Page 5 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 4:26 am

I don't think i have sixth sense intuition or anything like that. Although i like fortune telling and it is sometimes accurate :?
I am very interested in metaphysical subjects anyway.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 4:33 am

Jakki wrote:
allow alittle sillyness on this topic explained in a electronics radio wave kind of explaination .
if you have a radio antenna that is more densely built or larger in size . It might pick up more
radio signals . So if a Aspies brain is more densely wired . The idea it might pick up stray thoughts or information more easily . if thoughts are any thing remotely similiar to electronic signals of frequencies that brains might share..? And then call the whole idea .. intuition ? :cyclopsani:.
?..................................
Got to wonder what the post about Nostradamus .had to do with this thread . or anything on this site ? Guess things get weird around intuition loolz

Think I missed the idea behind Nostradamus and lintuition … silly me.

where ever you go ,there you are

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2022, 10:18 am

Jakki wrote:
Jakki wrote:
allow alittle sillyness on this topic explained in a electronics radio wave kind of explaination .
if you have a radio antenna that is more densely built or larger in size . It might pick up more
radio signals . So if a Aspies brain is more densely wired . The idea it might pick up stray thoughts or information more easily . if thoughts are any thing remotely similiar to electronic signals of frequencies that brains might share..? And then call the whole idea .. intuition ? :cyclopsani:.
?..................................
Got to wonder what the post about Nostradamus .had to do with this thread . or anything on this site ? Guess things get weird around intuition loolz

Think I missed the idea behind Nostradamus and lintuition … silly me.

He was a flamboyant psychic.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:32 am

JimJohn wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Think I missed the idea behind Nostradamus and intuition … silly me.
Michel Nostradamus was a 16th-century French physician, astrologer, and apothecary.  His modern-day followers erroneously see him as a "prophet".  Those who study his alleged "prophecies" quickly see the quatrains are muddled and obscure before the "predicted" event, but become crystal clear only after the event has occurred.

Sensible people reject the notion that Nostradamus had any genuine supernatural prophetic abilities and maintain that the associations made between world events and Nostradamus's quatrains are the result of deliberate misinterpretations or mistranslations.  It can also be rightfully argued that Nostradamus's predictions are characteristically vague, meaning they could be applied to virtually anything, and are useless for determining whether their author had any real prophetic powers.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2022, 2:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Think I missed the idea behind Nostradamus and intuition … silly me.
Michel Nostradamus was a 16th-century French physician, astrologer, and apothecary.  His modern-day followers erroneously see him as a "prophet".  Those who study his alleged "prophecies" quickly see the quatrains are muddled and obscure before the "predicted" event, but become crystal clear only after the event has occurred.

Sensible people reject the notion that Nostradamus had any genuine supernatural prophetic abilities and maintain that the associations made between world events and Nostradamus's quatrains are the result of deliberate misinterpretations or mistranslations.  It can also be rightfully argued that Nostradamus's predictions are characteristically vague, meaning they could be applied to virtually anything, and are useless for determining whether their author had any real prophetic powers.

I like your post. My only issue is that I wonder if he has a significant number of modern day followers who see him as their prophet. Why would someone word it that way? Maybe it is an ASD way of looking at it that is literal.

I developed an interest in him as a child at the same time I had an interest in Big Foot, The Loch Ness Monster, UFOs, Dracula, etc... That is how I associate him. He is a myth and a legend like Dracula. I imagine there are some Dracula followers as well.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 2:26 pm

JimJohn wrote:
. . . I wonder if he has a significant number of modern day followers who see him as their prophet. Why would someone word it that way? . . .
Why would anyone even suggest that Donald Trump is the Messiah and Mike Lindell is his Prophet?  Probably for similar reasons: They need to believe in something that makes sense to them, even if it makes no sense to any rational person.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm

Nostradamus wrote:
.....and there's shall come a man of mechanical ability, a engineer. He is a man of rationality, but his father he does hate him so. But he shall take up strength in the words of his forefathers, and denounce charlatans and false prophets with great vigor.....

I Don't know who or what, 'ol Nostro was predicting, here. My guess is, James Randi.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:02 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:
.....and there's shall come a man of mechanical ability, a engineer. He is a man of rationality, but his father he does hate him so. But he shall take up strength in the words of his forefathers, and denounce charlatans and false prophets with great vigor... Don't know who or what, 'ol Nostro was predicting, here. My guess is, James Randi.
I have a copy of "The Compleat Works of Nostradamus" at hand . . . would you please cite the quatrain's number?

Nothing shows up in any key-word searches, whether en Français or in English.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:07 pm

I see....

autistic people!

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:15 pm

Maybe I should let you in on a little secret Fnord.... I been fabricating these things out of thin air, these nostry quotess, all along,...ya know for sh1ts and giggles...aka taking the piss...let's just keep that between you and me....mum's the world...hush hush .....I don't believe in Nostradamus. I am a skeptic, Like James Randi. I don't believe he had predictive powers, I believe , like you said, they adjust the writings to whatever incident happens, After the fact.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:17 pm

Thank you.  Mr. Randi was one of my heroes.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:21 pm

Yeah, I certainly respect James Randi, more than say, Uri Gellar.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2022, 3:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
. . . I wonder if he has a significant number of modern day followers who see him as their prophet. Why would someone word it that way? . . .
Why would anyone even suggest that Donald Trump is the Messiah and Mike Lindell is his Prophet?  Probably for similar reasons: They need to believe in something that makes sense to them, even if it makes no sense to any rational person.

My first draft suggested that someone would word it that way to promote the idea that extremist groups are rampant. I figured why go there with the politics. I realize you are basically copy and pasting Wikipedia. Maybe not, but it doesn't matter. It is just an observation. I can't argue with any of it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:32 pm

can somebody please explain to me that thing geller does with the watches, over the radio he tells people to shout "WORK!" at their non-functioning watches, and a number of them seem to function again.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:42 pm

English comedians were taking the 'mickey out of Uri , even back in the 80's.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:59 pm

Wait a minute … I thought Uri Gellar was a professional spoon bender. .? 8O

where ever you go ,there you are