Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

"How was your day?"

Pretty much exactly the same as every day before it, but you already know that, so why are you asking? I keep telling my parents that if I have something interesting to report about my day, I'll tell them, but they keep asking me that stupid question anyway.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 12:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I happen to like thunderstorms LOL

Thunderstorms are the greatest! The smell in the cool air. The flashes and lightning. I hate to admit this but some of the best sex I EVER had was during thunderstorms. :bounce:

Ok, my mind is going where I do not wish it to atm. Time to mess with some radios..... :roll:

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

Jabberwokky wrote:
"Looks like its going to rain."

"Hot enough for you?"

Jijifranko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

I dislike having to engage (or overhear) chit-chat related to football/soccer, unless my father and brother talk about it. They manage to draw out some humour from what is an otherwise arid, fatuous and over-esteemed subject.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 3:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I happen to like thunderstorms LOL

Lightning hit my house once. Luckily we had a copper wire ground whatever its called, so the house didn't catch on fire or anything, but IT HURTS! lol as if someone had been hitting my head with a phone book ... and then my little Christmas bear started playing music eventho the batteries had been dead for months ... and it also damaged almost everything that was plugged in, telephone, tv, lamps, my computer, etc. (after that I bought a surge protector for my computer)

My husband is like you tho, he likes thunderstorms, but I'm always a little worried when there is one lol.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2014, 4:10 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
"How was your day?"

Pretty much exactly the same as every day before it, but you already know that, so why are you asking? I keep telling my parents that if I have something interesting to report about my day, I'll tell them, but they keep asking me that stupid question anyway.

I hate it when people ask you how you're doing. They don't really want to know, so I don't understand why they ask. The only response they want to hear is "fine". If you're doing badly, they don't want to know, so why ask? I might be having a sh***y day/week and I might not want to have to force myself to hide it by saying I'm fine, but you don't want to hear anything other than "fine". :x

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 4:44 pm

Jijifranko wrote:
I dislike having to engage (or overhear) chit-chat related to football/soccer, unless my father and brother talk about it. They manage to draw out some humour from what is an otherwise arid, fatuous and over-esteemed subject.

It's a funny old game, Brian.....

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 5:00 pm

I don't mind the weather talk, at least that is something I can comprehend and relate to.

What I hate are meaningless questions like: "You staying busy?" What does that even mean? Busy doing what?

And when people start talking about personal stuff (their kids, their dog, their sick relative, etc.) I have no friggin idea what to say. I just feel trapped.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:09 pm

Gee in all the years I spent going to school with autistic kids.....none of them ever said things like "Looks like its going to rain." No never anything like that.... only "NT" people say things like that :roll:

Oh and once again, on my "NT" forum, the person who has something to say about the weather every single day is....and Aspie.

Last edited by EzraS on 12 Jun 2014, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:13 pm

EzraS wrote:
Gee in all the years I spent going to school with autistic kids.....none of them ever said things like "Looks like its going to rain." No never anything like that.... only "NT" people say things like that :roll:

Kids don't say things like that, not NT (non-autistic) kids either, its something adults do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:18 pm

Shadi2 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Kids don't say things like that, not NT (non-autistic) kids either, its something adults do.

I guess I must have been going to school with adults masquerading as kids then.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shadi2 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Sorry I didn't know you were referring to adults. I just meant I never heard a kid say "looks like its going to rain", nor an adult say something like that to a kid, I've only seen adults say things like that when they talk to each other.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shadi2 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Haha you are turning into such a little smart ass (or maybe you always were one). :D

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:43 pm

Said to me: "Well, it's not the heat, it's the humidity!"

The reply that never leaves my head: "Noooo! Boy, I think you're onto something, there! I definitely think you should go home immediately and write an email to the local paper telling them of this startling revelation! Right now! Go! Before you forget it! Don't worry about keeping to the speed limit, run all the red lights and stop signs! Just get this done!"

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 8:13 pm

"How are you"

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 8:26 pm

B19 wrote:
"How are you"

Doing without and you? :alien: