Page 347 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 358  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 8:16 pm

Timeflyer wrote:
Current obsession--researching cities/towns on west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) with semi-affordable housing, great public transportation, higher ed. and YOUNG people so my daughter can meet a wide range of people close to her age and interests, and her Dad and I can help her become independent. Florida is not that place.

you may find that washington state in the western half has the lower cost of living of those three places, and the mildest weather in terms of not getting as cold or as hot.

iggyshiggy
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2022, 10:23 am

Hobbies and Interests: I love birding, herping, hiking, and pretty much all things outdoors (I work as an outdoor educator!). I'm also a reader and writer with particular interest in contemporary poetry. Other random stuff I'm into: jewish studies, queer studies, film, linguistics.

Why are you here? I think I'm autistic and I know I prefer being friends with non-NT people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): currently in the process of testing

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade: Undergrad English/Jewish Studies major

Favorite music: wilco, townes van zandt, talking heads, ween, steely dan, rico nasty

Books: anything by richard brautigan, jeanette winterson, eileen myles

TV shows/Movies: the lighthouse, moonstruck, a serious man, harold and maude

Instrument: i wish

Do you like sports? to play? yes. to watch? not really

Family: i have one

Clothing: i wear it

How did you find this website? through a friend

Job: educator

Plans for the future? mfa in creative writing

Any comments?

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2022, 7:18 pm

May as well, right?

What is your first name? na

Hobbies and Interests: Fishing, snowboarding, beer

Why are you here? Perspective

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not diagnosed

Favorite subjects: Anthropology, psychology

Year/Grade: HS 2001/college 2005

Favorite music: Metric

Books: Into Thin Air

TV shows/Movies: In Bruges

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Absolutely. Mariners, Blazers, Seahawks from day one.

Family: Adopted, complicated, all good though

Clothing: what you'd expect from someone who grew up in the PNW in the 80s/90s

How did you find this website?

Job: Social worker

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

Thejediwolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2022, 11:13 pm

What is your first name? Hunter

Hobbies and Interests: tattoos and tattoo tv shows in particular ink master. Wolves. Sharks, going to flea markets and estate sales before covid

Why are you here? Aspie

Favorite subjects: Drama, Film, photography

Favorite music: punk rock in espaniol (even though my Spanish is very limited)

Books: Damien by Herman Hesse, the glass menagerie by Tennessee Williams tho technically it’s a play. The practical magic books by Alice Hoffman

TV shows/Movies: ink master, Yellowjackets. the science of sleep, ghost world, toy story 1-3.

Do you like sports? The only sport I like to watch is skateboarding. I skateboarded for awhile but I taught myself and taught wrong, instead of ac regular or goofy stance, I was mongo and you can’t push with that so I could only do spin tricks and manuals. I tried to switch to regular or goofy but I felt so unbalanced and unnatural so I gave up.

Family: mom, dad, and twin

Clothing: androgynous

How did you find this website? My partner used to work with kids who were on the spectrum and they told me about it

Job:disabled (paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar)

Plans for the future? Not really because of covid I don’t leave the house much.

jfvirey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2022, 3:01 am

What is your first name? Jean-François
Hobbies and Interests: Philosophy (ethics, philosophy of mind, philosophy of religion...), science (evolution...), languages (Hebrew, Latin...), history (the historical Jesus and Christian history in general, history of ideas...), deep ecology, veganism, cats, TV documentaries and series.
Why are you here? Wrong planet.
When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): Self-diagnosed as an Aspie with an online test about two years ago. It really makes sense of who I am.
Favorite subjects: See interests.
Year/Grade: I am an English graduate. I also have a psychology degree.
Favorite music: I don't listen to music much because I am prone to earworms. Rock music makes me sick. I need to leave the room if I cannot turn it off.
Books: I read very few novels. My favorites are Tolkien, Katharine Burdekin (especially Proud Man), the Book of the New Sun. I read mostly academic books. I have many favorite authors and thinkers (Nancey Murphy, Julien Benda, Charles Renouvier, Stephen R. L. Clark, Marion Dapsance, Russell Kirk, Germain Grisez, John Finnis, William Lane Craig...), and many more I would like to explore in the future (Aurel Kolnai, John Deely, Vittorio Hosle, Lloyd Gerson...)
TV shows: Any Star Trek show with Vulcans, Broen, Shtisel, Ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex, Steins;Gate
Movies: Mostly science-fiction, with a particular fondness for time travel. I avoid movies with bad language or smoking, which is virtually all of them these days. I see movies as mostly actors modelling bad behaviour. I have a few favorites, like the old Star Trek films, Harlequin, The Elephant Man, movies by King Hu, Hayao Miyazaki, Mikio Naruse, Back to the Future... Recently, I liked Please Stand By.
Instrument: None. I used to play the piano.
Do you like sports? No. I practiced taichi for years. I stopped because of COVID. I don't want to hear anything about spectator sports.
Family: Two sisters, two half-brothers and one half-sister. My dad died three years ago. My mother is in a care home. I don't have children. I have four cats, who are very much my closest family.
Clothing: I don't care about clothing, so long as it's vegan, decent, not too bright-coloured and does not have any writing or noisy patterns on it.
How did you find this website? I was looking for people with an interest in Vulcans. I found one on this site but she has been inactive for over a decade and is unreachable.
Job: I teach English, mostly to philosophy students. Not much get taught, but I get to learn a lot.
Plans for the future? Find answers to some troubling philosophical questions and write my big Vulcan philosophy book.
Any comments? I do not know why I answered all these questions. Maybe someone in a dozen years will read this, and fail to reach me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:52 am

^^^bienvenue Jean-François, you speak better english than i do, most likely.

lols4984
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2022, 4:44 am

What is your first name? Elodie

Hobbies and Interests: I love playing mc with friends and I am interested in egyptology

Why are you here? To hopefully make some new friends

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with aspergers age 9

Favorite subjects: art and music

Year/Grade: year 7

Favorite music: not sure

Books: Heartstopper

TV shows/Movies: beastars and Bleach

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? I'm not very good at them but I liek basketball

Family: i live with my mom dad, older brother and 2 soon to be 3 dogs

Clothing: my style has been described as rock and Goth-emo or something along those lines but I'm not entirely sure what it actually is

How did you find this website? My dad told me about it

Job: im a student

Plans for the future? I want to be a trauma surgeon in future

pigzilla
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2022, 9:03 am

What is your first name?
Rena es fine. But the whole name is Renata.

Hobbies and Interests: Currently Pokemon, MCYTs, witchcraft.

Why are you here? I want to read what other people say. Soy chismosa.

When were you diagnosed?: I was diagnosed with GAD and depression two years ago. Currently, I think I may be on the spectrum, can't check it now.

Favorite music: Currently, I've been listening to Habit by Sekai no Owari everyday. I really like some Lovejoy's and Lemon Demon's songs. I know every BTS' song that exists.

Books: Right now I'm not reading anything. I need to finish my school projects first.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV, so, I miss a lot of things. I had to watch Taxi Driver recently but I didn't understand a lot of things, but visually was pretty good.

Do you like sports?: No.

Clothing: Skirts are nice.

How did you find this website?: Googled autism forums.

Plans for the future?: Be happy.

Any comments?: I like to think I'm nice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 8:25 pm

welcome to our club, Renata :) ^^^^

H_Taterz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2022, 11:28 am

I've actually been here a few months but never did this so:

What is your first name?
On a need-to-know basis.

Hobbies and Interests:
Video games, psychology & political science, computers, meteorology.

Why are you here?
To meet like-minded people.

Favorite music:
Loaded question. I don't like hard-core/gangster rap, heavy metal/screamo, or country music.

Books:
Not a big reader, but I liked Crime and Punishment, The Hate U Give, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, World War Z, and This is Where I Leave You.

TV shows/Movies:
Movies: Too many... A Man Called Uve | Antarctica: A Year on the Ice | Lars and the Real Girl | Lost in Translation, Alien & Aliens | The Thing | Hunt for the Wilderpeople | What We Do in the Shadows... and others.
TV Shows: Bojack Horseman | Umbrella Academy | Schitt's Creek

Instrument:
I can't play them, but I love the sound of cellos and violins.

Do you like sports?
No.

Video games:
Again, loaded question: Zelda series (BOTW is my fav), Final Fantasy II & VII, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Fortnite... and more.

How did you find this website?
Google?

Plans for the future?
Hopefully changing careers. Being more social. Finding my tribe.

makeshiftman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2022, 9:40 pm

What is your first name? I want to remain anonymous, so call me makeshift.

Age: Somehow I'm already 23. Feels like I haven't done sh*t.

Hobbies and Interests: I run Arch Linux. 8) :wink: I don't have a degree in software engineering but I've probably written more decent software than most graduates. I've built websites, hosted email servers, written scripts, designed circuits, and all sorts of things. Ask me if you wanna know more. Sometimes I meditate. I like long walks. Philosophy is another one of my special interests. I pick up on it very quickly. Ask me about any subtopic under the philosophy umbrella and I probably have tons to say. I do recreational mathematics because I find it fascinating. It comes easy to me. I play chess but I'm not very good at it. I like writing. I'm not sure what more to add.

Why are you here? I've known I'm autistic for years, but I'm just now realizing how big of an impact it has on my life. My whole life it's been next to impossible to find friends. I've never had more than a couple and I don't want to go the rest of my life with no friends. So I'm hoping I finally found my people here. I'm looking for long term friends, conversation partners, and people to talk about random stuff at 3:00 in the morning.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm self-diagnosed as autistic.

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, computers, psychology, sociology, politics, and environmentalism.

Year/Grade: Finished an associate degree but I'll never stop learning on my own.

Favorite music: Rap, rock, electronic, synthwave. I like a little bit of every genre. I'm still figuring it out. It depends on my mood too. Send me songs and I'll give feedback! :D

Books: Any educational nonfiction books related to my special interests.

TV shows/Movies: The Matrix, Mr. Robot, Alice in Wonderland, Rick and Morty. Anything sci-fi. Martial arts action movies. Documentaries and educational stuff on Youtube too.

Instrument: I don't know how to play any. I wish I could play piano though.

Do you like sports? I hike and swim for exercise but I'm not interested in talking about sports.

Clothing: I feel most comfortable in black and gray, but I don't really care about fashion.

How did you find this website? Search engine.

Job: I had a few jobs in the past but got fired from them all. I'm going to study ethical hacking and maybe get some certs but I'm unemployed for now.

Plans for the future? My highest goals right now are to make friends and find a career so I can be independent.

Any comments? Private message me.

Strangeflower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2022, 9:33 pm

Helloooo!
What is your first name? Kat

Hobbies and Interests: walking in parks, cooking, dancing, writing

Why are you here? I really need friends

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I wasn’t! But I’m afraid they will confuse my brain if I try to talk to somebody.

Favorite subjects: witchcraft, magick

Year/Grade:I’m not in school. I was asked to leave

Favorite music: metal and Irish punk and blue grass and primal chanting.

Books: gosh idk I read

TV shows/Movies: anything on vhs before the millennium

Instrument: cello but don’t ask me to play anything

Do you like sports? Not really!

Family: nope! Just me and my dog sully!

Clothing:lots of it!

How did you find this website? It’s not that interesting

Job: home restoration

Plans for the future? Move to Europe and leave America I hate it here.

Any comments? Please comment on me I want to make some friends. Thank you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 10:20 pm

^^^hiya strangeflower, glad you're here and you are so lucky to be able to be expatriate. :wtg:

Strangeflower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2022, 6:19 pm

What’s expatriate and thanks!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 12:14 am

Strangeflower wrote:
What’s expatriate and thanks!

you're welcome and an expat is an american that decided to move to another country to stay a long time if not permanently.

Shoalinagent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2022, 12:31 am

What is your first name?
Scott

Hobbies and Interests: Music production, 12v systems in 4wd vehicles, electronics, this can and will change frequently.

Why are you here? To see what other individuals on the spectrum have experienced

When were you diagnosed?: Just recently

Favorite music: Anything that sounds great, prefer classic rock.

Books: Jordan Peterson's 12 rules when I finally finish it

TV shows/Movies: Don't really watch it, currently like Kenobi series

Do you like sports?: No, but enjoy watching my sons play basketball

Clothing: Whatever my wife buys me, black is a preference

How did you find this website?: Google

Plans for the future?: Escape the 9-5 and see how far general force of will can get a human despite setbacks.