Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MonsterGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm

I feel like my life is boring now that it doesn't have that many problems. I went through a really tough period, but in the end I pulled through and emerged victorious. But now I've lost the drive to succeed, because there's no enemy, or boogeyman to look at. And because I've stoped so much activity that I stopped other activities, too, out of laziness. I used to be the world's best researcher, now all I research is yahoo answers and the first 8 minutes of a video of why some catholic, other christian, or atheist converted to islam. should i feel happy that im bored, because that's a luxury, and what should i use to utilize my potential?

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:16 pm

Read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 7:55 am

I've still got most of my problems - I think I've probably just accepted them or realized that there's no solving many of them.

I think you could be referring to an "executive function" issue. I've always had this to some degree, but it really kicked in with a vengeance after some sort of "aspie burnout" over a decade ago. Now, like you, I spend a lot of time flitting between internet sites. Probably learning quite a lot in one way, but I really wish I could regain a more productive sense of purpose.

PS. By coincidence, I borrowed M. Aurelius's "Meditations" from my local library a few weeks ago, but never found the motivation even to read the first page lol!