Do you have an imagnary partner or friend?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you have an imagnary partner or friend?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 20 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 35

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2014, 9:28 pm

I am just intrested to find out if im not alone haha, this fourm is open to anybody to post about thier thoughts on the subject. My imagnary partners name is Katie and if you any questions for me or her please do not hesitate to ask :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:35 pm

Katie's a nice name. Is she a nice lady?

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2014, 9:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Katie's a nice name. Is she a nice lady?

She said her thanks and I love the name Katie haha, she is very nice to me and understanding, I love her dearly which despite being wonderful is also hurtful but where not in denial she knows she dose not physically exist but we both believe that as long she is my head she lives also like a character in a video game.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:57 pm

I did in a vague way sometimes. When I was very lonely or depressed I'd imagine a male presence that would hold me and make me feel safe. No precise visual or name, just a presence who cared and provided refuge.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:59 pm

I have an imaginary buddy. his name is ty-kel (like jor-el). he's the one i ask advice of and says comforting things to me like "it's okay relax calm down" or scolds me "it's 2am go to bed already!"....."i like that guy" "yeah me too"....."should i go in there?" "i don't think that's a good idea"....."which of these two movies do we watch first?" "Let's do paper scissors rock *left hand rock, right hand paper* "ha i win!".... It's a fun game :D

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 10:06 pm

My imaginary friends are farm animals. I have a cow and a blue pig.

Wreck It Ralph

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2014, 10:07 pm

I used to have a Louie. But he wouldn't have accepted being imaginary. lol

Now, when I talk to myself (but usually only when I'm driving), I like to pretend there's people around listening to me. There's not, and I know there's not, so I'm not sure why pretending there is, is comforting. They aren't anyone specific, though, and they don't talk back. If I need someone to talk back I just argue/console back and forth with myself until I'm satisfied.

EverythingShimmers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2014, 10:57 pm

I had an imaginary boyfriend when I was in my early teens. He was from a particular historical era/event and had a backstory complete with an entire universe to go along with him and explain his existence. I don't think I ever fully believed he was real - but I came pretty close to it. I could "feel" a presence and stuff like that. In the end I grew out of it.

I also had (less serious) imaginary dogs when I was in elementary school.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 11:00 pm

StarsInMyMargarita wrote:

Now, when I talk to myself (but usually only when I'm driving), I like to pretend there's people around listening to me. There's not, and I know there's not, so I'm not sure why pretending there is, is comforting. They aren't anyone specific, though, and they don't talk back. If I need someone to talk back I just argue/console back and forth with myself until I'm satisfied.
I do that too, all the time though not just when driving. It is very comforting. And like another posted posted earlier, I imagine the hugs too.

I had imaginary dogs when I was little too. Dogs were my special interest when I was little.

Wreck It Ralph

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 11:10 pm

I tried to make one but my mind wouldn't accept it as real.

LittlePigLocksmith
Raven
Raven

29 May 2014, 11:39 pm

Quote:
I did in a vague way sometimes. When I was very lonely or depressed I'd imagine a male presence that would hold me and make me feel safe. No precise visual or name, just a presence who cared and provided refuge.

I've done something similar to this in the past. Actually, that's how I go to sleep a lot of the time. Most of the time, I just talk to myself though.

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 11:44 pm

No, but I often imagine what it would be like to be closer friends or partners with real people that I know

Clandestiny
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2014, 12:10 am

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I honestly think that for people on the spectrum, it really serves as a very healthy and helpful tool for introspection. I think that it also may be very helpful in curbing loneliness (not that it should be used as a way to escape social engagement, but lets face it, people on the spectrum don't always feel less lonely from engaging others, even on meaningful levels).

When I am alone, my "imaginary" friend is usually myself. I literally visualize myself while I engage myself in in-depth conversation. I do this non-stop. It allows me to organize my thoughts, give names to feelings, logically sort out problems, or even just simple daily prioritization. My "alter-ego" will talk back to me, and together we figure out what's triggering anxiety, what's causing relationship strife, what we should do for dinner. It's completely natural to me and feels instinctual.

I also, almost as frequently as I talk to "myself," will rehearse social engagements in my head. If I have to make a phone call, I or my "alter-ego" will, in my mind, engage in the phone call and in this way I'll prepare in advance. I do this for almost ALL social engagement, and this too feels instinctual. The problem however comes when an engagement triggers anxiety, or it was an engagement that already happened and was negative. I will replay the past or future event over, and over, and over, sometimes changing my responses, sometimes changing their's, or sometimes just playing the exact same conversation (only as mentioned above, I'm taking an active role in it, not playing it like a movie) whether it actually happened or not.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 1:35 am

Anybody have a crush on a real person that more or less doesn't know about it, and that you use as an imaginary friend/partner?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 1:45 am

Billy Wizz, but he disappears when I put the light on. :lol:

He's not an imaginary partner, he's not even my friend really. He's just always been there, the little s**t.

I think he helps me not be scared of the dark.

Rocket319
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2014, 3:21 am

FireyInspiration wrote:
No, but I often imagine what it would be like to be closer friends or partners with real people that I know

I'm the same way. So close and yet so far.