Still need help talking to girls on dating sites

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 2:24 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Maybe so but I don't think my experiences have been as extreme as Hockey Fan's. That might be because I'm overly cautious though. I don't take risks so nothing can ever go wrong but nothing can ever go right either.

That's only because at your age I did not talk to women, PERIOD. I was so afraid of rejection I didn't even bother talking at all. I remember looking back at 25 this friendly girl my age struck up a conversation while we were waiting for a walk light and it was absolutely pouring rain to a level I have only seen a few times in my life. What did I do? Answer her questions in a serious tone and wished her well. Ugh what a wasted opportunity that was!

aspiemike wrote:
You seem to be attracting the types who only want an ego boost at your expense. Clearly they don't care how you feel about it. Don't give in when they change back from cold to hot again. They already got the ego boost and believe they could get it again at any time they wanted.

As of last week, when a women gives me passive aggressive attitude and don't apologize I cut them from my life to the maximum extent possible with no second chances or exceptions. If they are this bad now, image being married to someone like that. No thanks!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 10:19 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
I also suspect the "opposites attract" sentiment refers to personality types... like an extrovert is more likely to keep an introvert on their toes in conversation

Oh yeah. Come to think of it I know a couple like that. Both NT. The girl is quite charismatic and the guy doesn't talk much.
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
That's only because at your age I did not talk to women, PERIOD. I was so afraid of rejection I didn't even bother talking at all.

That sounds like me at 22. Would never talk to girls in any non platonic way. I started trying at 23 and since then progress has been glacial.
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I remember looking back at 25 this friendly girl my age struck up a conversation while we were waiting for a walk light and it was absolutely pouring rain to a level I have only seen a few times in my life. What did I do? Answer her questions in a serious tone and wished her well. Ugh what a wasted opportunity that was!

You think that's bad? When I was younger girls would ask me out. Pretty girls. I'd say no because I couldn't stand the thought of being in any potentially romantic situation. Now that's what I call a wasted opportunity! :x

Like I said I'm far too old to be a noob at this.

♫ I am 26 going on 17♫