Anime and Manga, fishing and photos and video

Why are you here? Looking for answers, friends and support

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Suspected Asperger

Favorite subjects: Computers, History

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: my music collection is varied as my movie collection

Books: Non-Fiction and Manga

TV shows/Movies: Non Fiction such as documentaries, history and cooking shows, Non Fiction Sci-Fi, thrillers, anime (Hunter X Hunter, Eva, Sailor Moon, Code Geass and Haruhi Suzumiya are my favs) Classic Simpsons and M*A*SH*

Instrument: love the piano

Do you like sports? Hockey, Baseball, Fishing and Racing

Family: Parents are next town over

Clothing: Jeans and T-Shirt (no tags), Camo pants

How did you find this website? came across it when researching

Job: Security

Plans for the future? I got a few things I am planning

Any comments?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2021, 8:35 pm

^^^yay another one :bounce:

Gym Nerd
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2021, 8:33 pm

What is your first name? Jarrett

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, weightlifting, writing, reading, technology

Why are you here? To make friends with my fellow aspies

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): January 26, 2021

Favorite music: Metal, Classical

Books: Nonfiction: everything by Robert Greene, Plutarch
Fiction: Cheesy sword-and-sorcery fantasy novels

TV shows/Movies: Violet Evergarden, everything by Studio Ghibli

Instrument: Bassoon

Do you like sports? As a participant, just weightlifting

Clothing: I like my leather boots and jacket. I get lots of compliments in them

Job: Technical Writer

Plans for the future? Currently building a foundation for the future I.E. getting fit, acquiring savings/investments, reading a ton. Looking to move into tech within the next year.

Any comments? I've been lurking for a while, but I finally got diagnosed. Still hasn't sunk in yet. Glad to be here :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 1:45 am

yay another one :alien:

Wolf1066
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2021, 6:55 am

What is your first name? Jon

Hobbies and Interests:
Oh so numerous. Camping, motorcycling, reading, writing, science, technology (especially prosthetics, computers and robotics), birds, psychology, languages, numerous collections

Why are you here? I've felt like I was on the wrong planet for most of my life, so this place seemed like a good fit.

When were you diagnosed?: 29 January 2021 - "Autism Spectrum Disorder Severity 1" - aka Aspergers Syndrome

Favorite music: 1980's pop/rock/New Wave, The Beatles, 1970s glam rock, 1950s and 60s rock/rock 'n' roll, punk rock, goth, heavy metal, classical, folk, New Zealand pop/rock - pretty much anything's fine except most Jazz and most Country/Western (though there are always exceptions)

Books: lots of science fiction, Pratchett's Discworld stories, text books on a wide range of topics: history, psychology, science, language etc

TV shows/Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, The Expanse, Sense8, Babylon 5

Instrument: Mandolin, clarinet, recorder

Do you like sports? Archery and target shooting (pistol and rifle), paintball and airsoft skirmishing

Family: Solo parent of 4 kids (3 still "at home") one of which diagnosed with ADHD, ODD and autism traits.

Clothing: Comfortable, practical and quick-drying. If you can't comfortably hitchhike home in it it's not worth wearing and you never know when a forest might spring up in the office. Sports shoes or trail-runners, long trousers, polypropylene "T-shirt", sleeveless fishing/hunting vest with lots of pockets to accommodate all the stuff I "need" to carry.

How did you find this website? Mentioned in Philip Wylie's Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome and "Uncle Google"

Job: Data Analyst

Diagnosed 29 Jan 2021 - ASD Sev. 1 (Aspergers)

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 11:04 pm

What is your first name? Danae

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Art, Books

Why are you here? Try to glean some, try to help others where I can.....

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 16

Favorite subjects: History, Art, Music, Literature

Year/Grade: graduated X"D

Favorite music: Anything different or thought provoking.

Books: Autobiographies of unknown people

TV shows/Movies: Comedies mostly

Instrument: guitar, voice, drums, harmonica, piano (in that order)

Do you like sports? I used to play soccer

Family: <3

Clothing: shoes!! !! !

How did you find this website? My mom

Job: Unemployed web dev since covid

Plans for the future? Just wanna spend it with my beau <3

Any comments? I strive to exist in reality. It's an uphill battle....

DredgeboatWilly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2021, 11:00 am

What is your first name? Will

Hobbies and Interests: engines, compressors, analog electronics, antique machinery, power generation, alternative fuels, music, nature and wildlife, naval architecture, geometry, and anything maritime related

Why are you here? I had no inkling I was on the spectrum until about 5 days ago, now it feels like the lifelong jigsaw puzzle I feel like I've been working on my whole life is looking like a picture. It is a load off my back to find out I'm not so alone in the feelings and difficulties I've had throughout life

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): no official diagnosis as of yet, AQ score is 38, Aspie score 144/200, NT score 77/200

Favorite subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Geometry, Biology

Year/Grade: graduated high school 2012

Favorite music: Heavy metal and underground rap with a side of classic rock and outlaw country

Books: Do Chilton's manuals count? :D

TV shows/Movies: The Blacklist, Trailer Park Boys, King of the Hill, Squidbillies, anything on Motor Trend or Discovery Channel

Instrument: played the tuba in high school, would love to learn the banjo someday

Do you like sports? College basketball, hockey, motocross, auto racing

Family: both parents and a younger brother. Dad may possibly be on the spectrum to a degree, he believes his father may have been too, and his fathers mother lived most of her life in a home for mentally handicapped folks, though my dad remembers her as very normal and believes she was a casualty of the times.

Clothing: don't wear anything I'm scared to get dirty, formal attire is a collared shirt of some sort, and stain-free pants

How did you find this website? It was mentioned in an article I was reading about Asperger's and ASD

Job: deckhand on a cutterhead suction dredge

Plans for the future? Climb the ladder where I'm at, while saving up enough money to go in business for myself one day. I'm full of ideas

Any comments? Having gone 27 years in life knowing I don't quite run on the same frequency as everyone around me but not understanding why made for some dark times throughout life. Happy to be here

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:39 pm

DredgeboatWilly wrote:
Any comments? Having gone 27 years in life knowing I don't quite run on the same frequency as everyone around me but not understanding why made for some dark times throughout life. Happy to be here

glad to have you here :)

Ms Dobalina
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Mar 2021, 10:45 pm

What is your first name? Tessa

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, watching movies, playing with my dogs.

Why are you here? I am wanting to be able to talk to women (men and non-binary too) who had been diagnosed later in life and the struggle that comes with knowing you are different but being invisible in society. Also pschologist recommended.

When were you diagnosed?: August 2018 (aged 30).

Favorite music: My favourite band is Metric. Favourite singers: Emily Haines, Amanda Palmer, Fiona Apple. My music taste is all over the place, it would take too long to discuss here or anywhere.

Books: Again too varied. How do you compare Pride & Prejudice to American Psycho. I love both but for very different reasons.

TV shows/Movies: Rick and Morty, Community, Dead to Me, Blackadder, Father Ted, The Witch, Some Like It Hot, Metropolis, Akira, Howl's Moving Castle, Festen, Funny Games, The Twilight Zone . . . again it's just too all over the place

Instrument: Piano and singing (both of which I do badly)

Do you like sports? Swimming and kayaking.

Family: Parents and siblings all alive. Single, definitely will not have children in any way, shape, or form. Just not my bag.

Clothing?: Anything black or grey where I don't have to wear a bra.

How did you find this website? Google. I wanted a forum not a Facebook group so this ticked all the boxes.

Job: Unemployed. Currently doing a Graduate Diploma in Psychology.

Plans for future: Keep pursuing my psychology studies. Work on overall mental and physical health.

Random fact about myself: I never learned how to ride a bike. Just point blank refused when I was young and my parents didn't push the issue.

Hope to see many of you around.