Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2014, 1:00 am

I was snapchatting my good friend who lives out of state and before ceasing contact, inquired about skyping soon. She said "tomorrow?". I responded with my work hours and that I have no other obligations. I saw that she looked at my message, but I never received a response. So are we on for skyping tomorrow or not? I would have expected at least a general time scheduling and clarification of details.but maybe she felt that no response was needed and will simply call after I am free. It's confusing. I hate to be buggy and text her AGAIN to say "so did you get my message? Are you going to call or not? Should I call or will you? Do you still have my username?" Etc. Like an impatient child. I also haaaate to be expecting to talk tomorrow when it was just a casual friendly gesture and she never actually intended to commit to it.

What does anyone think? It seems like this happens relatively often and i can never figure out if there is an implied plan or message in our convo that I don't get or if the other person just doesn't want to commit to me or just loses interest in me. It's just so confusing!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 8:07 am

You should have responded to her "tomorrow?" She was probably asking "what time, tomorrow?" She might be a busy lady.

I would send her an email, asking when it would be convenient for her to have a Skype conversation.

Or, I might even initiate a Skype. If she doesn't respond, just don't respond back, and forget about it for now.

You could discuss what happened next time you speak to her online.

maryshap
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 May 2014, 10:55 am

If she didn't want to Skype with you, she probably wouldn't have said "Tomorrow?" (She could have been vague about the possibility of doing it 'sometime,' just to be polite, but proposing a specific day, and in fact a very close one, seems to indicates that she is eager to talk to you as well.) That being the case, you should not feel shy about following up. It may be the case that she just plans to initiate the call during the hours you told her were good for you, but she most likely won't mind if you negotiate a more specific plan.