Anyone know anything about building gaming computers???

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 10:15 am

Alright then.

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 12:49 pm

Use a shell and power box [300 watts] to any old computer from salvage that a buisness used to use. [ Like a Gateway or generic brand.] Buy a motherboard with an intel core 2 duo processor with 2Ghz of power or more and put it in the shell. Buy 1GB or more of memory from MEMORYX.COM. Also buy some flash memory[1 GB] and get a video card [ATI AND nVIDIA cards with 128- 256MB of memory work fine.] Sound cards don`t matter unless your one is
made before 2003 or is a buget card. You also should get at least 2 80GB harddrives.
[One for XP or Vista, One to install an older operating system like Win98 for older game
support that XP doesn`t give.]

kidwiththereplaceablehead
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2007, 7:57 am

um i didnt read the other posts but don't forget ram and be careful about the type of mother board because it will determine how easy it is to upgrade and don't use the built in video card get a seperate one also ati and nvidia you can put two video cards in the one computer. im pretty sure Celeron dual core is the fastest cpu but athlon also offers dual core(sort of like 2 cpus in one) and i don't realy like Celeron overall.

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2007, 11:47 am

emachines website
check them out the T5224 works great i hear and its only $530! (Plus the computer is all you need from it and its cheap enough to get a new one every couple of years)
here is the computer:
T5224

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2007, 11:49 am

kidwiththereplaceablehead wrote:
um i didnt read the other posts but don't forget ram and be careful about the type of mother board because it will determine how easy it is to upgrade and don't use the built in video card get a seperate one also ati and nvidia you can put two video cards in the one computer. im pretty sure Celeron dual core is the fastest cpu but athlon also offers dual core(sort of like 2 cpus in one) and i don't realy like Celeron overall.
the only dual core processors are Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Extreme (the X6800 only), Pentium D, Athlon FX, Athlon X2, and Turion X2. Sempron and Celeron D are not and probally will never be dual core!

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 10:49 pm

Kcihtred2 wrote:
emachines website
check them out the T5224 works great i hear and its only $530! (Plus the computer is all you need from it and its cheap enough to get a new one every couple of years)
here is the computer:
T5224

Go to hell,pentium d is crap,so is emachines.