Page 316 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319 ... 358  Next

ManedWolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2018, 1:45 pm

What is your first name? Louise

Hobbies and Interests: Horse riding, my horse, my dog, sci-fi/fantasy movies/literature, oil painting

Why are you here? To connect with other people like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I self identify as autistic. I may seek a diagnosis in the future.

Favorite subjects: Animal behaviour, Art

Year/Grade: University drop out

Favorite music: Chelsea Wolfe, Goldfrapp, Radiohead, Laura Marling, Massive Attack, Bat for Lashes

Books: A Song of Ice & Fire, The Vampire Chronicles, Contact, The Hannibal Lector trilogy... so many

TV shows/Movies: Westworld, The Expanse, Hannibal, Twin Peaks, Interstellar, Mulholland Drive, Mad Max (all of them), Ex Machina... too many to list

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? Horse riding

Family: I have a 3 year old daughter, the rest is complicated

Clothing: Black, blue, and florals. Simple stuff that feels comfortable

How did you find this website? A Facebook support group

Job: Mother, Artist, horse training

Plans for the future? To make sure my daughter grows up to have a healthy self esteem and self confidence, to stay healthy myself, and try not to hurt anyone

Any comments? Thank you for taking the time to read my answers

InfernoFire
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2018, 2:51 am

What is your first name? Jess

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, Reading, Technology, Watching crime and thriller shows as well as Disney and Nickelodeon shows, listening to music and playing with my dog

Why are you here? To learn about other people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 1992 (I was 2 years old)

Favorite subjects: English, Cooking, Arts n Crafts and Community Access

Year/Grade: Post school disability service

Favorite music: Country music especially Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum

Books: Anything by Stephen King and James Patterson

TV shows/Movies: It changes often but right now, School of Rock TV series by Nickelodeon and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Instrument: N.A

Do you like sports? No because I also have Ehler's Danlos Syndrome and nerve pain

Family: Prefer not to say here

Clothing: Anything fluffy

How did you find this website? Through Nanowrimo website

Job: I am a client at a disability service

Plans for the future? I want to be a publish author

Any comments? I prefer her/she pronouns

oozoof
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2018, 12:41 pm

What is your first name?
I don't want to say.
Hobbies and Interests: Playing guitar, reading, listening to music, writing, and making art.
Why are you here?
I often feel very alone because no one I know has similar brain functions. Since this is an autism forum, I figured I could find people like me on here, and maybe feel less alone in the world.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
I haven't been diagnosed, but I suspect I have Asperger's. Diagnoses cost lots of money I don't have, but I would like to get one.
Favorite subjects:
History, literature, art, philosophy, music.
Favorite music:
80's new wave! I love Talking Heads, David Byrne, The Cure, Blondie, The Smiths, Morrissey, Lou Reed, The Velvet Underground (etc. etc. etc...)
Books:
Anything by Kurt Vonnegut. My favorites are Bluebeard, Cat's Cradle, and Breakfast of Champions. I also like The Picture of Dorian Grey.
TV shows/Movies:
30 Rock is my favorite sitcom of all time! I love True Stories, which is a movie David Byrne made, and also John Hughes movies (Ferris Bueller, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club.)
Instrument:
I play classical, acoustic, and electric guitar. I'd like to learn to play the bongo drums.
Do you like sports?
I like to ride my bike. I just learned how.
Clothing:
I dress eclectically. Mostly in vintage or goth/punk inspired. Lots of oranges and sweaters.
How did you find this website?
I found it when I was doing research on autism.
Plans for the future?
I want to be a musician, artist, museum curator, forensic criminologist, or some kind of ape scientist.
:D

"When things get so absurd and so stupid and so ridiculous that you just can't bear it, you cannot help but turn everything into a joke"

"Everything's intentional. It's just filling in the dots."

"Most of our lives aren't that exciting, but the drama is still going on in the small details."

- David Byrne

sithwitch
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2018, 11:53 am

What is your first name? -- Valerie

Hobbies and Interests: Programming, camping, hiking, outdoors, DIY, crafts, painting, homesteading, survival, photography, paganism.

Why are you here? Connect with people that experience similar things

When were you diagnosed?: I hope to pursue a diagnosis sometime in the next year.

Favorite subjects: art, math, and computer science

Year/Grade: graduated college years ago

Favorite music: rock, country, trance, symphonic metal, r&b, rap, pop.... eclectic tastes

Books: nonfiction books covering anything I'm currently obsessed about.

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, Lord of the Rings, Brave, Moana, The Lion King, The Matrix, Aliens, Predator, Shichinin no samurai, Casablanca... and many more.

Instrument: used to play trumpet, hope to pick up guitar and/or piano

Do you like sports? American Football is fun to watch, I'm not that great at sports, but wish I were.

Family: married, no kids yet

Clothing: Yes, I do wear clothes. Tend to go for what is comfortable, may not necessarily be fashionable.

How did you find this website? Its been recommended by several youtubers and on many online resources. don't know which I found first.

Job: Software Developer

Plans for the future? Pay for a few surgeries, start a family, buy several acres.

Any comments? Can't think of any atm.

eclipse19
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2018, 6:57 pm

What is your first name? Jenny

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, researching, nature, cooking, teaching, naps

Why are you here? To meet some like-minded individuals

When were you diagnosed?: One month ago

Favorite subjects: Everything and anything, depends on what I'm focused on at the moment

Favorite music: 80's generally but have favorites from all time periods

Books: Currently enjoying non-fiction (Freakonomics, Pema Chodron's books)

TV shows/Movies: prefer dark comedies/dramas--Breaking Bad, Shameless

Family: 1 daughter, 1 son

Job: Special Education Teacher

Plans for the future? Doctorate

MegaraUchiha
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2018, 1:49 am

What is your first name?: Pass

Hobbies and Interests: Metal music, psychology, dating sims, rping, cacti and writing stories

Why are you here? I had a friend mention this site, decided to check it out

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was 13 when I was dignosed with AS.

Favorite subjects: Math, english

Year/Grade: College

Favorite music: Helloween, Rammstein, Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, Britney Spears, and Krewella

Books: Hyperbole in and Half

TV shows/Movies: House MD, Naruto and the Hannibal Lector Quartet (I do NOT discuss that awful TV show)

Instrument: Piano and harp

Do you like sports? Tennis

Family: Yes...?

Clothing: I wear clothes. They are comfy.

How did you find this website? a friend

Job: Student/comedian

Plans for the future? Become a big comedian, just like Jim Gaffigan or Kathleen Madigan

Any comments? I like trains. (Thats an old meme, I'm sorry. I'll see myself out.)

Kellzbellzz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2018, 5:00 am

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: Archery, gardening, gaming.

Why are you here? Finding coping skills, and others who deal with the same kind of issues I deal with ^_^

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self diagnosed in June 2018 after suspecting for a few years, working on formal diagnosis at the moment.

Favorite subjects: World history, biological science, astronomy, chemistry,

Year/Grade: post college

Favorite music: celtic folk music

Books: Iron druid chronicles, The protector of the small quartet, General scifi or fantasy novels.

TV shows/Movies: Dead like me, stranger things, Game of thrones, star wars, Stevens universe

Instrument: violin, ocarina.

Do you like sports? Archery, aikido

Family: Younger brother, and a younger sister, and my grandmother.

Clothing: Perfer soft, non scratch clothing, flowing or somewhat loose. Tend to wear the same thing, or rotate 2 or 3 outfits

How did you find this website? Study

Job: Modular and price adjustments walmart over night.

Plans for the future? Continue college and go into teaching philosophy or anthropology

Any comments?
I really like this site its helped me a lot with understanding what I've been going through and I've felt more able to relate to people here than anywhere else I've really looked in the past thank you all.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Aug 2018, 5:23 am

Kellzbellzz wrote:
Any comments?
I really like this site its helped me a lot with understanding what I've been going through and I've felt more able to relate to people here than anywhere else I've really looked in the past thank you all.

Welcome to WP!

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2018, 5:26 am

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: ultrarunning, trail running, long distance motorcycle travel, camping, hiking, music, cycling

Why are you here? Level 1 Autism, GAD and SAD.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): as a child, Autism as an adult.

Favorite subjects: wood Shop, all psychology and socialoligy classes

Year/Grade: Bachelors in Park Management earned

Favorite music: punk, pop punk, folk punk, jam bands, hardcore

Books: a walk in the woods, running through the wall, im not good with books

TV shows/Movies: Raymond, King of Queens, Phantom of the Operah

Instrument: Percussion- High School = Marching Band, Concert Band, Wind Symphony, Orchestra, Pit Orchestra

Do you like sports? No, but I played Soccer and Lacrosse

Family: yes, wife and two daughters

Clothing: gray T-shirt’s and tan pants . (No jeans)

How did you find this website?
Google machine?

Job: Construction Management

Plans for the future? Move to Colorado, Travel to Alaska via motorcycle

Any comments? Hi. 8^)

Alirat
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2018, 5:04 pm

What is your first name? Alison

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, photography, computer art, Minecraft, Knitting and crochet, Numbers, the Bible, Puzzles (Cryptic crossword; sudoku; jigsaw; logic)

Why are you here? Self diagnosed AS 2 days ago after years of having 'suspicions'. Have appt for formal diagnoses in a few weeks. Read a book (Very Late Diagnosis of Autism by Phil Wylie et al) and the penny dropped. Cried. A Lot. Over my life have been diagnosed as Borderline Personality, Dissociative Identity Disorder, PTSD. Suffered 22 years of active addiction but have been clean and sober 29, and suffered much abuse and trauma. It's been a ride.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not yet - in a few weeks.

Favorite subjects: Hard to say as they come and go. I may go mad on astronomy and the IS (Spotting the International Space Station) for months and then never give it another thought. I guess numbers are the one thing I am crazy about, I recently wrote a couple of poems about numbers and number sequences.

Year/Grade: Kicked out of school at 14 - did a couple of subjects to get school cert (high school eqiv) in my 20s, couldn't be bothered. Self taught accounting.

Favorite music: Just about all music - classical, folk, country and western, gospel, modern stuff. Artists - Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Elton John.

Books: A Song of Ice and Fire series, Science Fiction, Narnia Series, Spy Novels such as john Le Carre, Writers - John Irving.

TV shows/Movies: Rick and Morty, Marvel Universe movies, AI, The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, Seven Psychopaths, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Community.

Instrument: Attempted drums during my 20s. Singing.

Do you like sports? Yechhhh!

Family: Large dysfunctional family. My mother, 90 is both awful and amazing. I have 3 children and 8 grandchildren. I'm guessing my son is on the Spectrum, and a couple of my grandchildren are. I am not a 'good mother' but am a pretty cool grandma.

Clothing: Things I like, not things that are fashionable. Into colours in the last 10 years. Prior to that all black.

How did you find this website? Via the Book I mentioned above.

Job: Freelance web design, freelance bookkeeper. With relief left my last job 3 months ago. Learned to budget so I won't have to get another thank goodness!

Plans for the future? Writing

Any comments? I am in the middle of a life changing discovery, both excited and very sad - Sad for all the bad things and misdiagnoses and the constant struggle to fit in and be normal - which was in vain. I feel at the beginning of a new journey after being freed from my expectations that one day I will be 'cured' of my anxiety and social ineptness.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 11:46 am

What is your first name? Grace

Hobbies and Interests: horseback riding, agriculture, ALL animals, reading, movies, lacrosse, running, rock climbing, writing, hand lettering, calligraphy, painting, drawing, photography,

Why are you here? Thought it looked cool

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 9yo with Aspergers (found out at 15)

Favorite subjects: none? But im good at math and english

Year/Grade: freshman in college

Favorite music: pop, little bit of rap, country (lol)

Books: too many to possibly list

TV shows/Movies: So. Many.

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? Yes. (Horseback riding counts. Fight me)

Family: Youngest of four kids :)

Clothing: Comfort over fashion cause Im in no way fashionable lol, Ive got a thing about texture so the softer the better

How did you find this website? Stumbled across it searching Google

Job: Student, amateur photographer, calligraphy/hand-lettering, farm sitting (You'd be surprised how well that pays)

Plans for the future? Cross my fingers and hope that I do well enough in college to make my parents proud of me

Any comments? This is fun! lol

Archer27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2018, 9:51 pm

Sorry for the bold here. It helps my brain understand which parts I wrote.

What is your first name?: Liam.

Location: The middle of nowhere (Lincolnshire), United Kingdom.

Hobbies and Interests: God, where to start? Genetic disorders (I know, it's weird), the Spanish language, the origin of words and names, domesticated rats, music from the 50s-80s, almost all things biology or chemistry, the history of the United Kingdom, international geography, and world events.

Why are you here?: On this Earth? Who knows. In this forum? My therapist recommended it.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): A few months ago I was told I had ASD and social anxiety by a handful of psychological professionals. I'm technically waiting for the powers that be to put it on my medical record, but there isn't a box for that on this website (lol).

Year/Grade: Year 13/12th grade.

Favorite music: 60s, 70s, 80s. I'll listen to anything though, I love absorbing information about music and hoarding lyrics.

Books: Uh, I think my favourite book ever was
probably Pride and Prejudice. Not very manly. But there we go.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV much. I like medical or police documentaries. Brooklyn Nine Nine is hilarious, though not a documentary. And I like QI and The Flash. Movies... you know, the first Mamma Mia is a strong contender here! Not into films so much, but I love Black Panther and the new Spiderman as well.

Instrument: Tiny hands impeded my dreams of piano... I can kind of play guitar and ukulele. But like... badly.

Do you like sports?: You know, I wish I could like "soccer". I really want to. But I just... can't. I do like curling though. A lot.

Family: I do have one. A mother, a father, a stepfather. I was raised by a single mother though. I have an older brother who is 20 and a younger (half) brother who is 4 months old.
And 37 cousins.

Clothing: Indeed, I wear clothing. I have to wear 4 layers whenever possible for comfort reasons. I hate summer :D. I just wear whatever doesn't make me want to rip my skin off. Normally just a vest, a t-shirt, a button down shirt over it, jeans and a hoodie. I don't own a lot of clothes.

How did you find this website?: The magical website known as Google. My therapist told me to look here to try and convince me that, maybe, somewhere in this universe, another person might relate to my experiences. Lol.

Job: Full time stressed lump. I mean, student.

Plans for the future?: Do my best to live to 20 and try to shake off my lactose intolerance.

Alirat
Raven
Raven

26 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm

Alirat wrote:
What is your first name? Alison

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, photography, computer art, Minecraft, Knitting and crochet, Numbers, the Bible, Puzzles (Cryptic crossword; sudoku; jigsaw; logic)

BIRDS! I forgot to say birds. Have bee fascinated by birds from a very young age. Spoonbills are my favourites and my least favourite are Mynah birds.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 58 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 6:38 pm

What is your first name? This is the one that makes me uncomfortable, please ask if you need it.

Hobbies and Interests: TV, movies, finishing my undergraduate degree, reading academic papers, baking, exercise, and a little bit of gardening.

Why are you here? Been here for a little while now and people seem cool enough to warrant sticking around. Seems like I can be myself here without worrying too much. Interesting conversations to be had and whatnot.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): At 12 (correctly, incorrectly as a wee babe)

Favorite subjects: Neither pop culture nor competitive (dark) arts. Just about everything else is cool. Recently mostly philosophy.

Year/Grade: Lets not talk about that, I'm a bit embarrassed by how long it's taking to finish my degree.

Favorite music: Experimental, electronica, rock (alt, classic, grunge)

Books: Larry Niven, Iain M. Banks, H.P. Lovecraft, Storm Constantine. I loved Animorphs and goosebumps as a kid.

TV shows/Movies: 100+/600+ : sci-fi > fantasy > comedy > drama. A bunch of anime in there too, but not the slice-of-life stuff, more like Akira, GiTS, Elfen Lied, Paranoia Agent, and Ghibli stuff.

Instrument: Nope :( Someday maybe I'll teach myself on a Janko keyboard.

Do you like sports? No, not really. If I pay any real attention to a game/match/event you're watching it means I love you dearly.

Family: Parents and siblings.

Clothing: For keeping warm, un-sunburnt, and the cops at bay. Camo cargo shorts and a black t-shirt with an unzipped sweatshirt seems typifying.

How did you find this website? Long time ago, unsure where.

Job: Teacher's Assistant + parental patronage.

Plans for the future? Trick some company into hiring a 30 year old fresh-graduate with little real work experience and an unusual way about him.

Floratro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Aug 2018, 3:52 pm

What is your first name? Aryan

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, maths, programming, cosmology, and Japanese language and culture kinda. Also, I sometimes watch anime and I enjoy drawing and playing the piano (although I'm not very good at either of those).

Why are you here? I'm hoping to find someone to talk to.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Probably 7 or 8 years ago.

Favorite subjects: Maths and physics. To be exact, here in the Netherlands, there are a few types of maths, two of which are maths B (very basic calculus and basically just inputting things in formulas) and maths D (actual mathematics. It's relatively challenging). Maths B is one of the worst things I've experienced at school. Maths D is my favourite subject.

Year/Grade: Sixth year of secondary school. The educational system here is quite complicated, but it's basically my final year in secondary school. I'll go to university afterwards.

Favorite music: I really like Nintendo music, lots of music from anime, and then some. At the moment I really love the band Mägo de Oz, with my favourite piece being El que quiera entender que entienda, which is about homosexuality and being who you really are.

Books: I honestly don't read as much as I should, but I'm currently reading Relativity by Einstein, which is probably gonna be my favourite book so far, and Olvidado rey Gudú by Ana María Matute, which I heard is very good.

TV shows/Movies: I love Black Mirror (I really like discussing the matters this series touches upon) and Doctor Who. My favourite movies are Mr Nobody, Interstellar and Kimi no na wa.

Instrument: Piano, but I'm very bad at it.

Do you like sports? Nope, not at all.

Clothing: Anything that's comfy and doesn't look too bad.

How did you find this website? I have no idea.

Job: None, but I hope to do tutoring in a few subjects this year.

Plans for the future? After I finish secondary school, I'll go to university for mathematics and astrophysics until I become a PhD in any of these areas (I haven't decided which yet). After that, I hope to do the study/course/whatever 'Japan studies', which is about Japan's culture, history and language. Besides, I get to go to Japan for 3 to 5 months during this study. But I don't expect to have the money to do this, sadly. But at least I'll be able to do maths and/or physics in the end!

Any comments? If you're interested in talking to me, feel free to send me a message! :)

Still_Trying
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2018, 11:50 am

Hello,

What is your first name? I won't tell

Hobbies and Interests: Cinema, Animals, Nature, Psychology, Other

Why are you here? Trying to find clues as to how to make some friends or entertain relationships with other people on the spectrum. I think it might be easier but it's not been my experience so far on various autism-related discord servers. I keep trying though and maybe it'll be different on a forum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): A few months ago. I've had various wrong diagnosis in the past though, including school phobia, social phobia, strong social anxiety, trauma, schizophrenia, and others I'm sure I forget. But now finally on the right path to better understand myself, so here I am.

Favorite subjects: I don't usually talk to anyone so I'm not sure about this one. I guess I enjoy talks about cinema, TV shows, autism, psychology/psychiatry (I hate psychoanalysis and am really saddened by it still having an influence in psychology and psychiatry cursi here in France).

Year/Grade: I'm not sure what answer is expected here but I never graduated if that's the question. I have this strange dream to validate a high school diploma equivalent and go to college but right now that's not doable for me.

Favorite music: Classical, Rock, Metal, mostly, but a lot of other stuff also in smaller quantities.

Books: I don't read anymore but when I did, I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books, the LotR books and Stephen King's The Dark Tower saga. I have read a lot of other stuff but not too memorable from the top of my head. Those past 10 or so years I haven't read nearly as much and mostly "practical" stuff.

TV shows: GoT, Stranger Things, The Terror, Breaking Bad, Westworld, Wayward Pines 1st season, Star Trek Discovery, Attack on Titans...
Movies: Too many to note but I really like anything by Denis Villeneuve and Christopher Nolan, among a lot of other films.

Instrument: No. I wish I knew piano though but I'll probably never have the patience to learn now that I'm all grown up.

Do you like sports? I don't like watching sports except Tennis which I really enjoy. I'm lucky enough to live in France where one of the 4 major Tennis tournament takes place each year so I can watch it on TV. I used to do a lot of different sports when I was younger, mainly soccer, judo, a bit of aïkido, some table tennis, a lot of very amateur cycling, some jogging, some archery, and tons of walking, but I don't really go out anymore and I feel too damaged emotionally and too depressed to get back into any of it for now. I also always quite enjoyed martial arts and combat sports like boxing in general.

Family: Both parents and an older sister, no children. A dog which I consider my best friend.

Clothing: Whatever is comfortable when I don't have to go out and meet people, which is pretty much my daily life. I hate "tight" clothes like jeans etc, I can't wear some fabrics that feel aggressive on my skin, etc.

How did you find this website? Googled "autism friendship".

Job: None.

Plans for the future? Hopefully get better and manage to connect with people here first, and in real life later.

Any comments? I hope someone would come and say hi.

Last edited by Still_Trying on 30 Aug 2018, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.