Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 4:49 pm

Oh my gosh.

There certainly are quite a few arguments in the Women's Discussion subforum. :?

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 7:28 pm

MindBlind wrote:
I don't know how anybody could have gotten the idea that my post was judgemental. I've already taken responsibility for my generalized language and perhaps assuming a few things about others, but please don't make assumptions about my intentions or attitude. I don't care how you read it - your interpretation is wrong.

How did I get the idea that your post was judgmental ? From your choice of words and from your assumptions about why anyone would want anything you supposedly resent !

For example, you assumed - as a given - that women wanting bigger breasts are *insecure* about their body image ! Isn't that being judgmental ?

In some cultures, a full figure is considered beautiful and desirable. Full figures are also considered to be a sign of health and fertility. Not every woman lives in anorexic America. Maybe they want to be fuller figured because they WANT to be considered beautiful, healthy and even fecund ? Just like some American women don't want to be considered FAT, in other cultures, some women don't want to be considered THIN. Possible ? Is it wrong to want to be considered beautiful and healthy ?

MindBlind wrote:
But if you want to know how this all affects me, fine - I will explain. Besides the fact that I'm curious, people with large breasts are often chastised for complaining about their size. In my experience, people say I should feel lucky. So maybe I just want to understand what makes big boobs so great and what makes smaller ones so bad? I'm not asking so I can feel better about myself - I just want to get it so that maybe I can get some closure on this issue.

And maybe flat chested women are tired of being asked if they are really boys disguised as women ? Maybe they just want to be considered feminine by the folks around them ? Is there any reason that their experiences and realities are any less valid than yours ? I ask this in all seriousness and mean no disrespect, I honestly am just curious to know.

One size - in this case - literally does NOT fit all. Again, this is not to make a blanket statement that being big breasted is good, as your experiences are obviously different. You are absolutely entitled to your views. Just like small breasted women are entitled to theirs ! I will tell you that what REALLY bothered me about your posts was your speculation that women who want big breasts are insecure and unhappy with their body image, which is quite ironical because you don't sound too happy with your own body image, and you are not small chested !

To each her own, and as I love to say, the grass on the other side is always greener.

MindBlind wrote:
i honestly don't care if you hate your breasts, at the end of the day - its your body. And if you don't want to explain it - if you think you shouldn't have to - guess what? You don't have to respond. You can ignore the message. Or you can leave a message telling me to go f**k myself. That's fine with me. But others are clearly willing to answer the question, whether you think I should know the answer or not.

See, this is why I said you are judgmental. You assume that I *must* hate my breasts, because I am objecting to your views ! Is it possible at all that I may simply be playing the Devil's Advocate ?

It is hard to really get the tone of another person's post on a web forum, so I will clarify that I am not being rude or mean or snarky. I am posting all this as a matter-of-fact, and I intend no disrespect, so please bear that in mind while reading my missives to you.

In case you are wondering if I am typing all this out as a flat chested woman, the truthful, honest-to-God answer is that NO, I am far from being flat chested, and I haven't been flat chested since I was 14 years old ! :lol:

But I do like stirring the pot from time to time ! !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jun 2014, 12:44 am

ReticentJaeger wrote:
Oh my gosh.

There certainly are quite a few arguments in the Women's Discussion subforum. :?

That tends to happen a lot in here.

My input - I hate having boobs. They suck. If other people like them big, I honestly don't care. That is all.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 12:49 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
Oh my gosh.

My input - I hate having boobs. They suck. If other people like them big, I honestly don't care. That is all.

Same here. I don't even have much reason to complain; I'm a proud A-cup. I certainly don't wish they were bigger, but rather that they weren't there at all.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jun 2014, 1:51 am

ReticentJaeger wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
Oh my gosh.

Same here. I don't even have much reason to complain; I'm a proud A-cup. I certainly don't wish they were bigger, but rather that they weren't there at all.

Gah, I'm a DD. I seriously hate my boobs with a fiery passion. :lol:

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 3:45 am

MindBlind wrote:
I don't get why women want larger breasts. I can't think of a single benefit to having larger boobs. I have large boobs and I feel very self conscious about them. They feel uncomfortable and they just weigh me down.

But a lot of females hate having smaller breasts and I have to ask, why? What do you need big boobs for? Aside from societal pressure, why do you think you'll feel better about yourself if they were bigger? If you think it would give you more approval from males/females, why does it matter? Why do you think you need that validation?

I hate how my breasts feel, how much they weigh, how they look, how they make it harder for me to participate in sports (which is something I used to love as a child). I hate how they made me feel growing up and how people thought I was an adult when I was 13. I can't comprehend how anyone would willingly subject themselves to this. Its not that they make me feel dysphoric, but sometimes I think I should just get a double mastectomy before they try to kill me anyway, haha.

Sorry, I'm not trying to undermine peoples body image problems - I just don't understand it.

Story of my life, man. Especially the sports thing; I always ended up being one of the last ones to finish my laps around the track in middle school, because my big ol' knockers kept getting in the way! :evil:

Honestly, I don't understand it, either... What's so great about this kind of thing anyway? What does it accomplish? Nothing, IMO. It just feels awkward over all, and I sometimes just wish mine were much smaller... My mother even once suggested to me that I get surgery just to shrink mine down, but I'd honestly just much prefer to do that through regular exercise.

Anyway, I just hate mine overall. And I'll never understand why some woman make such a huge fuss about it.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 5:36 pm

Sports bras really help. I have friends who were DD cups, who were able to play volleyball thanks to sports bras. I grew up in the back-of-the-beyond, and we still had these available there. I am sure America has had them since the 70s, at least.

A lot of larger women do play competitive sports. How do they manage it ? Anna Kournikova, for instance ?

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 5:58 pm

Practically, and purely for myself, I'm perfectly happy :) It saves me bra-money ^_^

Some people try to make me feel insecure by referring to my small chest size but that doesn't actually hurt me [that much] as I'm perfectly aware of that. I put these [ ] in last sentence because maybe somewhere deep down it does hurt. F**** the world and people's lousy opinions, really. The value of that is an illusion. People who see me once know that I have a thin and slender body. Those who're interested know that. And I'm more than people's opinions :)

(not a native speaker)

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jun 2014, 1:00 am

I don't really want big ones, but I wish they were at least normal size. I'm tall and I have nice hips but hardly anything on my chest, I'm only a small A cup

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 4:17 am

It's a fact of life, people usually think the thing the don't have is better than the thing they do. I have small boobs now. I wear about a 36 B, but before I had kids I wore a C cup. I nursed them and for some reason they are now smaller. They aren't all saggy and floppy and smaller, they look like normal B cup boobs, even at 50, so I'm happy with that now I guess. I have always wanted big boobs though. I don't know why really, except maybe when you are a little girl all the grown ladies have boobs and you don't and no matter what size the grownups boobs are, they seem big to you, so maybe it's a sign of being grownup subconsciously, who knows?

Guys like books though. That's a fact and so maybe a lot of it is the idea of the bigger they are, the more attractive they are. Lots of guys like big boobs and are outspoken about it and it's probably just absorbed into the psyche.

All my friends who had big boobs hated them. A few got breast reductions. My youngest daughter wears a D and she hates her boobs. I told her I'd trade any day. She also has curly hair and hates it and wishes she had straight hair like mine. She's a big girl and wants to be smaller and my other daughter is a thin girl who wants to put some curves on. I wanted to too when I was young and my best friend was big and told me I was crazy for wishing I had her build. Girls with olive skin sometimes wish for peachy and those with peachy wish for the exotic olive complexion. Naturally curly hair is straightened while straight hair is curled. Boobs are reduced for some women while others want them bigger.

You get what you get in life and have to play the hand you are dealt usually, and lots of times people are satisfied with what they have, but unless somebody's ego is huge or they are truly the epitome of their sex, then at some point or other they will look at someone else who an attribute that is the opposite from theirs and wish, even for a second, that they had it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2014, 11:40 am

MindBlind wrote:
I don't get why women want larger breasts. I can't think of a single benefit to having larger boobs. I have large boobs and I feel very self conscious about them. They feel uncomfortable and they just weigh me down.

But a lot of females hate having smaller breasts and I have to ask, why? What do you need big boobs for? Aside from societal pressure, why do you think you'll feel better about yourself if they were bigger? If you think it would give you more approval from males/females, why does it matter? Why do you think you need that validation?

I hate how my breasts feel, how much they weigh, how they look, how they make it harder for me to participate in sports (which is something I used to love as a child). I hate how they made me feel growing up and how people thought I was an adult when I was 13. I can't comprehend how anyone would willingly subject themselves to this. Its not that they make me feel dysphoric, but sometimes I think I should just get a double mastectomy before they try to kill me anyway, haha.

Sorry, I'm not trying to undermine peoples body image problems - I just don't understand it.

I once wondered about that myself until I realized it is much more evolutionary than just childish jealousy. Women think men want a woman with large breasts so, *cough* heterosexual *cough* women tend to want bigger breasts to attract men. And even as a lesbian, I had women ask me if I preferred large breasted women, I respond with a bit of disgust "Ew, no". Lesbians have a lot of the same interests and characteristics of heterosexual men, femme or butch, feminine heterosexual men, it doesn't matter, apparently a lot of women tend to think large breasts is a sign of attractiveness even though I hear about how hard it is on your back, but if you have the right bra for support it shouldn't hurt.

Even though I am a B almost a C I even think on occasion that my own breasts get in my way, but then again I am genderfluid so I cannot speak on behalf of all women. I tend to want to wear tight sports bras and breast binders.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 5:25 am

Quote:
My mother even once suggested to me that I get surgery just to shrink mine down, but I'd honestly just much prefer to do that through regular exercise.

The trouble is that they simply don't shrink that much from exercise

Even when I was really skinny, they only ever went down to 36FF .... and then I really did look silly because my breasts were even more out of proportion with the rest of my body.

:?

Quote:
I had women ask me if I preferred large breasted women, I respond with a bit of disgust "Ew, no".

I would hope that your disgust was aimed at the superficial way that many people base attraction on aesthetic and arbitrary aspects of other peoples' physique, rather than being disgust at people simply having large breasts.

:chin:

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2014, 7:37 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Quote:
My mother even once suggested to me that I get surgery just to shrink mine down, but I'd honestly just much prefer to do that through regular exercise.

Even when I was really skinny, they only ever went down to 36FF .... and then I really did look silly because my breasts were even more out of proportion with the rest of my body.

Quote:
I had women ask me if I preferred large breasted women, I respond with a bit of disgust "Ew, no".

I would hope that your disgust was aimed at the superficial way that many people base attraction on aesthetic and arbitrary aspects of other peoples' physique, rather than being disgust at people simply having large breasts.

:chin:

Uh, well, I don't find fake attractive either. I am also not attracted to women with big boobs...so if that is a crime then lock me up. XD

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 10:11 pm

No matter what size, it's all about how nicely shaped they are, aesthetically speaking.

I have small breasts but I am proud of the fact that I fed my child for a year with them.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 11:25 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Quote:

Girl, i feel your pain. What a conundrum ! Do you lose weight, reach a healthy BMI, manage your insulin levels with minimum meds, get fit but look like a freak of Nature OR would you rather stay XXXXXXXLLLLL but take comfort in the fact that at least your breasts are in proportion with the rest of your body ?

You just can't win, can you ? There must be a special place in Hell for whoever designed such bodies !

Yuzu wrote:

I have small breasts but I am proud of the fact that I fed my child for a year with them.

Amen to this !

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 1:57 pm

I don't. I believe we should be content with what we have. I can't say all, but the only 3 women I know that have gotten implants are extremely superficial. Of course, men love them and claim it is not because of their breast size, but rather their personality?which makes me wonder since all 3 seem to be extremely superficial.

PS not saying ALL women with implants are, just that is my experience with those around me?my ex-best friend, my sister and an acquaintance?all three constantly tried to be the center of attention among men even if the men were married to their friends...