Man Beats An 11yo for Bullying his 9yo Autistic Son

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

03 Jun 2014, 10:27 am

http://news.yahoo.com/dad-pummeled-11-o ... 17575.html - Not sure what to make of this........

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

Apparently the bully is special needs too because they are both in a special program there. Disabled children are not immune to bullying .

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 11:21 am

When I started middle school my dad had a talk with me ...

He told me, "kids who let themselves be bullied grow up to be adults who let themselves be bullied". He said, " I want you to take a bat to school, and hit the kid with it, and he won't bother you again".

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 11:31 am

Ummm, besides the dad being charged with assault, that bus driver should be fired. I was a special needs school bus driver for 2 years and NEVER would I allow a parent to get on my bus with their child. In fact, state law here forbids it without prior permission from the school district. On top of that, the driver did not even report the incident. What the hell was the driver doing, just sitting there?

As for the father, he should face charges. 2 wrongs do not make a right and the father should not have assaulted the child regardless of what was going on.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 11:40 am

I used to get bullied at school and eventually my parents got fed up of the cuts, bruises and torn uniforms so they sent me to the local Martial Arts Dojo. A few weeks afterwards one kid picked on me and I nearly broke his arm, after that the bullying stopped.

However, Grown men beating up eleven year old kids, I don't care if your son is an aspie or not that guy deserves jail time.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 1:25 pm

I've been a victim of bullying my whole life. I don't like it. It hurts. I get really, really, really sick of being the good-natured victim and waiting for my Eternal Reward. To be frank, I'd much rather have Earthly Peace, and I'd probably settle for Worldly Vengeance.

But you DO NOT solve the problem by being a bigger bully. That's the attitude that got us this problem in the first place.

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2014, 2:27 pm

I wish my parents had beaten up my bullies rather than beating me.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 Jun 2014, 3:42 pm

Doesn't sound like he beat or pummeled the kid, kind of sensationalist headline. Obviously you shouldn't do that but it's a failure on the school and the bus's part for allowing bullying to occur in the first place. Bet that kid aint bullying anybody anymore tho.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 5:35 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

He told me, "kids who let themselves be bullied grow up to be adults who let themselves be bullied". He said, " I want you to take a bat to school, and hit the kid with it, and he won't bother you again".

with all respect to him,his comment was BS.
am a survivor of severe lifelong bullying due to being obviously disabled, had been suspended many times from school for fighting bullies and even attacked by a crazy parent of one bully for fighting back their precious little sht and was bullied every day in the community to the point have got PTSD and have to take PRN anti anxiety medication whenever go into the area.

have always fought back,am really not one to mess around with but people still do because theyre so damn prejudiced of people with severe mental disability.
even now-am still bullied online,was severely bullied online by a now banned WP user;was groomed by them,taken advantage of then spat out and bullied when they got what they want,it ended up escalating to the point it caused such extreme challenging behavior was pinned down by ten police officers and detained in a intelectual disability hospital for four months and ended up losing the best residential centre placement had ever had.

bullying isnt always about being to scared/weak to stand up to it although that parent shoudnt have beaten another kid; especialy as they have special needs themselves.
in the UK what the man did woud end up getting him put on the POCA list and woud cause social services to assess their ability to parent their own special needs child,possibly removing him from the home.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 9:55 pm

Yeah, I fought back against the bullies once or twice. I got detention (more than the bully got, because their friends lied for them).

I don't condone grown men beating 11-year-olds but there need to be consequences for bullies, and expecting their victims to mete it out doesn't cut it. We have laws to protect adults from harassment and assault, but kids are expected to live by the law of the jungle. Unacceptable.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 11:47 pm

As bad as it might sound, if another kid was bullying my daughter - who is also autistic - I would be very tempted to do something rash if action was not taken by the school.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

am a survivor of severe lifelong bullying due to being obviously disabled, had been suspended many times from school for fighting bullies and even attacked by a crazy parent of one bully for fighting back their precious little sht and was bullied every day in the community to the point have got PTSD and have to take PRN anti anxiety medication whenever go into the area.

You say the comment is B.S., then you say you fought back? :?

The assertion was regarding abused people who don't fight back (i.e., let themselves be bullied). Will people who learn to "turn the over cheek", "suck it up" in the face of abuse maintain these practices as adults also ? The assertion was that they will.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 7:41 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

You say the comment is B.S., then you say you fought back? :?

The assertion was regarding abused people who don't fight back (i.e., let themselves be bullied). Will people who learn to "turn the over cheek", "suck it up" in the face of abuse maintain these practices as adults also ? The assertion was that they will.

yeah,fought back physicaly,every time and was still bullied-its never stopped even now am still bullied in different ways.
this means that fighting back against bullies does not automaticaly cure bullying.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Ghostgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2014, 1:29 pm

Have to wonder if the parent is special needs also, any adult who punishes someone elses child needs a time out in the county lock up

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 1:56 pm

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
... one kid picked on me and I nearly broke his arm, after that the bullying stopped.

At junior school (when I was aged around 9) another kid aged around 10 used to bully me and all the other kids, steal our sweets and pocket money. One day I'd had enough and I actually did break his arm! His arm was in a plaster cast for weeks and he never ever bullied me or anyone else again after that. I nearly killed another bully at the secondary school - that frightened me more than him... he lay unconscious on the ground for several minutes before finally regaining consciousness (much to my relief) - he never bullied me again after that. I lost count of how many fights I got into while at school. One guy pushed me down a flight of stairs another knocked me onto the road into the path of an oncoming car, several death threats. I was a magnet for bullies and name callers for some reason but it usually resulted in me getting angry and fighting them busting lips, giving them black eyes or flattened noses. Trouble was, the more fights I got into the more it seemed to attract other (older) kids to try their luck too. I was glad to get out of that school in the end and move on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 2:24 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
... one kid picked on me and I nearly broke his arm, after that the bullying stopped.

At junior school (when I was aged around 9) another kid aged around 10 used to bully me and all the other kids, steal our sweets and pocket money. One day I'd had enough and I actually did break his arm! His arm was in a plaster cast for weeks and he never ever bullied me or anyone else again after that. I nearly killed another bully at the secondary school - that frightened me more than him... he lay unconscious on the ground for several minutes before finally regaining consciousness (much to my relief) - he never bullied me again after that. I lost count of how many fights I got into while at school. One guy pushed me down a flight of stairs another knocked me onto the road into the path of an oncoming car, several death threats. I was a magnet for bullies and name callers for some reason but it usually resulted in me getting angry and fighting them busting lips, giving them black eyes or flattened noses. Trouble was, the more fights I got into the more it seemed to attract other (older) kids to try their luck too. I was glad to get out of that school in the end and move on.

Geez, you'd think they would have learned.