Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2014, 9:11 am

Hey all,

Quick question. Do many of you guys/girls experience anger outbursts? I don't mean just feelings of anger, I mean like getting so angry that you punch walls, doors etc. I had an outburst today. Not had one in a while but today was a significant one. I ended up screaming at the top of my lungs so hard that I nearly passed out, and then attacked the wardrobe door. Knuckles are pretty messed up now.

I was reading that this is common in some Aspies, but wanted to chat directly to those who do this, and how you avoid getting into an outburst.

For the record, I've never had an outbursts on a human. It's just objects such as doors, wardrobes, walls etc

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 9:15 am

My dad always has, even now that he's 53. He isn't officially diagnosed with anything though.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 11:05 am

I do but I just rant and scream mostly. It's usually triggered by frustration with other humans although I don't vent my frustration on said humans.

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2014, 11:36 am

bumble wrote:
I do but I just rant and scream mostly. It's usually triggered by frustration with other humans although I don't vent my frustration on said humans.

I can totally relate to that. In most cases it's been other humans that triggered mine.

thechameleon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2014, 2:33 pm

jayjayuk wrote:
Hey all,

Quick question. Do many of you guys/girls experience anger outbursts? I don't mean just feelings of anger, I mean like getting so angry that you punch walls, doors etc. I had an outburst today. Not had one in a while but today was a significant one. I ended up screaming at the top of my lungs so hard that I nearly passed out, and then attacked the wardrobe door. Knuckles are pretty messed up now.

I was reading that this is common in some Aspies, but wanted to chat directly to those who do this, and how you avoid getting into an outburst.

For the record, I've never had an outbursts on a human. It's just objects such as doors, wardrobes, walls etc

Today someone was calling me from the other side of the house. I didn't acknowledge that I had heard them, so they yelled out again, from the other side of the house. At which point I opened my door and abused them (verbally, I mean.) As if it was common sense that I'd heard them and that I didn't care and they were somehow therefore a terrible person.
I'm not even really sure why, I'm fine with people calling out for me, I'd usually go over and see what they want. And I didn't acknowledge that I'd heard them so of course they'd try again. They did nothing wrong, yet I was taking my stress out on them by saying nasty things.

I find I tend to do it only I'm stressed, I'll randomly burst out at someone or something. When it's a real person it'll be verbally. When it's something, say, online, it'll be an object I take it out on. (My bed is the victim of multiple assaults.)

I'm fairly sure if I ever mention tests around my family they suddenly don't bother me now, too. :oops:

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 2:45 pm

jayjayuk wrote:
Hey all,

Yes. Just as you describe.

I try to remove myself from the presence of really irritating people and situations.

When pushed to my limits, I try to inform people that I am pushed to my limits.

I am about 1.9 meters tall, not slight, and have expressive eyebrows, so people tend to take the hint when I begin to reveal that I am not entirely pleased. I am told I can be scary.

I try very hard to extricate myself from those situations and only very rarely end up damaging a wall or door (n=5 in `49 years)

I have probably ended up shouting (or sometimes roaring incoherently) a little more often. I am barrel chested and have a huge lung capacity and the effect of shouting in anger is also quite strong. People don't tend to interfere with me at such moments, thank goodness.

I thought that I never displayed any of this kind of anger at work, but my AS boss told me that she knew I probably had some form of HFA as soon as she saw the first meltdown at work and put it together with all the other stuff.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 3:50 pm

jayjayuk wrote:
bumble wrote:

I can totally relate to that. In most cases it's been other humans that triggered mine.

I tend to find things are easier to work with than human beings. If a certain environment or noise upsets me I can avoid it (or prepare if I know I can't). Humans on the other hand are unpredictable and prone to bizarre ways of thinking. They also insist on sticking to their social behaviours even when it causes a person harm or pain to another living creature....

They don't seem to understand things.

And that's only part of it...

Frustrating!

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 9:35 pm

My outbursts usually happen when I get upset over something and then I start yelling, sometimes I know I'm doing it but I can't stop.