Page 10 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 8:57 am

And here I am on the Aspersion singles list :mrgreen:

My name is Frank, I am almost 33 years old, and was born and raised in Germany. Two years ago I moved to the beautiful state of Michigan to establish a life with my then-wife. This has, unfortunately, come to a cruel end, but I know that it was necessary.

I am on the high-functioning end of the spectrum (Asperger's) and suffer from severe anxiety, depression, ADHD (the inattentive type) and very likely (yet undiagnosed) bipolar 2.

I am currently a student at a community college and will very likely transfer to Wayne State University to major in Psychology.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I have hobbies, since I'd rather consider them intense special interests, but, ignoring the terminology, I love composing music, creative writing (short stories, movie scripts), reading (fiction and non-fiction), painting (acrylics, watercolors), drawing, mathematics, psychology, movies.

I don't really know whether I am looking for anything on here, but conversations are always welcome.

PurpleJillybeans
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm

The odds of success are pretty low, but hey, anything's worth a shot!

My name is Jill. 33-year-old trans woman from Grand Haven, MI. She/her pronouns. Diagnosed with ASD-L1 and GAD. I'm a panromantic asexual, mainly interested in feminine-presenting people but somewhat flexible. I'm active in the local kink scene, though my specific interests are a bit obscure. Working as a newspaper carrier while studying to become a social worker. My work and school schedules usually have me sleeping through the day, waking up in the late afternoon, and staying up overnight.

I'm into reading, retro video games, road trips, naps, and cuddles. And, about that last one - I'm a massively touch-driven person. Touch is more than just my love language; it's the primary way I connect with people I care about, to the point that I feel uncomfortable around people I can't share it with. If you like the idea of having a partner who wants to cuddle with you non-stop, we should talk!

I also consider myself polyamorous. I feel like the idea of having one partner that satisfies your every need and desire is an unrealistic fantasy, and don't feel like people should be possessive of their partners. As far as I'm concerned, I want the people in my life to feel happy and fulfilled, and should feel free to satisfy whatever needs I can't, as long as they don't end up abandoning me completely.

I'm terrible at reaching out and starting conversations (like most of us here, I suspect), so don't hesitate to send me a note if something I wrote piques your interest. Tell me about the last new place you went! :heart:

Also, I'll edit this post if I'm no longer looking for someone, so if it's still here, I'm still available!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

PurpleJillybeans wrote:
Also, I'll edit this post if I'm no longer looking for someone, so if it's still here, I'm still available!

Sadly, you can't. Posts can only be edited shortly after you make them (30 or 60 minutes I think?).

PurpleJillybeans
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2018, 3:18 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
PurpleJillybeans wrote:

Sadly, you can't. Posts can only be edited shortly after you make them (30 or 60 minutes I think?).

It looks like I can still edit it. Same with posts I made a few weeks ago.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 4:34 pm

Weird.

I just checked, some of my posts I can still edit, some I cannot...

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2018, 3:19 pm

Here goes. Alright so my name James and I'm 18 years old. I'm originally from Colorado, but I've lived in Arizona for 8 years. I'm a student at my local community college and I plan on pursuing a degree in computer science. I'm looking to get into a programming career, although I might also go for cyber security. I'm really into reading, mostly history and sci-fi, playing video games, messing around with and learning about computers, politics(I'm pretty left-wing, but I'm open to meeting people further right on the spectrum), and listening to music.

I have Asperger's and have been diagnosed for a few months at this point. Oh and I also have anxiety and depression too. I'm really looking for anything and I'm into women but open to transgender folks as well. I'm also big into touch. Not sure how I'd post a picture, but if I knew I'd post one.

Sean0000
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2018, 10:56 pm

Really serious about finding life partner.

So we can truly understand one another and not have simple quirks be judged.

Message me on here if you want, but id prefer Skype call Sean0000Talk just push self to contact and if feel awkward/anxious just hang up no problem..

jatok2013
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2018, 4:29 am

Is there one person in San Francisco, CA, just one person? This being and Asperger forum for the most part, I wonder if anyone exists at my level without having to give myself up to some program. It would be nice having someone on my level to explore hotels and churches with as a childish personality. I get great reception by the normies in most places I go too and the boat captains are great people and handle us very well. I get greeted when I'm around the fishing boats on most days. The shop keeps and the magicians at Pier 39 are getting to know me. I just want a buddy to join me on my adventures in the city by the Gay, I mean Bay. I don't have Asperger's, I'm autistic and very young at heart. Eternally, I'm a 7 year child.

The ladies do love it when you take your disabled friend with you. I have noticed that ladies or guys tend to find my carers quite attractive. Since I can't hide my disability, anyone seen as caring for me gets lady attention if they approach the women or guys, depends on what you want. I guess I'm a chick magnet. I'm an accessory or something. If anyone lives in the SF Bay Area, and they want ladies, let me know and we'll frequent fancy hotels with pretty wait staff.

jonesthecat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2019, 4:23 am

There are waaaaaaay to many single men and not enough suitable women to go around, just like real life!

if there is anyone else in their mid 30s, are there really any suitable places to meet potential companions that just dosnt turn into yet another sausage fest?

I was actually considering approaching a match making company or a speed dating event, but I remember being dettered in the past since I was not really ready to support anyone else in a relationship especially since my work situation was erratic as a casual with a few different companies.

any one got advice?

Pavona
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2019, 6:30 am

Hi - I’m a 24-year-old female, straight, in the UK. It would be nice to chat to anyone who shares my interests.

I’m interested in art, films, literature, languages, science, and rock music. I love writing, conversation, and being outdoors in nature.

Message me if you would like to talk. :)

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2019, 9:04 am

I'm Andrew Lewis. But I prefer to be called Drew. I'm 30 year's old. I live in Shelbyville, KY USA. I love art, cartoon animation, animals, manga\comics and video games. I've been single for a long time, and I hope to finally meet a soulmate.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 11:26 am

I'm just going to say once again, I am single.
I'm not looking for anybody right away and definitely would take things slow.
I have a child is the big reason.
He's a baby.
I love nature and arts and crafts.
I have noise sensitivities.
Like I said, I'm not looking for anyone right away.
Actually, I should be looking for more friend type people.
I just wanted to post my status for the future.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 2:33 pm

Hey, just wondering.
Any one considered splitting up the singles list into categories
i.e.

men looking for woman
men looking for men
woman looking for woman
woman looking for men
and others..

just thought that this may be more efficient

especially from a guys perspective
as this would mean that people would not have to go through big lists of men who they are not interested in in that way
and can simply look at the list of eligible woman (well.... at least the 2 on the forum.... from the hundreds of clueless men like me.... lol)....

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2019, 3:04 pm

Single,fit,60kg's,5'9,never married,no kids,monogamous,50yrs young.

Recently relocated to south west Victoria,Australia.

Semi-retired,zero interest in the capitalist system.

Spiritually awakened,guided and connected.

Love animals and nature.

Love simplicity and self sustainability.

Feel free to message if your on the same page.: )

kjcowan88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2019, 1:01 pm

Hello,
My name is Kat. I'm 30 and I live in Eugene, OR. I'm originally from Richmond, VA. I'm a botany student at LCC, looking to eventually transfer to OSU to earn my PhD. I'm 5'1" with a Marilyn Monroe body and weigh about 120. I have big blue eyes and long brown hair. I love art, video games, anime, meditation, gardening/growing gourmet mushrooms, medicinal herbs, sex within a relationship, acting goofy with my partner, weird random YouTube videos, hiking, camping, traveling, going out for drinks/dinner, movies, vegetarianism and lifting weights. I'm looking for a good man who hopefully has the same interests. Message me if you think you're a match. Come and get me cutie :heart: :wink: :!:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2019, 3:16 pm

Just to put a word out there again:

I've had ups and downs, and for most of my 30's I've avoided dating like the plague. I think I avoided it primarily because I found that, after a youth filled with rather disastrous interactions with NT women (them liking my looks but then not liking my personality, on repeat to the point of damage), that when I tried meeting people on EHarmony it became really clear that if I wasn't completely attracted I got cold feet and sketched out, and yes - I'd pretty much ghost girls I'd gotten close to on a personal level and I hated myself for that.

The real ethical challenge for me is that if I'm getting close to someone it's because we like and respect each other, if it weren't that way then we wouldn't be talking to begin with. So the idea of actually hurting people who I'd like and having no impact on those I don't like really bothers me. I also had some long-distance dating experiences that showed me the problems with building foundations of a relationship long-distance and online.

If I can give anyone advice on dating long-distance - at some point in the online relationship, before you invest the time and money to meet, you really need to webcam. I say that for a couple reasons - a) you need to be familiar with each other's nonverbal communication and energy and b) you need to see if there's chemistry over and above the intellectual attraction. Short of that you meet eachother and the lack of such preparation and ground work hits you like a ton of bricks.

That said - if anyone does find me interesting or attractive, I need to say it up front - I'm slow-burn. Best way for us to kick something off is talking about mutual interests and enjoying each other's company in those conversations. I'm in the mid-west US near the great lakes, will be turning 40 this year, and so it's probably best - if long distance - to stay within 500 to 1,000 miles.

I wish the best to everyone on here trying to date. It's not easy. Finding people who not only have compatible temperaments but can also can roll with your life changes, are flexible enough to buffer your oddities and you have the flexibility to buffer theirs - it's not easy. Keep up the good work and hopefully even if nothing pans out know that you're among hundreds of thousands, even more, who are in the same boat and that you're never alone in the profound sense of the word.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin