Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Differentialform
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2014, 2:29 pm

What kind of keyboards do you prefer?

I'm right now typing on a Unicomp model M keyboard with buckling spring keyswitches. This is my favorite keyboard and I quite enjoy typing on it.

On laptops I like the original Thinkpad keyboards (e.g., on the Thinkpad T60).

Is it important for you to type on a good keyboard?

For me it is important to have some tactile feedback when typing. I dislike the common mushy rubber dome keyswitches.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2014, 2:38 pm

I don't like PC keyboards. When it comes to laptops, my no 1 fav are the keyboards on Macs and no 2 are the Lenovo Thinkpad keyboards.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 4:28 am

Another Lenovo notebook fan here, I can type for hours on this thing.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 8:42 am

I like the original PS2 keyboards, as well as the PS2 mini keyboards for desktop computers, but some of the 1990's era IBM keyboards that have the rubber mebrane in lieu of the mechanical springs are ok, because they are still solid in their own right.

I liked the original IBM thinkpad keyboards from the late 1990's to early 2K's as they were really solid as well. --I'm currently using a small Panasonic Toughbook to type this, and it's decent enough, if a bit small, as I have very long fingers.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2014, 4:43 pm

Differentialform wrote:
What kind of keyboards do you prefer?

I'm right now typing on a Unicomp model M keyboard with buckling spring keyswitches. This is my favorite keyboard and I quite enjoy typing on it.

On laptops I like the original Thinkpad keyboards (e.g., on the Thinkpad T60).

Is it important for you to type on a good keyboard?

For me it is important to have some tactile feedback when typing. I dislike the common mushy rubber dome keyswitches.

I'm using an IBM Model M right now. I do also have a Unicomp one which is stored in the cupboard. I also tend to use a Cherry keyboard which has Cherry blue switches. That's really nice, but it requires less weight to push the key down, so changing from the IBM to the Cherry can seem strange.

aspieZim
Raven
Raven

07 Jun 2014, 12:57 pm

old school ibm model m
i like the tactile feedback i get. i can't use ordinary keyboards because i often can't tell if my keystroke registered or not. also hearing the noise my keyboard makes make me feel i'm typing faster. lol