Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

dobrolvr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2014, 5:29 pm

I'm wanting to find some legitimate work at home jobs that actually pay something, and I'm wondering if any of you guys know of any. Thanks :)

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 5:58 pm

I've looked into that too and I don't think there are any.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 6:16 pm

If you know how to program, you might get a job at a software company that lets you work at home.

There are also various sites like elance.com that offers freelance work. It's often programming but it can also be designing and probably other things.

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2014, 9:41 pm

If you are fluent in more than one language, it seems to be possible to work from home as a translator. There seem to be specialized websites where you can add your information, expertise, and availability and potential customers will find and contact you if they need something translated.

Or you could try online tutoring (I see you're a teacher's aide).

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 9:52 pm

Aspendos wrote:
If you are fluent in more than one language, it seems to be possible to work from home as a translator. There seem to be specialized websites where you can add your information, expertise, and availability and potential customers will find and contact you if they need something translated.

Or you could try online tutoring (I see you're a teacher's aide).

I freelance as a writer and editor and I see loads of postings for translators, and have been asked by people I've worked for in the past whether I could translate tech books for them. Wish I spoke another language.

Anyway, I got my writing gigs through my day job (technical design), but, I've occasionally picked up crowdsourcing work (Mechanical Turk on the desktop and a couple on the iPhone... Their names escape me now.).

21 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm

Check out SkipTheDrive (dot) com. They have Fortune 500 work-from-home jobs. Legit. No charge to job seekers.