Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 12:32 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIg0cZXLV08[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 12:42 am

am disillusioned with the franchise because creator michael crichton is a climate denier. can't support him in any way.

fossil_n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2014, 1:15 am

Was a climate denier. Michael Crichton has been dead for several years. Even if he was still alive, he was a creative genius, and I don't think his politics is reason enough to not watch his stuff.

Guardedly excited about Jurrassic World. Also about movies in 2015 in general, looking forward to the first Pixar movie in two years.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 1:37 am

climate change isn't politics. it's the fate of the world.

fossil_n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2014, 1:56 am

I am a scientist. Yes climate change exists, and yes it is significantly exacerbated by humans. However, it is an immensely complex subject that both sides oversimplify to an obscene degree, and the debates that they get into are very much politics.

And Michael Crichton is dead, and I really don't think that watching Jurrassic World is in any way supporting climate denial.

In fact, you could argue very well that the Jurrassic Park franchise has done loads to support paleontology (my field). Paleontology is extremely important for understanding climate change because it allows us to see what has happened in the past with climate and compare it to modern day.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 2:23 am

If I'm still alive in 2015 sign me up.

fossil_n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2014, 2:33 am

I'm looking forward to getting to go see it with a group of my fellow paleotology friends. We'll (hopefully) enjoy it immensely while also spotting ALL of the errors.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 10:07 am

fossil_n wrote:
I'm looking forward to getting to go see it with a group of my fellow paleotology friends. We'll (hopefully) enjoy it immensely while also spotting ALL of the errors.
Errors like Velociraptor was smaller irl and that Dilophosaurus was a bit bigger and did not ave a frill or spit venom and that T-Rex would easily kill Spinosaurus with his powerful jaws and that Spinosaurus was just an over sized fish eater that hunted smaller dinosaurs. :D Also the Velocirapters in the movie are Deinonychuses to me more realistic!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 10:25 am

Since Jurassic Park is a favorite movie series of mine, I can't help but want to see what goes on here.

TheHermit
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2014, 12:10 am

fossil_n wrote:

Haha, my archaeology class did that when the latest Indiana Jones film was released. :D

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 12:50 pm

I'll just be glad to hopefully hear the movie theme after 14 years.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jun 2014, 5:12 pm

PLEASE be better than JP3.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm

fossil_n wrote:
I am a scientist. Yes climate change exists, and yes it is significantly exacerbated by humans. However, it is an immensely complex subject that both sides oversimplify to an obscene degree, and the debates that they get into are very much politics.

And Michael Crichton is dead, and I really don't think that watching Jurrassic World is in any way supporting climate denial.

In fact, you could argue very well that the Jurrassic Park franchise has done loads to support paleontology (my field). Paleontology is extremely important for understanding climate change because it allows us to see what has happened in the past with climate and compare it to modern day.

Funny thing is, George W. Bush had consulted with Crichton, a novelist, on actual science!

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 10:07 am

Who's gonna be starring in this movie though?

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 10:13 am

I like the first JP because it's quite interesting. I mean, if we were to be able to bring dinosaurs back, first where would you find all the food to feed those huge herbivores? They were HUGE. They could probably devour an entire rainforest in no time. And if there was no food for them, and they died, the predators who depend on them would also die. Then where are you going to put them? On an island? Then what about the temperature and stuff? I mean, the world was a whole different place back then. You'd probably have to recreate an entire ecosystem. Just how could people do this when we don't really know how self suporting ecosystems work? I think it could be considered a question of ethics. Apart from all this, it's just not right.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 11:02 am

The reason animals back then were bigger was because there was more oxygen in the atmosphere, according to scientists. So now, even if you could recreate them they may not get much bigger than elephants.