Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:51 pm

hyena wrote:
It is very rare for people to talk openly about gay relationships and gay preferences. This stuff is not trivial and some of us simply do not know how other preferences work until someone informs us. Thank you for the info.

I suppose it is rare. This is a place where you can feel free to talk as openly about gay anything as you like. I never said it was trivial. I just found it difficult to believe that you're aware of the concept of gay men existing but seem to now know the definition of what it means to be a gay man... that gay men are sexually attracted to other men, not women. That is why I wondered if your questions were serious or if this thread was just some sort of joke.

Feel free to post any other serious questions you have about anything related and if I see them I'll reply.

Manwiththecat
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2014, 11:49 pm

A bottom can masculine. sex roles doesn't defined gender.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 10:29 am

15 comics for anyone struggling to explain what it means to be queer

Take a look at #11. It might be about lesbians but the same idea can be applied to this thread.

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2014, 10:51 am

seaturtleisland wrote:

Take a look at #11. It might be about lesbians but the same idea can be applied to this thread.

though it should be noted there are some massive problems with queer as an unbrella term because it's a slur (although used less as a slur now I think, it is still a slur). Some people really don't want to be refereed to as queer because of negative experiences with the word (personally for me, it makes me shudder every time I hear it)

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 11:02 am

Alyosha wrote:
seaturtleisland wrote:

though it should be noted there are some massive problems with queer as an unbrella term because it's a slur (although used less as a slur now I think, it is still a slur). Some people really don't want to be refereed to as queer because of negative experiences with the word (personally for me, it makes me shudder every time I hear it)

Some people I've known have used it as a reclaimed slur and would be upset if anyone who hadn't been called queer used the term. It's not an umbrella term to them but they still use it.

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2014, 11:18 am

seaturtleisland wrote:
Alyosha wrote:
seaturtleisland wrote:

Some people I've known have used it as a reclaimed slur and would be upset if anyone who hadn't been called queer used the term. It's not an umbrella term to them but they still use it.

Yeah, it's just that in the article it's used and explained as an umbrella term so I wanted to make sure people who go to read it would be aware of that. I know people who use it as an umbrella term, even though I've asked them please not to. I know people who use it as a reclaimed slur, and that's fine for them. And I know a lot of people who are really upset by the term.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 3:06 pm

Alyosha wrote:
seaturtleisland wrote:

should be noted as well that there are problems with queer as an umbrella term due to postmodern liberal politics of contemporary queers that some lesbians and gay men do not agree with and do not want to be associated with. this lesbian is not queer.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 3:27 pm

I like the term queer, but even though I meet the stated qualifications for using it, I don't throw it around. I mean, I'm by no means straight despite feeling predominantly interested in women both sexually and romantically. Bisexual has too much baggage, and pansexual still sounds a little snooty to me.

I think I wouldn't like being in a relationship with anyone of either sex who felt locked into a rigid sex role, seeing as I have rather broad tastes.

RussoDario
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2019, 8:01 am

I think that to talk masculine or feminine, can be... I don't say offensive, but it cas misunderstading.

Gay in a couple both fell to be male , and in a lesbian couple both feel to be womans.

In a gay (MsM) intercorurse sex roles, where not a "male role" or "female role" but there are who prefer to do active (who do the sexual intercourse), who prefer to be passive (who receive), other who are "versaile" what like both positions (some times he will be active, another times the passive). Also if one of the partner have a "femiline" attitude.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:32 am

unit_00 wrote:
i think you are maybe conflating gender with sexuality. they are related but not the same thing. also, a person doesn't have to be feminine to like men and doesn't have to be masculine to like women. being a feminine man doesn't automatically mean you want to be penetrated, and being a masculine man doesn't automatically mean you want to penetrate.

Yes, there are both asexual masculine men and asexual feminine men who have no interest in being penetrated/penetrating at all. Some of those men are romantically attracted to men. They may have desire to kiss a man passionately, but not have sex with a man.