Does anyone else love foods like pumpkin pie, pea soup...

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

25 Feb 2007, 10:45 am

Oh I guess since this topic is on textures you like. I put potatoes in some split pea soup and found the texture difference unpleasant.

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2007, 11:40 am

As long as if I don't have to chew, I'm good.
I LOVE pea soup and mashed potatoes. Not too sure about pumpkin pie... I've never had it.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2007, 12:01 pm

i love pumpkin pie, not pea soup though..<blech> unfortunately, on my side of the world, 'tis no longer the season for it..least not till october..all the reason for me to go to my local grocer and buy several! that should get some heads scratching!

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 12:52 pm

BeautyWithin wrote:
As long as if I don't have to chew, I'm good.
I LOVE pea soup and mashed potatoes. Not too sure about pumpkin pie... I've never had it.

Pumpkin pie almost melts in your mouth. I've also not heard of any allergies to pumpkin. You should try it.

Steve

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 2:52 pm

I love mashed potato, I will never get sick of it (or any other form of potato for that matter, one of my staple foods). Pea soup is ok I guess, but am not sure about pumpkin pie. Pumpkin soup is really nice though as is butternut squash soup (the two are very similar but the butternut squash soup is slightly sweeter). They have nice creamy, but bitty textures to them, a bit like leek and potato soup which is gorgeous.

By the way Megalomaniac, love your username. Take the 'c' off the end of it and that would be the title of one of my favourite Muse songs :D

blackthorne
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Feb 2007, 3:21 pm

I find the texture of the crust at the bottom of pumpkin pie irresistable

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 3:26 pm

Never had pumpkin pie or pea soup, but I love uk mushy peas/peasepudding. I seem to like a variety of textures, but abhor anything gritty. I love strong tastes, either salty or sweet, especially seafood and chocolate mousse. I love oat bars right now as they are... hmm, sort of chewy but crunchy at the same time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 4:40 pm

I love mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.

QuickPaw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2007, 11:40 am

I love mashed potatoes, both kinds and pumpkin pie. I tolerate peas. On the subject of texture I absolutely hated canned peaches. Anyone else feel that way?

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 3:00 pm

Pudding is also a good comfort food.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 6:18 pm

Ah! Texture!

Generally speaking, I'll enjoy (or put up with) any appearance, smell, taste or noise(!) from my food, but if the texture is wrong, I'll hate it.

I used be be a wildly "picky" eater, but nowadays just about the only thing I flatly refuse to eat is "congealed white of egg", as in fried or boiled. I [i]love[/] omelette.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 6:45 pm

So AS people have an affinity with texture?
-no wonder I hate some foods and love others.... isn't this normal for the rest of the population aswell?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 7:10 pm

I've never had (and don't want to try) pea soup, pumpkin pie is okay, and I hate potatoes with a passion. It just feels weird. In fact, I don't even like fries!

lau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 8:05 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I've never had (and don't want to try) pea soup

Oh, you should always try things. In fact, with all my most hated foods, I still try them out once in a while, just to confirm why I hate them!

I used to hate ALL green vegetables, all root vegetables (bar potatoes and raw carrots).
(What's that "used to" doing there? I still hate them all, bar for a couple of exceptions, see below).

In fact, it used to be much easier to list the things that I would eat: sausage, baked beans and mash.

I'm really glad I tried broccoli, as that's superb (very lightly cooked, or raw), and I also now like spinach (but only if it is boiled to death in a sag Madras!). I still utterly loathe sprouts and spring greens.

Back to the pea soup... which can be very nice. It's not at all like "squashed peas". It's quite smooth, with quite a bland taste, which you can season as you like.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 9:22 pm

Lau wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
I've never had (and don't want to try) pea soup

Oh, you should always try things. In fact, with all my most hated foods, I still try them out once in a while, just to confirm why I hate them!

I used to hate ALL green vegetables, all root vegetables (bar potatoes and raw carrots).
(What's that "used to" doing there? I still hate them all, bar for a couple of exceptions, see below).

In fact, it used to be much easier to list the things that I would eat: sausage, baked beans and mash.

I'm really glad I tried broccoli, as that's superb (very lightly cooked, or raw), and I also now like spinach (but only if it is boiled to death in a sag Madras!). I still utterly loathe sprouts and spring greens.

Back to the pea soup... which can be very nice. It's not at all like "squashed peas". It's quite smooth, with quite a bland taste, which you can season as you like.

Yeah, but I hate peas. I had some recently and spit them out. Let's just say I am not a vegetable person. The only veggies I'll eat are olives, tomatoes (although they're technically a fruit), and dark green lettuce leaves.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2007, 11:57 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Yeah, but I hate peas. I had some recently and spit them out. Let's just say I am not a vegetable person. The only veggies I'll eat are olives, tomatoes (although they're technically a fruit), and dark green lettuce leaves.

The "hating peas" is what I was talking about. They are indeed one of my least favourite vegetables too. For starters, they're green! As "pea soup" though, you have different taste, texture, colour and smell. Not forgetting to mention that it's a lot quieter, too.

Olives - they almost have to be black, un-pitted for me. The ones with bits of pepper stuck inside seem so... pointless.

Tomatoes - I guess I wouldn't starve if you took them away, but I'd certainly eat less. (I once met someone who ordered pizza "without tomatoes". Weird. Technically, "pizza" is Italian for "Tomato Pie". So he wanted something like "Pea soup, but without the peas". Hey! You'd like that!)

Dark green lettuce leaves - a bit "in two minds" about that. On the plus side they're raw/cold (I hate, hate, hate "warm" salad), but on the minus side... well... they're green again. Raw white cabbage I'm happy with.