Page 285 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 291  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm

Last week I was driving with the same song on bluetooth repeat for several hours.

Suddenly the song stopped playing and I heard this sound about ten times in a row:

I thought it was a new song.

I was trying to figure out what song it was (and how it started playing by itself when my other song was on repeat.)

It turns out it was my ringtone, through the car speakers.

I didn't figure it out until I got home.

I use my phone so little that I didn't know what it sounded like to ring.

Plus, I'm a space cadet.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm

You might be an Aspie if you are afraid of hearing certain words, numbers, or both.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 4:48 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you mistake the singing voice for the singing voice
of another singer who almost has a similar vocal range.

NTs can and do mistake pop singer A for pop singer B.

In fact an autistic might suss it out better. We were counting inventory in JC Penny. And the muzak was playing an obscure song by a certain not-obscure well known early 2000s female singer.

One coworker thought it was Britney Spears. I said "no, it sounds more like Gwen Stefani". He listened a while and then said "OMG. you're right that IS Gwen Stephani".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 5:18 pm

You might be an Aspie if you are accused of refusing to enlist in your country's
Armed Forces after you turn 18 at the demand of ignorant family members you don't want to
interact with anymore.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 7:55 pm

You might be an Aspie if you are accused of refusing to enlist in your country's
Armed Forces after you turn 18 at the demand of ignorant family members you don't want to
interact with anymore.

If you have autism you can't even join the military. They will not let you. I was going to, but I have multiple things that prevent me from doing so.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 8:27 pm

You watched the Chris Chan docu series by Geno for 4 days and you are already on part 59.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 8:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
You often question your diagnosis when you can't relate to other Aspies when they say how they got high grades in school.

You're an aspie if you think you don't have AS because you are not like other aspies and you don't meltdown or fall apart if your routine changes. So proof here you're not a real aspie and won't be able to be diagnosed. But little do you know you do have routines and are adherence to them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 8:30 pm

Your trash receptacle is pay-per-view.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 5:52 pm

You get told off by a family member for trying to stand up against bigoted family members
who you don't see very often.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 3:25 pm

you can remember routes and street names better than you can remember social skills that other people automatically learnt in childhood

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 3:29 pm

You remember the birthdates of all your little classmates from primary school, and all your teachers.

Because, details.

You silently wish each person happy birthday every year.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 11:33 am

You do things to help you keep your sanity that drives many other people insane. But it's okay for them to do things that drive you insane.

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2022, 2:13 am

:P

You might be an Aspie if you are afraid of hearing certain words, numbers, or both.

This happens to me when I go to bed. When I think some words, I am suddenly afraid of them. I guess, they triggers something else. Could you explain your condition please?

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2022, 2:17 am

interact with anymore.

In my country, military service is compulsory and I couldn't get a diagnosis for my Asperger and I don't know what to do when I (eventually) go to there. Because I have sensitivity to sounds, lights and smells etc. I cannot bear crowds and especially some sounds like sounds of irons when they are rubbed.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 3:00 am

I can remember lots of details about trains, but I am not that good at remembering dates of when people were born or their names or what they looked like. Is why I decided to take Geography instead of History yet I love History... But it had all been about remembering people... Something I was not good at. But if they had lessons about railways, I would be dissapointed if I didn't get top marks!
A physics teacher who knew my parents said he once tried to outsmart me by asking a detailed question about a steam locomotive design and my reply he said had completely lost him in the factual details that I had said at the time. Yet he was a seriously intelligent man. (I remember I was hoping he didn't ask any more as even I was reaching my limit of technical understanding! Haha! He didn't ask any more and kinda walked away not knowing what to say next).
I remember only getting a C in my Physics exam as I messed up with an experiment as instead of visually just taking a reading of how high hot wax splashed up in a beaker (Which was what was expected), I had spent a lot of the exam time trying to invent a visual method to record the height of the splash so I would not have to rely on my memory of the splash to take a reading. I ran out of exam time in doing this.

What I write may not have anything to do with beingan aspie, but I include it out of interest due to it starting off (In my mind) in being relevent to what someone else recently wrote.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 6:13 pm

You might be an Aspie if you believe members of your own family "cursed" you with being on the spectrum.