What do you think your reputation is?

Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2015, 3:21 am

Among my neighbours, the "weirdo". One time the people 3 doors down were having a raucous fire-pit barbeque party that lasted well into the night. When they do these parties they play the loudest music, kids running all over, etc. My idea of a nightmare. Well one time they invited me over when they saw me out walking the rabbit. I politely declined, giving some good excuse, something like not feeling well or just worked & got something on the stove, etc. and thanked them. I really just did not want to go over there.

Well they keep chatting amongst themselves, and it just happened there was a break in the music and they had been shouting, then the music stopped so I heard loud & clear 'what a weirdo' :( :x

On WP I have no idea what my reputation is :)

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

lissa1212
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2015, 3:52 am

Honestly I'm pretty sure I'm disliked by most people I know in real life. People just never seem to want to befriend me or anything. And in the rare case where someone tries to I usually screw it up in some way or another. It's not that I'm antagonistic to people or anything and I actually try to be halfway friendly. But I guess people are put off by my lack of social skills. I can't really think of another reason why people react to me the way they do.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:25 am

people interpret my posts as personal attacks on their autistic identity, so I guess not good

ayy lmao

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 1:57 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^by who?? :? :|

The majority of WP members.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm

What we believe, that others think of us, What we remember of it, is really a projection of our thoughts about ourselves.
Such is mine:
Sometimes, in moments of clarity and well spokenness, I can give good advice. At other times I could just as well keep my fleeting thoughts to myself.
I think, that people generally find me ok.
In daily life some find me frustrating, confusing, socially clumsy, too stubborn, too talkative and eccessively nervous - sometimes too blunt - too much.
On the other hand, I am often called artistic, academic, abstract, atypical, good hearted.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 2:42 pm

Jensen wrote:
What we believe, that others think of us, What we remember of it, is really a projection of our thoughts about ourselves.

It would be ironic if this statement were itself a projection. I'm inclined to suspect that it is. It is completely untrue of me, at least.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 2:52 pm

In real life, I think people think I'm smart, if not a bit eccentric about some things ( I'm able to pass as an NT) and sometimes argumentative/ stubborn/ know it all. On here, I'm not sure. I try to post when I think my insights might be a contribution to posts. I think most people probably don't know who I am I guess....

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

:lol: It's not you, AA, it's that hostile-looking avatar that makes people feel they're about to get their throats ripped out.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 8:35 pm

will@rd wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

:lol: It's not you, AA, it's that hostile-looking avatar that makes people feel they're about to get their throats ripped out.

That's because I haven't had the time to change my avatar. :lol: :wink:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 1:12 am

In WP? I think I'm a threadkiller :twisted: and more or less-more foreign due to cultural differences of active posters yet, there are still common grounds exists so I could still post answers and ask around.
I checked out if there was any former filipino aspies/autie members around, but most of them are immigrants, ½-fil/¼-Fil, inactive or from the capital. (Which all of those that I'm not.)
That means, I can't post many things here like involves legal systems unless I have to migrate somewhere. Or certain things about body language because I'm not from Europe or America like most members here... (Is it?)

In real life? People think I'm a smart eccentric adult that looks and acts alike younger but not regarded as 'immature', with an "ideal physical figure" for a female teenager.
Even I'm loved, respected, and accepted, I still feel a bit out of place. Like I 'should' be somewhere that I've never been to...

Either online or IRL, I don't care if I'm irrelevant.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 2:04 am

On WP, well I’m really new here, but I think I might have already managed to offend some people. Not sure, but I know that I can be very strongly opinionated, maybe too much sometimes. I like discussing things, but I don’t have that opportunity in real life, my social circle is tiny. I’ve also gone years in the past without really talking to people, so I think I have some things missing in my interactions with others. When I was younger I was so often told how worthless I was and my thoughts didn’t matter, so now I’m compensating, I don’t accept if others try to put me down. I’m the only one allowed to do so :). Sometimes maybe this leads me to believe others are busy doing so, even though they are not. And since English is not my first language, this will naturally lead to some misunderstandings.
In real life I think I confuse people, they can’t figure me out. But I also think that people have a negative view of me, atleast from those that don't really know me.
But this is all conjecture on my part, I'm not a mind reader.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

On here I don't think I have much of a rep yet.

In the real world I get called Mr Trivia because I tend to know things. A rp for knowing things and being weird.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

My offline rep is probably that I'm quiet.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 2:08 pm

No idea. I have been told I am "too quiet" but have also been told repeatedly I am "cocky and arrogant". I know plenty of very arrogant people and I act nothing like them. :? I'm also known as being a walking encyclopedia, obsessive and too honest to which I plead guilty to.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 4:28 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
No idea. I have been told I am "too quiet" but have also been told repeatedly I am "cocky and arrogant". I know plenty of very arrogant people and I act nothing like them. :? I'm also known as being a walking encyclopedia, obsessive and too honest to which I plead guilty to.

Join the club, lol. I think when people know that you're well learned they kind of automatically assume you're arrogant. Kind of like really muscular men or attractive women, most people just assume they're arrogant because a substantial number of them are-- but not all, in fact not even a majority. Add in general quietness and I think people assume you're judging their intelligence. It could also be that they're jealous of your intelligence and use the word "arrogant" to justify their jealousness. At least that's my theory.

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2015, 3:36 pm

In real life, I'm often told that I'm very anxious