Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 11:19 pm

Atom1966 wrote:
IThanks webalina.
I have heard quite a lot of medical terminology over the years but the term meno apron doesn't ring a bell. Even Google is not familiar with it.

No, I don't think I will ask one of the physicians if I have a meno apron. That's a risk I am not willing to take.

Heheh....that term "meno apron" I think was just made up by the women on the menopause site I used to go to -- Power Surge, as in "I don't have hot flashes; I have power surges!" It really helped me out a lot, It has a format very similar to WP and I learned a whole bunch from some really nice (and some not-so-nice) women who were going through the same stuff I was.

I can't recall the link for sure, but it's either www.power-surge.com or www.power-surge.net

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

bushrat
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

Atom1966 wrote:
I usually stay well away from discussing personal stuff on a forum but in this case I just have to know.

I am 47 and since a couple of months my menstruation has completely stopped. I wonder if it has something to do with the menopause but working in health care for many years turned me into a hypochondriac so now I am worrying about the fact that it may be ovarian cancer or some other nasty and life threatening ailment. I am too scared to go to my GP because I don't think I can cope with a horrible diagnosis allthough that might not be the case at all ofcourse. I am stuck because and when it really comes down to it I don't even want to know what's going on which gives a whole new meaning to the term coward.

Has anyone here experienced menopausal symptoms?

Yep I get ratty for no reason and coffee smells horrid, kinda like when I was pregnant with my first child. You can get blood test from doctors to make sure, as 47 is still quiet young & you need to make sure you're not preggers! I'm 53 so menopause is welcome I'm sick of getting periods every month.

You can prob go to any doctor to order the blood test if you feel embarrassed talking to your usual GP, or just don't worry there are plenty of over the counter vitamins you can take to help with hot flushes etc.

take it easy on yourself
cheers
ratty